Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clowney says "Luck better have his head on a swivel"

BLUEx40

Luck should watch the original " The Longest Yard"  with Burt Reynolds,   though Clowney won't be coming up the middle,  the "accidental" spiral to the groin would be worth the penalty.  :td:  :banana:  :36dancing:  :woah: 

exactly what I was thinking when I read the title

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you can't tell someone you're taking them until hours before the draft not a day/days before?

You can tell them whenever you decide. They have to declare and be eligible, and the draft order has to be finalized. It usually doesn't happen until a few days before the draft, at best, just in case something happens (let's say Clowney got arrested last weekend or something, but the Texans had told him three weeks ago they were taking him at #1). The Lions negotiated with Stafford for almost a week before reaching a deal the day before the draft. The Texans started negotiating with Reggie Bush and Mario Williams more than a week before the the draft.

There's no real need to do any of this prior to the draft anymore, since the contracts are predetermined. But the Colts announced their decision on Luck several days before the draft. And technically, you can start working on the contract before the draft, although that hasn't happened since the new CBA.

And how's that worked out for you guys?

Well Watt won DPOY in 2012 and had another stellar season on the worst team in the league.

If you asked him, Luck would tell you he always knows where #99 lines up.

Well Watt won DPOY in 2012 and had another stellar season on the worst team in the league.

And knowing where #99 is on the field is why the Colts are 3-1 vs the Texans under Andrew Luck right

:thmup:

You're absolutely right about that. And if you took Clowney, everyone would be aware of his presence as well. No question.

The problem is Clowney's comments coming off as presumptuous and mouthy. Not really helping the already questionable perception some have of him.

Slightly off-topic: What do you think the Texans wind up doing tomorrow? I feel like they're going to trade down...

I like his confidence, and he's right. Having possibly two of the best defenders in the NFL would make any QB have his head on a swivel. I'm still hoping for Manziel but this Clowney guy could help us get out of the cellar too.

I like his confidence, and he's right. Having possibly two of the best defenders in the NFL would make any QB have his head on a swivel. I'm still hoping for Manziel but this Clowney guy could help us get out of the cellar too.

We don't know of clowney is even good enough to be in the same category as jj so saying reverting to him as one of the best is just ridiculous. . What you guys really should worry about is finding someone to cover TY.. he's torched you guys

He's one to talk, hasn't played a down in the NFL. Trash talking a talented young QB while disrespecting a pro offensive-line (doesn't matter if it's not one of the best in the league). This guy's ego has me fed up. Lazy piece of you know what.

We don't know of clowney is even good enough to be in the same category as jj so saying reverting to him as one of the best is just ridiculous. . What you guys really should worry about is finding someone to cover TY.. he's torched you guys

Well no crap...of course we don't know (and I said possibly but I guess you missed it) but when every analyst and expert is drooling over you there is a reason. He has potential whether you want to admit it or not. If we do get Clowney then he and Watt will be on the quarterback so much Hilton won't be a problem...don't be so defensive, the guy didn't threaten to break Andrew's arm or anything he was speaking common sense. But...as usual...things are getting blown out of proportion.

Well no crap...of course we don't know but when every analyst and expert is drooling over you there is a reason. He has potential whether you want to admit it or not. If we do get Clowney then he and Watt will be on the quarterback so much Hilton won't be a problem...don't be so defensive, the guy didn't threaten to break Andrew's arm or anything he was speaking non-sense. But...as usual...things are getting blown out of proportion.

Fixed it for you :thmup:

You are so right, TK.

Hours and hours of suck-up coverage before these new boys have done anything..

ESPN treats them like they're Hall-of-Famers

Let's not forget ESPN and NFLN (and others) did the same with some guy named...........    Luck.

Just sayin.....

He doesn't, that's what makes this even more ridiculous.

It is him trying get picked first overall when he had a whole season to make that happen now he is reduced to running his mouth if he played half as well as he is talking right now there would be no question who the #1 pick would be. 

I hope Houston does take him he seems like a lazy kid who everything has come easy to his whole life and isn't going to want to put in the work it will take to be great at the next level. He will collect his checks happily be an underachiever. First time he comes out of a spin move to have Allen plant him on his butt he will not be so excited.

I don't really recall a lot of players who had to tell everyone how great they were before the draft being that great.

Slightly off-topic: What do you think the Texans wind up doing tomorrow? I feel like they're going to trade down...

It can go two ways:

1 - They just pick the best player in the draft (Clowney)

2 - They feel that there is better value in trading down and getting more early picks next year, while still being able to grab a top talent in the first round (could be at several different positions) and perhaps scoop up one of the better QB's at the top of the second round (perhaps McCarron or Bridgewater).

I have a feeling they'll go for the second option.

J.J. Watt and Clowney together, does sound like a handful, but let's see how Clowney does in the NFL before we book his place in the Hall of Fame.

It is him trying get picked first overall when he had a whole season to make that happen now he is reduced to running his mouth if he played half as well as he is talking right now there would be no question who the #1 pick would be.

I hope Houston does take him he seems like a lazy kid who everything has come easy to his whole life and isn't going to want to put in the work it will take to be great at the next level. He will collect his checks happily be an underachiever. First time he comes out of a spin move to have Allen plant him on his butt he will not be so excited.

I don't really recall a lot of players who had to tell everyone how great they were before the draft being that great.

1. He was asked a question about teaming up with JJ Watt.

2. Calling him lazy and not having to work is just ridiculous. Nobody gets picked #1 overall and regarded as the best defensive prospect ever if he was lazy and didn't have a good work ethic.

3. I find it hard to believe he wasn't saying this in a joking manner.

4. This is the same fan base who loves to hear how Peyton said he was going to kick the Colts' * for 15 years if they didn't draft him. This is no different.

Basically, y'all are taking this too seriously.

guys guys guys....  come on now....  

ever since hearing that the Texans could take Clowney with the first pick, we have all been thinking what Clowney said.  our oline has been a weakness for us and the Texans DLine has been a strength for them.  If Clowney is even close to as good as he has been hyped to be, the Texans will have the #1 DLine in the NFL.  Luck will have to have his head on a swivel BUT his mobility, avoiding pressure, awareness, and pocket presence will make this possible for him.  We will be just fine.

Luck should watch the original " The Longest Yard"  with Burt Reynolds,   though Clowney won't be coming up the middle,  the "accidental" spiral to the groin would be worth the penalty.  :td:  :banana:  :36dancing:  :woah: 

Where is Lurch for the clothes-line?  

zyard.jpg

He will be drafted no later than the 4th.

According to TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline, "a number of teams" believe there's a "real chance" Stanford ILB Shayne Skov will go undrafted.

Skov had a big college name, but lacks NFL-caliber athleticism and has injury red flags. "He’s a good guy but slow with major medical red flags," said one college scouting director. "The whole (pre-draft) process has hurt him." Skov didn't work out at the Combine. He ran a 5.09 forty at Stanford's Pro Day.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=9552&line=287100&spln=1

Are we sure thats what he said? I have heard him talk, He isn't the sharpest spoon in the knife drawer.... He sounds like he has a 4th grade Education.

Sharpest spoon? :scratch:  :dunno: ......I think you mean knife

Meh no big deal, He will get a sack at some point off of Luck in his career......If he gets drafted by the Texans he best be worried about how the hell he is going to do that in January anytime soon