Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign center Phil Costa [Merge]

coltsguy510

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing as last season!!!! I'm going to cry!!!! Seriously!! If he is a starter I might shed a tear for each running back and Luck!

You would think Grigson being a lineman would know talent when he sees it!!! :( I can't handle another awful O-Line season!! I really cant

Or perhaps he thinks Holmes will be a  good center?

I don't understand how some of you think?!??!

- Holmes as a 4th round pick last year

- Holmes was recovering from an injury so he didn't play much

- Holmes is considered a very brainy center.

Why would you just bail on him and sign Mack???  The guy has never had a chance to play.  I like what they did.  So now we know the ceiling is how well Holmes can play.  The basement is Costa, which is still better than Satele.  To me, this shows faith in Holmes.

I don't understand how some of you think?!??!

- Holmes as a 4th round pick last year

- Holmes was recovering from an injury so he didn't play much

- Holmes is considered a very brainy center.

Why would you just bail on him and sign Mack??? The guy has never had a chance to play. I like what they did. So now we know the ceiling is how well Holmes can play. The basement is Costa, which is still better than Satele. To me, this shows faith in Holmes.

Because Mack is better.

If a team dresses seven OL for a game, even eight, having the "subs" versatile enough to play multiple positions is incredibly important.  Costa might not be the starting center, but could play G or C if needed, and at the price paid, I don't see this as a bad signing at all. 

Football knowledge isn't real strong amongst some of you, is it? You assume Costa is the starting center. He is clearly here to backup Holmes.

He can play the c & g spot so he can back up a few guys. Still don't think Holmes starts. Think we are still making moves

Football knowledge isn't real strong amongst some of you, is it?  You assume Costa is the starting center.  He is clearly here to backup Holmes.

I'm not sure that makes many of us feel all that much better.  C is still a huge question mark. 

We have enough $$ to sign Mack if we wanted

You are looking at possibly over $10 million dollars for a center. Colts only have $15-16 million right now. Not sure the Colts want to do this with needs left (CB, FS, RG)