Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Twitter Fun - Sherman and Wells

Zachris

Did you know if you mention Hilton beating Sherman on Twitter, he will block you!  haha  I thought he would give Hilton credit, but instead he just blocks you.

If you haven't seen, @fakebradwells started today!  Awesome!  Add the person!

I like Sherman but he is not the best CB in the game.

Sherman is certainly up there... and is a brash young man who isn't afraid to speak his mind. It rubs people the wrong way, but you can't fault the guy for playing mind games. That is part of the deal.

Everybody has bad games now and then, or you simply come face to face with an immensely talented player like T.Y. Hilton.

Who is? Please don't say Revis...

I don't know to be honest. They all have their strengths and weaknesses but Sherman does not always cover the best receiver because the Seattle secondary is so good. And he seems to get beat at times - bad. The colts game is a great example and also the Atlanta playoff game last year.

I like Sherman but he is not the best CB in the game.

He is. You haven't watched Sherman closely and consistently if you say that.

Last year he was clearly the best, and we can only make rankings based on what has just happened.

Sherman is certainly up there... and is a brash young man who isn't afraid to speak his mind. It rubs people the wrong way, but you can't fault the guy for playing mind games. That is part of the deal.

Everybody has bad games now and then, or you simply come face to face with an immensely talented player like T.Y. Hilton.

I was talking about his game not his personality.

I wouldn't even say it's mind games. He's brutally honest and always speaks truthfully and transparently. I'd say that's the complete opposite of mind games.

For the record, I think he's best corner in the league right now and I don't think it's close.

He was also part of the best secondary in the league.

Doesn't matter. You only have to watch how he takes other receivers completely out of the game. Help from a safety is not something Sherman gets. He just shuts down whoever lines up in front of him. Period. Put him on a bad defense, and he'd do exactly the same.

Doesn't matter. You only have to watch how he takes other receivers completely out of the game. Help from a safety is not something Sherman gets. He just shuts down whoever lines up in front of him. Period. Put him on a bad defense, and he'd do exactly the same.

Sherman doesn't get help from safties? This is 100% incorrect.

all corners have safety help, it doesn't matter who you are

He has the best safety duo in the league. 

She will he is on the almighty Patriots now. Talib was gods gift to the green earth just a few days ago.

lol. Guess you actually missed my response from above. Post #8 - "I don't know to be honest. They all have their strengths and weaknesses but Sherman does not always cover the best receiver because the Seattle secondary is so good. And he seems to get beat at times - bad. The colts game is a great example and also the Atlanta playoff game last year."

Did you not watch the Colts vs. Seahawks game? Or the TY vs. Sherman gifs above? 

Sherman is a great CB and might be the best right now.  But he really needs to learn respect and giving respect to other players.  The Colts had his number that day.  It happens.  I am sure next time, he studies harder!  But look at his rant with D Hall yesterday.  The guy has NO respect for any player.  He refuses to give anyone credit, except himself.  Which in turn, doesn't help anything.

I would say he is the best corner in the game...because football isn't played in a vaccum. He does have the luxury of having the best safety help over the top that no qb wants to test...coupled with a fierce pass rush that doesn't give qbs time to throw....thus he knows the ball is coming out quick and he gets physical early and sits on routes...he knows most teams don't have time for double moves etc...it makes his job easier...but doesn't make him the best. He isn't a Deion Sanders or Revis...put him on another team and he would still be good...but not the best. I do think Revis since his injury has fallen off some but I still put him the best until further notice. Put him on that same defense....gosh I don't even want to think about it. That said...Sherman plays on the Seahawks..and it is what it is...and all those things help make him the leagues best...along with his incredible talent.

You can't be serious...He gets help from one of the best safeties in teh league.

Eer James comments means he watches a lot of Seahawks games and he is a true Richard Sherman fan!! Cause that's what how I talk about Luck. I was amazed to read Sherman gets zero Saftey help and that he shuts down whoever using front of him haha that was hilarious! Sherman is an above average DB I'll give him that. But he gets help all the time from earl and kam. Sherman is not a true shut down corner yet. Maybe in a year or two but not yet!

Eer James comments means he watches a lot of Seahawks games and he is a true Richard Sherman fan!! Cause that's what how I talk about Luck. I was amazed to read Sherman gets zero Saftey help and that he shuts down whoever using front of him haha that was hilarious! Sherman is an above average DB I'll give him that. But he gets help all the time from earl and kam. Sherman is not a true shut down corner yet. Maybe in a year or two but not yet!

The dude had like a 13% interception rate, with the least targets in the league. He's impressive, but i would say Revis is still better. Sherman still has the league's best defense behind him

You can't be serious...He gets help from one of the best safeties in teh league.

Sherman gets no help from anyone.  They put him out there and let him take one side of the field away from the offense.  He's the least targeted CB in the NFL, but still leads the league in INT's. 

Sherman gets no help from anyone.  They put him out there and let him take one side of the field away from the offense.  He's the least targeted CB in the NFL, but still leads the league in INT's. 

You make it sound like Sherman plays all 11 positions...he's good.  But he's not that good.

You make it sound like Sherman plays all 11 positions...he's good.  But he's not that good.

I did not.  What I said was that he shuts down one side of the field.  He's the best CB in the game today. 

He's the least targeted CB in the NFL, but still leads the league in INT's  Both of those are facts.

I did not.  What I said was that he shuts down one side of the field.  He's the best CB in the game today. 

He's the least targeted CB in the NFL, but still leads the league in INT's  Both of those are facts.

He does not always play the best receiver though like Revis and Talib. That is why he has less targets and more picks. He is not always covering the best and he plays on much better defenses then those 2.

I'm sure glad I'm not judged on everything single thing I say and do every minute of my life.  How about you?

We are all judged on everything we do and say..

....but Texting and tweeting means you want it to be judged.....you are broadcasting...

The things he says and the way he behaves are not smart