Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gavins Newest Colts Mock

2.(Pick 59)Jeremiah Attaochu OLB Georgia Tech

3.(Pick 90)140 Points TRADE DOWN 15 spots to 105 Jaguars, Pick up Jags 105 pick(84 points), 114 pick (66 points)....total 84+66=150 points.....close enough?

4.Pick 105 from Jags Dion Bailey Safety USC

4.Pick 114 from Jags Phillip Gaines CB Missouri

5.Kevin Norwood WR Alabama

6.Jeff Scott, Scat Back Ole Miss

7.Shawn Jackson ILB/OLB Tulsa

Why no Center? I get the feeling coaching staff....Or Grigson....is content to let Holmes and Costa fight it out

Have at it folks!

I love what you had going until the 5th round. I like our young receivers don't really want to part ways with one just yet. I think Brazil is ready to take a big step if he can get on the field we all know Rogers potential.

I would rather grab a another S Tre Boston might slip or Exum or an O lineman especially if Cyril Richardson and Chris Watt continue to slip in mocks in the 5th. I realize that would be more of a fall than slip for Richardson. Really the best player there besides a QB RB TE or WR. I just don't see the need at those positions. We can't practice squad Rogers Brazil or Whalen they would not clear waivers.... maybe Whalen would.

I love what you had going until the 5th round. I like our young receivers don't really want to part ways with one just yet. I think Brazil is ready to take a big step if he can get on the field we all know Rogers potential.

I would rather grab a another S Tre Boston might slip or Exum or an O lineman especially if Cyril Richardson and Chris Watt continue to slip in mocks in the 5th. I realize that would be more of a fall than slip for Richardson. Really the best player there besides a QB RB TE or WR. I just don't see the need at those positions. We can't practice squad Rogers Brazil or Whalen they would not clear waivers.... maybe Whalen would.

Whalen's not eligible. Played in too many games last season.

Overall, I like the mock a lot. Very realistic. I'm of the same school of throught with drafting a WR this year. I'd rather see what we have in our younger depth first. I've grown to like Attachou more and more over the past few weeks and if we can get him, Bailey, and Gaines, I'll be stoked.

I'd expect Norwood to come in and make either Lenz or Brazill expendable

I agree. WR should not be addressed in the draft now unless the right guy comes along that Grigs feels can come in and easily send Brazill or Whalen packing. Even then, they should be aiming higher than that and to do so now would cause a rift int he RW corps IMO. Lets see if Nicks is going to be our security blanket to hold onto while Reggie Wayne gets close to retirement. If he is, that's great, we can still draft a WR in preparation of Reggie's retirement. If he is not, that's great, we can still draft a WR in preparation of Reggie's retirement.

I'll support most any decision Grigs makes, judge him harshly for it, and come to terms with it eventually ;)

Lenz? 

I love the trade back, along with the draft.  However, I would do something different in the 5th and 6th round. 

You went bpa over need in round 2, which is fine, but at some point we have to add depth at positions of need.  I feel that our depth at WR and RB is more sufficient than just about every other position on our roster, especially OL and DB. 

I know Whalen is not eligable for practice squad I was saying maybe he would clear waivers

I would be very disappointed to see Brazil or Rogers let go neither is going to clear the wire. We would basically be cutting them. I have a feeling about Brazil and Rogers just has too much potential not to let him go through a camp and really see what we have.

Who is Lenz?

Lenz? 

I love the trade back, along with the draft.  However, I would do something different in the 5th and 6th round. 

You went bpa over need in round 2, which is fine, but at some point we have to add depth at positions of need.  I feel that our depth at WR and RB is more sufficient than just about every other position on our roster, especially OL and DB. 

http://www.colts.com/team/roster/Josh-Lenz/a380801e-1840-489d-b90a-a38ee724a0f5

Josh Lenz...Iowa State...Unless he was released and I missed it...Long shot at the very best to make the roster, Brazill cant exactly get on the field much either despite the problems we had going on at wr after Wayne went down BUT I will say this, Just because he cant seem to get on the field much doesn't mean he cant play, I think he can be a decent wr in the league....I just dont want to bank on him not getting suspended again, I dont have those concerns with Norwood...Really if we think about it...3 wide receivers are locks to make the roster.....Wayne...Nicks...Hilton....All others...Including Whalen...who had himself a decent showing in 9 games last year are certainly not locks...Heck Norwood could potentially come in and beat out Whalen....Though I think its unrealistic to think Whalen would be the first to go if Norwood were to beat out a WR currently on the roster, But I think he would push a couple of our wr's that are going to be on the bubble, However one thing to think about in regards to Norwoods value vs Brazills value is...Norwoods hasn't had any experience returning kick off or punts...Brazill has now, Lots of different ways to go in the late rounds, Just something I did different this time around

Gavin- just out of curiousity-how come you chose Attaochu over Marcus Smith, I understand you're a fan of both but what made you go with Attaochu (I don't mind him I just feel Smith is slightly better against the run.)

I think Attaochu has lightly better lateral agility then Smith...But cant prove that....and both are versatile....I agree Smith is better against the run...Thats how much I like them both, Marcus Smith in all likelihood will be at #59 in my next mock...probably

I think Attaochu has lightly better lateral agility then Smith...But cant prove that....and both are versatile....I agree Smith is better against the run...Thats how much I like them both, Marcus Smith in all likelihood will be at #59 in my next mock...probably

You think one of them will be there on draft day? Would be amazing.

And your mock looks good. Especially like the Bailey pick.

You think one of them will be there on draft day? Would be amazing.

And your mock looks good. Especially like the Bailey pick.

Marcus Smith is more likely to be there Im sure...Though if no teams pull off any funny stuff (Punter in the 3rd round kinda funny stuff ;)  :funny:...To think...Jax could have had Russell Wilson.....Damn Wilson dodged that bullet eh.....Or maybe we did) I think both will be very close to where we pick if not both available

Lenz for sure (Is his first name Contact?) :spit: .  Brazil will stick with zero question.  He is too valuable on special teams whether covering or returning...much higher ceiling than Whalen will ever have.

>getting Dion Bailey in the 4th

Not happening. Too much of a need for safety across the league for him to go that late.

You might be right, In which case I'd get Ladler in the 5th....Bailey is still mocked in the 4th from what I see though,

You might be right, In which case I'd get Ladler in the 5th....Bailey is still mocked in the 4th from what I see though,

That has been my choice in 5 all along...he ran a slow 40 comparatively speaking...love his size...can put a helmet on ya!  (OK Kenny...wrap too OK :))

I love everything until the 5th rd. I would wait until the 7th to get a WR if one at all. If we would go with C/G there in the 5th then I like this draft a lot.

I agree with this. Like the draft overall.

An OL depth pick will happen from the 5th and onwards, IMO.

I love everything until the 5th rd. I would wait until the 7th to get a WR if one at all. If we would go with C/G there in the 5th then I like this draft a lot.

yeah you can put Russell Bodine in the 5th and we can get a wr with good upside as Undrafted Free Agent

I REALLY like the idea of Attachou and call me _____, I would strongly consider (using the Draft Savy Grigs used to move up to get TY & Montori) to move up a few spots if i thought that was a need to get him. I see Little chance ATT won`t HELP a D.

Bailey or whoever Grigson and his team like at S, YES!

And P Gaines is Very intriguing.

From a novice, i would say Heck yes on these moves. :thmup:  :thmup:

BPA and hoping it is a S or CB sounds good to me at 5 OR a Move up to Rd 4 to get Griggs Guy is a YES.

JMO bit I feel good about where we are at with backups Today for those Last 4-5 Roster spots. Other than Safety. 

Our Roster builders will have real info on where to go with picks 6 & 7. Best prospects available and a waste for me to bother guessing what 100 - 300 plus players to choose from for our system. Smarts, motivation, and Love of the game are bigger factors this late in the draft.

Let the Scouts give Chuck the Short List and then let Chuck look`em in the Eye works for me. lol

Gavin- just out of curiousity-how come you chose Attaochu over Marcus Smith, I understand you're a fan of both but what made you go with Attaochu (I don't mind him I just feel Smith is slightly better against the run.)

Attaochu projects as someone who could also play some Good LB in our 4-2-5 in passing situations. Versatilty/Interchangeability ???

We have No Bigger NEED than getting a Pass Rusher being developed to Replace Mathis.

Werner is UNLIKELY to be a big rusher against Left tackles. Just not THAT athlete. He could become Very Solid on the other side and a valuable asset.  As always just an Opinion.

yeah you can put Russell Bodine in the 5th and we can get a wr with good upside as Undrafted Free Agent

Gavin.....    You get MAJOR props from me for spotting Bodine long before anyone else.   He has rapidly become one of my favorite interior lineman -- along with Martin.

That said,  I think there's next to no chance that Bodine lasts until the 5th round.  

ESPN has him in the high 60's in their best player overall rankings, and NFL.com rates him as a 3rd/4th rounder.    So, falling to us toward the bottom of the 5th I'd say is a pipe dream at best.

I have only a few quibbles with your Mock....   I don't think Attouchu lasts until 59....  I'm not sure about Smith either.    But if one does, I'd love to pull the trigger there.

I love the trade back -- now you're talking my language!    Though it may cost us our #6, because it's worth 10 points -- the difference left from your trade.      By the way, I'd love to spend one of those 4's on Bodine (assuming he's still there...)

Not sure we want to spend a 5 on a WR -- with your mock OLB/DB/CB going 2/4/4 I'd like an interior offensive lineman at 5, or BPA,  but I'm not sure if WR is the spot.    I though I'll grant that I suspect there will be a surprisingly good WR or two going in the 5th round.   As you know, it's a loaded position, so I see several players slipping into the 5th round with a much better grade than that.     I'm also not wild about Norwood....   there are others I prefer more...   but, at this point,  it's neither here nor there....

I wouldn't mind spending our 5 or 6 on a NT...   there's a big kid from Arkansas State (his name escapes me now)  that I like...

But, all in all.....   this is much closer to what I'd like to see than most of the other mocks!    

Nice job!      :thmup:

3.(Pick 90)140 Points TRADE DOWN 15 spots to 105 Jaguars, Pick up Jags 105 pick(84 points), 114 pick (66 points)....total 84+66=150 points.....close enough?

Why no Center? I get the feeling coaching staff....Or Grigson....is content to let Holmes and Costa fight it out

Have at it folks!

Like I always say, SW1 sucks at salary cap stuff & who to select in the draft stuff, but I do appreciate your mock list Gavin & will wait to see who we get in May & see what they do in Preseason games. Times like this I just shut up, listen, & soak up whatever kernels of wisdom I read from forum members I respect on here like yourself. 

Have at it folks!

Attaochu at #59 is pushing it I think. I'm not so sure he doesn't end up going early 2nd but what do I know. Heck, even guessing on the top 10 this year is going to be next to impossible. He is an intriguing prospect based on what I've read. I don't follow college football a great deal so I don't have any first hand knowledge on much of these guys.