Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agents-to-be in the Pro-Bowl

bavanlan

Lets make Mack a priority

Second that.

He's probably #1 on a lot of teams lists.  We have to be the best choice for him as far as a team with a bright future.  So, the question is, will be in the ball park as far as what he wants for money.

IMHO, this is one guy we should overpay for.

Imagine Orakpo alongside Mathis... 

It would be interesting to see if they'd be complimentary or redundant.  Would probably depend on Orakpo's ability to man the strong side.  Physically, you'd think he should be able to do it, but who knows if he's willing.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Second that.

He's probably #1 on a lot of teams lists.  We have to be the best choice for him as far as a team with a bright future.  So, the question is, will be in the ball park as far as what he wants for money.

IMHO, this is one guy we should overpay for.

If we are going to overpay players, they might as well be pro bowlers, instead of mid-tier FAs.

It would be interesting to see if they'd be complimentary or redundant.  Would probably depend on Orakpo's ability to man the strong side.  Physically, you'd think he should be able to do it, but who knows if he's willing.

From the small amount I have watched the Redskins he looks to set the edge and play the run pretty well.

Mack would be great, but lets be honest a team like Cleveland (talent starved with a massive cap room) wouldn't let one of their top players leave.

Verner would be a good signing imo but the best one is Orakpo. Don't know what the Redskins cap space is like now but it was terrible a while back. Plus Pagano in the pro bowl would be an audition for Orakpo

Guest TeamLoloJones

Mack would be great, but lets be honest a team like Cleveland (talent starved with a massive cap room) wouldn't let one of their top players leave.

Verner would be a good signing imo but the best one is Orakpo. Don't know what the Redskins cap space is like now but it was terrible a while back. Plus Pagano in the pro bowl would be an audition for Orakpo

There is hope since Cleveland will have a new coach, and the current front office didn't draft Mack.  Those things together make a player like Mack hitting FA a little more likely, but I would be surprised (pleasantly) if Mack went to FA. The Redskins will have plenty of cap space for Orakpo....but again, new coach in D.C. so you never know.  Same with Verner in Tennessee.

There is hope since Cleveland will have a new coach, and the current front office didn't draft Mack.  Those things together make a player like Mack hitting FA a little more likely, but I would be surprised (pleasantly) if Mack went to FA. The Redskins will have plenty of cap space for Orakpo....but again, new coach in D.C. so you never know.  Same with Verner in Tennessee.

Yeah thats true. Any of them 3 could join us, maybe even all 3. Who knows?

Guest TeamLoloJones

Yeah thats true. Any of them 3 could join us, maybe even all 3. Who knows?

I honestly hope we get just one of the big name guys out there. Verner, Byrd, Mack, Spikes, Orakpo, etc.  Just to add one more star player to the roster, and then continue with the building process.

I think you have a point with Orakpo, new DC perhaps a new defensive system.  But I can pretty much guarantee there is not a coach in the NFL that would not like a young, probowl talent center to build the line around.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I think you have a point with Orakpo, new DC perhaps a new defensive system.  But I can pretty much guarantee there is not a coach in the NFL that would not like a young, probowl talent center to build the line around.

Which may be exactly why Mack does everything he can to get out of Cleveland.  Threaten to not report if tagged, or ask for a ridiculous contract from the Browns so they let him go...but if Mack wants to play for Cleveland, I see almost no chance of him walking.

I'm just not sure I'm willing to pay $10-11M APY for what Orakpo would bring.  Maybe I could be talked into to it, but it would seem like that money could be better spent elsewhere (CB, OL).

While I am inclined to agree, I'm not completely sold that Mack wants to re-sign here, there have been zero talks. 

I'd be fine with Mack, Verner, Byrd or Orapko

I would be excited with Mack and Bryd.

Orakpo would be a nice add-on.

I am praying that we get Alex Mack. He would be an anchor on the offensive line for years to come. 

Imagine Orakpo alongside Mathis... 

I was just wondering after I saw that Team Sanders (Pagano's team) traded Mathis for Orakpo if Pagano had any influence in that decision, perhaps wanting to get a closer look at the guy??

Coached by Pagano:

• Greg Hardy
  • Brian Orakpo
  • Brent Grimes
  • T.J. Ward
  • Brandon Albert
  • Alex Mack  :rulez:

NOT Coached by Pagano:

• Jimmy Graham
  • Alterraun Verner  :rulez:
  • Jairus Byrd :rulez:  :rulez:   :rulez:  :rulez:  :rulez:  :rulez:  :rulez:   :rulez:  :rulez:  :rulez:  :rulez:  
  • Jason Hatcher

I think I got them all...

made a correction for ya

Just saying I think Grigs prefers guys who have something to prove and/or have a chip on their shoulder.

You COULD end up being correct in that, but I'm not certain the last couple of years are a great barameter.

2012 there was a small amount to spend, and a lot of roster spots to fill.

2013 there were few 'pro bowl' types, and apparently none he liked (me too).

Could find out this year, unless all the acceptable pro bowlers get tagged.

Coached by Pagano:

• Greg Hardy
  • Brian Orakpo
  • Brent Grimes
  • T.J. Ward
  • Brandon Albert
  • Alex Mack :rulez:
NOT Coached by Pagano:
  • Jimmy Graham
  • Alterraun Verner :rulez:
  • Jairus Byrd
  • Jason Hatcher
I think I got them all...
I wonder why team Pagano traded for Orakpo...

edit: someone beat me to it.

While Orakpo would be nice, how would they handle playing time for him, Mathis, Werner, and Walden? Cutting walden would cost almost 5 million I believe. Possible to trade him for a pick?

Walden's here next year; his full salary is guaranteed. After that, he's easily cut.

I am remembering Grigson saying last year it's not in his DNA to go after big names.  Don't get me wrong there are some guys on that list that I wouldn't mind us having but based on what Grigson said last year and what he did last year I am not going to be shocked if we don't land those guys. 

I am remembering Grigson saying last year it's not in his DNA to go after big names.  Don't get me wrong there are some guys on that list that I wouldn't mind us having but based on what Grigson said last year and what he did last year I am not going to be shocked if we don't land those guys. 

“If there’s someone that is an absolute game wrecker at a position and I feel like I absolutely have to have him -- and if the staff feels like they have to have him -- we’ll do it. But it’s not in my DNA to just go after names because sometimes, those guys let off the gas when they get those huge contracts. That’s just human nature." 

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/46549/a-reminder-that-grigson-wont-spend-to-spend