Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFT Reporting Davis To Sign With Another Team

HarassedOffTheSite

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None of us even have xp when negotiating NFL contracts so what's the deal with anyone commenting about Free Agency besides their wishlist?  

Besides dealing with contracts everyday, some people do have a good insight on how these type of things work,

None of us even have xp when negotiating NFL contracts so what's the deal with anyone commenting about Free Agency besides their wishlist?

Calling players trash, and acting like they know the ins and outs of low level contracts. It gets a bit much

Considering it's not guaranteed. It's worth the risk. 

And with the same fingers you type complaints about a non-guaranteed RFA tender of $1.4m for rotational players, and moan about < $3m/year for a veteran punter...

Can't take you seriously.

We have $36 million right now roughly, it can easily be fit into our budget. Even more so if we don't sign a DQ or McAfee. 

Yes, but the problem is, signing one CB to $16 million non-guaranteed, ends up essentially being guaranteed as far as our cap is concerned.  So if we keep him, yeah, he earns the contract, but it takes away from other positions in which we would want to add quality starters.  $16 million is too much for any non-QB.  The Bucs are practically admitting as much by cutting him 1 year into the deal.

And with the same fingers you type complaints about a non-guaranteed RFA tender of $1.4m for rotational players, and vetch about < $3m/year for a veteran punter...

Can't take you seriously.

If you honest to God, believe paying that much for a punter is smart money. Then there is no reason to argue lol. 

Yes, but the problem is, signing one CB to $16 million non-guaranteed, ends up essentially being guaranteed as far as our cap is concerned.  So if we keep him, yeah, he earns the contract, but it takes away from other positions in which we would want to add quality starters.  $16 million is too much for any non-QB.  The Bucs are practically admitting as much by cutting him 1 year into the deal.

I get that, but with the cap space we have and could have had...it certainly puts us in the title hunt. It'll be a moot point when he's released and he'll sign for likely $40+ guaranteed.

If you honest to God, believe paying that much for a punter is smart money. Then there is no reason to argue lol. 

If you honest to God believe paying $16m to any player that's not a quarterback is a good idea, then again, you're crazy, and the white coats will be there shortly.

Paying a punter less than $3m/year might not be the wisest, but it just pales in comparison to paying quarterback money to a cornerback. And that you would argue both of these positions in the same thread is just the height of irony.

I get that, but with the cap space we have and could have had...it certainly puts us in the title hunt. It'll be a moot point when he's released and he'll sign for likely $40+ guaranteed.

Well, then I'll just leave it that I'd rather some other team take that contract.  There's other players who would fit the role nicely for much less, and leave us room to sign players at other positions that will strengthen those positions.

Whyyyy do all of our goood young corners leave!!!???? Seriously.... In the past was Powers and now Davis..... It makes me so mad and I lose trust!! :/ I feel like we're in deeeeeep doo doo at CB now.. Like our pass defense was AWFUL last year... I can't even imagine now!!!!!!! Entering freak out mode!!!! :,(

If you honest to God believe paying $16m to any player that's not a quarterback is a good idea, then again, you're crazy, and the white coats will be there shortly.

Paying a punter less than $3m/year might not be the wisest, but it just pales in comparison to paying quarterback money to a cornerback. And that you would argue both of these positions in the same thread is just the height of irony.

Peter King's column on SI says that cornerbacks are new QBs.....money wise

Whyyyy do all of our goood young corners leave!!!???? Seriously.... In the past was Powers and now Davis..... It makes me so mad and I lose trust!! :/ I feel like we're in deeeeeep doo doo at CB now.. Like our pass defense was AWFUL last year... I can't even imagine now!!!!!!! Entering freak out mode!!!! :,(

Powers was just cut by the Cards.