Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucs to release Revis Wednesday if they can't trade him (merge)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bye bye Vonte.... Hello Revis... Please Grigson... Cut Toler sign Byrd and Revis.... Just like that, a top 5 defense. I know it might sound crazy 20 million only 2 players. Them 2 players will absolutely make our secondary.

Looking like the old ravens already.

Suggs-Mathis, DQ-RayRay, Ed Reed-Byrd, McAlister-Revis.

Sorry... Just Dreaming

Bye bye Vonte.... Hello Revis... Please Grigson... Cut Toler sign Byrd and Revis.... Just like that, a top 5 defense. I know it might sound crazy 20 million only 2 players. Them 2 players will absolutely make our secondary.

Looking like the old ravens already.

Suggs-Mathis, DQ-RayRay, Ed Reed-Byrd, McAlister-Revis.

Sorry... Just Dreaming

Lol @ DQ/Lewis

@NBCdianna: Source: Aqib Talib is very close to a deal with Patriots. #NFLFreeagency

Going to be another bar setter for the CB market

Talib to the Pats, Davis to the Jets, Revis...? Eventually, if other teams keep signing, it will reduce the market for Revis.

If he is cut Wednesday, it'll be obvious who is getting him. You'll need 15+M$ left in cap to afford him and draft pics. 

I'd take him for 14 million or under

Revis for 12.5 over Vontae for 10.5... but Revis will get more than 12.5

@JasonLaCanfora: If Revis hits the market, will be an interesting case study to see how close to $16M/yr he gets. Some GMs think $12M might be ceiling

I would take him here for 13m. I don't know that Grigson would. 

If we can acquire him for say 12.5m would you be happy or rather get Vontae 10.5m

No more then $13 I'd take that deal all day long tho being that he's Revis. He's perfect for our defense. Immediate superbowl favorites in the AFC if he comes to us.

I agree. I would pay $10 million for Revis. You have to feel that he would want to play for a legitimate playoff team.

If Davis signs with someone else for ~$10mil per and Revis is released, how much do you guys think it would take to bring in Revis? I doubt someone would sign him for $16mil per, but I think I would be ok with giving him $11-13mil.

He better be willing to take much less money, but I think he'll go to the Raiders since they are like a bagillion dollars under the cap.

I wouldn't pay him a dime over $8 Million.

"You've had your payday old Man. Now, do you want to win a Championship?!"

Cleveland might well be his huckleberry though. They need to placate the fan base.

I wouldn't pay him a dime over $8 Million.

"You've had your payday old Man. Now, do you want to win a Championship?!"

Cleveland might well be his huckleberry though. They need to placate the fan base.

You wouldn't pay him over 8mil, then Revis wouldn't even sneeze in your direction

All the other CBs are gone(with the exception of Revis) and I think he prefers playing on the Patriots rather than the Redskins.

Yeah that makes sense. I wonder where Verner is going tomorrow since he already has a deal in place.

Agreed. He's not what he once was

I don't care if he is or not. I'm not paying a damned DB anymore than $8 Million.

Anything past that and you've exceeded the salary vs impact quotient (whatever that is).

I'd pay a Dlinemen. I might even pay a Linebacker. But I am not paying a CB or S anything past that EVERRRRRR.

I don't care how many people are drinking the Kool-Aid!!!! ;)

I don't think people realize that the current Revis deal has NO bonuses.

Nothing is guaranteed.

He can be released or traded at anytime without penalty before a season. So yes, $16 million is a lot, but you get a top 5 corner with 0 future liability. We got the cap room, lets do it. I don't see many takers so it wont take much for draft picks either.

Does anyone else see that his coverage % falls or stays the same each week? Not once did he improve on the previous weeks outing. Were teams figuring him out? Sick/injured/tired? Out of playoffs and didn't care? Tough to say

It's not really tough to say lol

It's because it's listed in descending order by %