Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFT Reporting Davis To Sign With Another Team

HarassedOffTheSite

Don't get the Byrd hype, he's good but not worth the $8 million a year. He already runs a 4.68 40, wait till he gets paid/older.

I dont care if he runs a 5 flat 40, that 4.68 hasn't affect his play lol. That 40 is overrated

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When u restructure a contract, dont u usually move money into a bonus. Revis' contract isnt even guaranteed. He has a weird deal. Im sure its something that can be done to ease tge cao hit as long as he gets what he's owed.

I started the revis point and obviously no one knew I was goofin'... yeah!!

Although I believe he'd come here for a bag a nutz just to get outa wearing those horrible unis..

When u restructure a contract, dont u usually move money into a bonus. Revis' contract isnt even guaranteed. He has a weird deal. Im sure its something that can be done to ease tge cao hit as long as he gets what he's owed.

How does that make his contract any better for us? His money gets paid one way or another, and it hits the cap one way or another. You either pay now or you pay later.

So if the Colts don't want to pay Davis whatever he's asking for -- and I can assure you that it's considerably less than the $16m that Revis is making -- why would they turn around and trade for Revis?

Please don't keep trying to make this make sense. There's nothing reasonable about this idea.

I started the revis point and obviously no one knew I was goofin'... yeah!!

Although I believe he'd come here for a bag a nutz just to get outa wearing those horrible unis..

*Points to screen*

Signs to help others know you're joking

:)

:D

haha

:sarcasm:

J/K

lmao

:lol:

Just for future reference buddy

If they can re-sign him for a decent price, that's great, but if he wants number-one-bestest-corner-in-the-world money, then they should let him follow the money.

I feel like I was more impressed with Darius Butler than Vontae Davis last season.

There are too many visions of Vontae getting blown up by mediocre players floating through my mind.

Of course, the next question in my mind is how much of that can be laid at the feet of the front seven. Suckage on one end could mean suckage at the other.

Or maybe he kept looking for Tom Brady and got confused.

Whatevs. The final roster won't be set until September anyway.

So a rumor spreads saying vontae might sign with another team and now he's mediocre? Lol

Was trying to edit cause I knew someone would take it that way.

Was referring to tommy Kelly and a bunch of other scrubs they overpaid for.

I took the tweet as right now vontae will sign with another team because we haven't signed him yet, but there's still time.

And that's the best way to look at it right now. Still 21 hours before free agency officially starts. Nothing to see before then.

How does that make his contract any better for us? His money gets paid one way or another, and it hits the cap one way or another. You either pay now or you pay later.

So if the Colts don't want to pay Davis whatever he's asking for -- and I can assure you that it's considerably less than the $16m that Revis is making -- why would they turn around and trade for Revis?

Please don't keep trying to make this make sense. There's nothing reasonable about this idea.

Revis is a star and a better player tgan Vontae. As long as his cap hit isn't 16mil, who cares how much Irsay pays him?

There are other corners out there, if we lose Davis. None of them will be as good, but I don't think losing Davis means we fall to 8-8.  He would have to be replaced by someone, DRC? Munerrlyn? Talib? I don't know. But if we do end up only spending 6M$ on a corner, then we NEED a ballhawk FS, so Byrd. Byrd or Davis we need one. I don't expect both, but we need one.

Revis is a star and a better player tgan Vontae. As long as his cap hit isn't 16mil, who cares how much Irsay pays him?

I asked you to stop this nonsense. Now we have to send the white coats to come get you.

Edit: Weren't you complaining about the $5.5m/year we gave D'Qwell Jackson? But now, it doesn't matter because it's Irsay's money, and we should give Revis $16m/year? 

True, but I feel Brent Grimes is a better CB than Shields yet he's getting significantly less, I believe.

Doesn't matter if he's better, Grimes is old. And a guy his age at CB shouldn't be getting that kind of money. But that's the dolphins problem. They'll be feeling the effects of their splurging of $$$ soon enough

You still haven't answered the question someone else asked...why would Revis restructure? And please don't tell me because Indy is the magical fantasyland that every player longs to play for because were such a classy organization. Point is, he's gonna make his 16 mil per yr. and he has no reason whatsoever to restructure.

San Fran would have to do some real magic with their cap space to even be able to think about signing Davis. They have some huge re-sign's of their own guys they need to do and they have less than 10 mil. in cap space. If it's San Fran(which I highly doubt) then they have to let go of more than Rodgers and let some of their other FA's walk without any real hope of replacing them.

They had about $10 million before letting a Rogers walk.

They have to cap to land Davis..

So... If this is true, then who are we getting that isn't going to be high dollar? By the looks of it, everyone is wanting too much. I'm curious to see what Vontae will be signed for.

I think all signs are pointing to the Colts drafting a corner early. Signing D-Jax and now them having real interest in Arthur Jones. I think our first 2 picks are CB and WR or CB and Safety

It can be frustrating when we see Grigs give premium dollars for players like Cherilus, RJF, Walden, Patty Mac, and Jackson....sure none were elite numbers except Cherilus but all were paid at the top of their value or more and yet to watch basically our second rd pick of a year ago walk away for nothing does hurt. I'm sure he has a plan...and I can't judge til after all the dust settles etc but this certainly isn't how I would think we would like free agency to go if we are the Colts. We had two main issues last year and that was defense and the offensive line...and neither really have been upgraded yet. I know free agency hasn't started but even if we had franchised Davis we would have at least got 1 more year to judge his play and the going rate for these corners in the market has been around 10 million anyways so I'm not sure I understand what we did here. Worst case is he walked after a year...it wouldn't have hurt our cap situation moving forward...best case it gave us time to work out a long term deal and we lowered the cap hits. The other corners on the market I can't say are better than Vontae...and will probably go with a 1 or 2 yr deal with a vet and draft a corner. 

When the cap jumped 10 million...and we saw these teams handing out big contracts or discussing them...I saw some of this coming. I didn't see us making a big splash in free agency because I figured we would bring back Davis, Bethea, Macafee, and Vinatari....but with Davis gone possibly...we may need to make some bigger moves on defense to sure it up. Whether its at FS or on the DL to generate more pass rush but if we hold pat...ouch....Luck is going to be asked even more to carry this team....and we saw the results in the playoffs....he is best when he isn't pressured to do it all.

You still haven't answered the question someone else asked...why would Revis restructure? And please don't tell me because Indy is the magical fantasyland that every player longs to play for because were such a classy organization. Point is, he's gonna make his 16 mil per yr. and he has no reason whatsoever to restructure.

Dude, his 16mil is not guaranteed from my understanding. He signed an odd contract. So my thinking is, you can work on something that guaranteed him money to lower the cap hit. You would probably have to guarantee him for multiple season. Im getting a headache. DRC is the way to go.

I don't doubt that he'd restructure and take a big chunk of that $13m base salary as an upfront signing bonus. It just would make no sense for us to do that, especially as a backup plan to not paying Vontae Davis top dollar. Revis makes 50% more than what Davis is likely to get.