Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucs to release Revis Wednesday if they can't trade him (merge)

I'd bet just about anything that another team will offer more money than we can. We have too many other area's to upgrade and fill to shell out over 1/3 of our money on a freakin CB. He won't be a Colt unless for some reason he'd take way less money to come here and that won't happen either despite what some fans think, players aren't going to turn down a bunch more money to come here.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 11, 2014 - personal
Hidden by Nadine, March 11, 2014 - personal

I don't care if he is or not. I'm not paying a damned DB anymore than $8 Million.

Anything past that and you've exceeded the salary vs impact quotient (whatever that is).

I'd pay a Dlinemen. I might even pay a Linebacker. But I am not paying a CB or S anything past that EVERRRRRR.

I don't care how many people are drinking the Kool-Aid!!!! ;)

Gee you must be right. How many Superbowls and GM of the year awards have you won?

The same amount you have.

shipment-of-fail.jpg?1318992465

I'm not the one acting like i know how it should be done. Cute pic, judging by what I know of you already I'm surprised you were intelligent enough to know how to post it.

I would absolutely love to have Darell Revis IF we could get a deal done that made decent sense.  Not sure how feasible that is.  He's much more consistent than Vontae Davis I'll say that.  Revis certainly isn't a long term plan though.

I'm not the one acting like i know how it should be done.

I want you to stop and think about what you just typed....would you rather I act as if I do not know how it should be done? Sounds pretty crazy doesn't it?

In the meantime.... *Ignore Button On.

If the Colts can't keep Davis I think you have to at least kick the tiers and see if you can bring him in.  I saw people on twitter (Schefter and another football insider) saying they think the max for him will probably be $12 million on the open market.  Then again if the Colts thought Davis was too pricy they might feel the same about Revis. 

If we thought $9+ mil for Davis was too expensive...I don't know if that automatically means 12 mil for Revis is too expensive.  We're talking a completely different league of player that could automatically add wins to our record.  Revis when healthy is the kind of player to dramatically change a defense's performance.

I want you to stop and think about what you just typed....would you rather I act as if I do not know how it should be done? Sounds pretty crazy doesn't it?

In the meantime.... *Ignore Button On.

Keep the *ignore button on please. I get tired of seeing your pointless comments, you'd think you're a retired GM or something. No one cares how you would do anything because you're ***irrelevant.

Oh I can't tell you how proudly I'll wear that!! Awesome! ;)

For the record as you can see now, I still click and view many of your posts anyway because at times I think you bring value to much of the debate/discussion...If it involves your view on Corners however....well.... ;)

For the record as you can see now, I still click and view many of your posts anyway because at times I think you bring value to much of the debate/discussion...If it involves your view on Corners however....well.... ;)

Please go back to ignoring me. Thank you. ;)

I'd bet just about anything that ...

If the Colts can't keep Davis I think...

Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune is reporting that you can take $12 million of Revis' base salary and convert it to a signing bonus spread over the remaining life of the contract, and that in doing so you'd create $9.6 million in cap space for 2014, pushing his cap number down to $6.4 million.

A. Is that true?

B. Does that have an adverse affect in later years or can those years be converted as well? Can the bonus extended over those years be an off the books instrument or does it eventually count against the cap as well?

If you can keep the actual salary that affects our cap that low, then this might be something. I don't care about the $12 million in signing bonus...that's on Irsay. And if he's willing to pay it, who am I to disagree!

A man who is up front about things. I respect that Gavin; how do you feel about this Revis or any other potential Cb signing scenario? btw Do you have me on ignore?

I'd jump at the chance at Revis, But I agree with others not at 16 mill, 12 mill is still hard for me to fork over if Im Grigson because it sounds like we are sitting in the 36-38 mill left range and press is not really his strength though Man coverage is obviously. I'd go 11 mill per for 5 years with 35 mill guaranteed (35 mill guaranteed over 5 years 7 mill per, the extra 4 mill in incentives (interceptions or interception return yards) http://sports.stackexchange.com/questions/502/what-type-of-individual-player-incentives-are-allowed-in-the-nfl

Which seems to be allowed