Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns nearly traded for Jim Harbaugh

Dustin

Thanks for the link Narcosys! I had no idea that the HC & GM were at odds with 1 another. Why? Jim Harbaugh wins & always competes for SBs. He may be hard to work with & a colossal jerk, but as long as he makes the 49ers relevant who cares? Jim isn't going anywhere. 

Thanks for the link Narcosys! I had no idea that the HC & GM were at odds with 1 another. Why? Jim Harbaugh wins & always competes for SBs. He may be hard to work with & a colossal jerk, but as long as he makes the 49ers relevant who cares? Jim isn't going anywhere. 

Contrary to most people's opinion, I still believe the year they benched Alex Smith, who was having a career year, and brought in Kaepernick, cost them the Super Bowl 2 years ago. He still makes way too many mistakes, to make up for his running ability. Look at KC with Smith in his first year there..He did nothing that game to lose it to our Colts. He played quite well in fact. Cut out Kaepernicks horrific mistakes, and they win it all 2 years ago..

This year, they stopped running the ball way too early. Gore is too good to have him dominate for 10 plays, the go to the air and feet with Kaepernick.

I think part the problem with management and Harbaugh is that when he put in Kaepernick, he promised them Super Bowl wins for years to come. Having been beaten the past 2 years in the playoffs, they are starting to get tired of his antics and attitude. And SW1, my friend..don't think for one minute that they wont get rid of Harbaugh, even if he makes the playoffs. Look at what San Diego did to Marty Schottenheimer...I think he went 13-3 and he got fired, because he couldn't take them all the way. Combined with Harbaugh's temper, attitude and mouth, don't be surprised if at the end of this coming season, he gets fired if they don't win it all. (you heard it here first)

Just my thoughts on the matter..

Contrary to most people's opinion, I still believe the year they benched Alex Smith, who was having a career year, and brought in Kaepernick, cost them the Super Bowl 2 years ago. He still makes way too many mistakes, to make up for his running ability. Look at KC with Smith in his first year there..He did nothing that game to lose it to our Colts. He played quite well in fact. Cut out Kaepernicks horrific mistakes, and they win it all 2 years ago..

This year, they stopped running the ball way too early. Gore is too good to have him dominate for 10 plays, the go to the air and feet with Kaepernick.

I think part the problem with management and Harbaugh is that when he put in Kaepernick, he promised them Super Bowl wins for years to come. Having been beaten the past 2 years in the playoffs, they are starting to get tired of his antics and attitude. And SW1, my friend..don't think for one minute that they wont get rid of Harbaugh, even if he makes the playoffs. Look at what San Diego did to Marty Schottenheimer...I think he went 13-3 and he got fired, because he couldn't take them all the way. Combined with Harbaugh's temper, attitude and mouth, don't be surprised if at the end of this coming season, he gets fired if they don't win it all. (you heard it here first)

Alex Smith hasn't taken the Chiefs to the SB yet & at least CK has. Yes, I will concede that CK has made some horrible throws in the Playoffs, but releasing Alex Smith was still the right move for San Francisco IMHO. San Diego's GM AJ Smith was a fool for letting Marty go. Prior to Jim Harbaugh taking over, the Niners have not been feared as a SB threat since QB Steve Young & HC George Seifert. 

I have profound respect for your intellect, wisdom, & humor TYG, but Jim is gonna be on the west coast for at least 10 years due to his ability to compete for Lombardi Championships in my estimation. If Jim does get the boot within the next season or 2, I will give you full credit for your prophecy; you have my word. SW1 has been wrong many times before. 

Okay, in the interest of fairness, HC Steve Mariucci, WR T.O., & QB Jeff Garcia did have about 2 really productive seasons together too. I can't deny that fact. 

When you get the chance to get rid of the guy who lead your team to its first Super Bowl since 1994, given you three straight winning seasons after dealing with 8 straight seasons of 8-8 or worse, and getting the team to at least the conference championship in his first three seasons you got to move on.  

The team was horribly rudderless and Alex Smith was nothing but a bust in San Fran before Harbaugh got there.  Sure he is going to rub some people the wrong way, but a lot of the great players and coaches are like that. 

Also, when you have a young promising QB always smart to get rid of the guy who has helped him develop to where he was.  

If I am a 49ers fan and they let him go I would go ballistic especially if they start losing again after he is gone.