Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congratulations Peyton!

Kurtis Patrick M

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had an offensive line for a while. It was a defense he really needed.

True. Up until Glenn retired he had a good line. (Post superbowl 2006)

The defense has flat out been putrid sans the 4 game 2006 playoff stretch. It actually showed up after being typically awful all season and, lo and behold, they win the SB.

Not to say the defense always played bad. They won a game for us on occasion against teams like the Browns on the rare occasion the O couldn't lift off. Still, 90% of the time they sucked and were unreliable.

I was so mad and depress all week long but peyton just brought happiness to my life. Brady is going fishing and peyton continues his quest to be The Lord of the ring! I can't wait till peyton wins his second ring and all these espn crap head talkers can go somewhere with the Brady manning comparison using super wins as an excuse

Awesome job Peyton! I named my daughter Peyton, boy its a good thing Jim Irsay was right about Peyton Manning being washed up. Oh wait, he's the MVP, broke the td record and is going to the super bowl! great job Mr. Irsay, good call!

ahhh so you people do exist. 

Well here's the first to show up post-game I believe. 

Please go become a Broncos fan and leave us Colts alone. 

I was so mad and depress all week long but peyton just brought happiness to my life. Brady is going fishing and peyton continues his quest to be The Lord of the ring! I can't wait till peyton wins his second ring and all these espn crap head talkers can go somewhere with the Brady manning comparison using super wins as an excuse

Wouldn't that make Peyton the Sauron of the league? I'm not sure I like that.

ahhh so you people do exist. 

Well here's the first to show up post-game I believe. 

Please go become a Broncos fan and leave us Colts alone. 

Funny I am a colts fan. If it wasn't for Manning the colts wouldn't be where they are now, You should check your colts fan status and recognize manning's contribution to the colts.

I am a Colts fan but your butthurt rambling is an eyesore. We did the right thing, and you shouldn't be second guessing it. 

Lol. So you consider cutting the NFLs best QB after 14 years and 2 super bowls ,not to mention all the MVPS as well as being the one who basically built the new stadium the right thing? Are you sure your a fan of the colts or Jim Irsays familiar? absolutely not the right thing to do was throw Manning away like trash, he just proved it was the wrong thing to do. Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours, I just think Luck would have benefitted from riding the bench for a while behind manning.

Awesome job Peyton! I named my daughter Peyton, boy its a good thing Jim Irsay was right about Peyton Manning being washed up. Oh wait, he's the MVP, broke the td record and is going to the super bowl! great job Mr. Irsay, good call!

Please link me to the quote of Irsay saying peyton is washed up?

I agree with RevRichard I love my colts but peyton help made us who we are today so if the colts are not in the Super Bowl race anymore. We as colts fan should be able to cheer for the broncos since peyton is the QB for that team without people saying we are bandwagon fans etc..

Lol. So you consider cutting the NFLs best QB after 14 years and 2 super bowls ,not to mention all the MVPS as well as being the one who basically built the new stadium the right thing? Are you sure your a fan of the colts or Jim Irsays familiar? absolutely not the right thing to do was throw Manning away like trash, he just proved it was the wrong thing to do. Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours, I just think Luck would have benefitted from riding the bench for a while behind manning.

lmao this guy!!!

haha reply to me 2 more times, and I'll see you tomorrow bud. 

Get off our forum if you're just going to disrespect our front office and our future like this!

So you'd rather keep manning and have to cut Mathis and Reggie aswell, leaving manning no offense and no defense? See peyton have 2-3 lackluster seasons with no SB's over letting him go so he can go to a championship team, save the space, sign another high quality qb and keep some key leaders on the team? Sounds like you're a peyton fan and not a colts fan. So you should be rooting for him to get championships, which means it was better that he leave.

Guess there is no understanding or rationalizing with ignorant people.

So you'd rather keep manning and have to cut Mathis and Reggie aswell, leaving manning no offense and no defense? See peyton have 2-3 lackluster seasons with no SB's over letting him go so he can go to a championship team, save the space, sign another high quality qb and keep some key leaders on the team. Sounds like you're a peyton fan and not a colts fan. So you should be rooting for him to get championships, which means it was better that he leave.

Guess there is no understanding or rationalizing ignorant people.

lmao right? 

This guy man. I've honestly not seen one of his kind before on here. 

So you'd rather keep manning and have to cut Mathis and Reggie aswell, leaving manning no offense and no defense? See peyton have 2-3 lackluster seasons with no SB's over letting him go so he can go to a championship team, save the space, sign another high quality qb and keep some key leaders on the team? Sounds like you're a peyton fan and not a colts fan. So you should be rooting for him to get championships, which means it was better that he leave.

Guess there is no understanding or rationalizing with ignorant people.

Guess there is no understanding or rationalizing with ignorant people...Boy you got that right. I'm a colts fan. Manning was cut to save money for Luck. The colts don't have a defense now lol just Mathis and an offense of no names..so I guess saving money helped..I'm done here but your right, no reasoning with ignorant people.

Guess there is no understanding or rationalizing with ignorant people...Boy you got that right. I'm a colts fan. Manning was cut to save money for Luck. The colts don't have a defense now lol just Mathis and an offense of no names..so I guess saving money helped..I'm done here but your right, no reasoning with ignorant people.

Aw....please don't go. Hang around and post more intelligent football snippets. Go on, you know you want to...

Yes your entitled to your own opinion but if he kept Manning the team around him would not have been any good Irsay made the right move

Yes. And we won 11 games two straight years with no offense or defense. But don't worry we have 40 more million this year!

Congrats to the Broncos/Peyton for getting it done and doing what many doubted could happen. And good luck in the SB and rep the AFC....which I sadly likely won't be able to watch since next weekend I am traveling out of the country for a long awaited and needed trip. :) 

And to Pats fans here......hold your heads up. I am sure we will have another battle (or two) between our teams next season and will try it all again.

It's impossible to be happier for Peyton than I am. I'm a lifelong Colts fan who is following the Broncos with passion and enjoying every minute of this ride.

The only thing that your :cuss: comments will accomplish is to create a toxic environment that's uncomfortable for people like ME - long after you've crawled back under your bridge. People will even root against Peyton just in hopes of keeping the likes of you away from here - something that I find distressing to witness.

Just stop already. I wanted Peyton to stay regardless of the ramifications, but it always was (and still is) abundantly clear that it was the right thing to do for ALL concerned. If you stop to actually think for a minute you'd realize that - in complete contrast to your conclusions - the fact that the Broncos are in the SB only reinforces that argument.

Congrats to the Broncos/Peyton for getting it done and doing what many doubted could happen. And good luck in the SB and rep the AFC....which I sadly likely won't be able to watch since next weekend I am traveling out of the country for a long awaited and needed trip. :)

And to Pats fans here......hold your heads up. I am sure we will have another battle (or two) between our teams next season and will try it all again.

There was NEVER any doubt in my mind.

Peyton was great and so was his defense. Heck, the whole Broncos team played great. They have a real good shot at winning the super bowl. The Patriots didn't stand a chance today.

That was gracious on your part. Playoff losses sting but there's always next year with a coach like Belichick and a QB like Brady

Yes, congrats to Peyton!

And for those that have dissed on him for not winning big games, in conference championship games along with Super Bowl games, his record now stands at 4 - 2. Hopefully he will make it 5 - 2 in two weeks time to finally shut the "Manning Chokes" naysayers up once and for all.

Go Manning!

He would have benefitted Zero percent, from sitting behind Peyton.

So your logic is that we would have a better defense and offense if we had less money?

Seems legit.

Manning cut to save money for luck? I'm Sorry was luck signed for over 18 million? Seems you're def the ignorant one here cause you no clue what your talking about. Manning would have to play 4-5 years before their contracts came into conflict. Any other dumb comment you wish to make?