Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congratulations Peyton!

Kurtis Patrick M

Congrats to Peyton and Denver on being the best team start to finish in the AFC.

In terms of the SB, I love the match up of the best O vs the best D. I think the weather will be interesting for this game as well as if it is cold and or snowy then Seattle's chances go up quite a bit but not sure how much Seattle will score. Harvin should be back for the game as well which would be huge for their O.

Should be a great game, if Broncos O-Line protects Manning like they did yesterday they will beat Seattle. Congrats to Peyton 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big props for that post.

Beating the dead horse (no pun intended) of Luck/Manning again it was, ultimately, the best thing for both teams. Manning would not win another SB with this O-line and D. At best we might make another SB only to lose.

I agree with the decision to draft Luck, but absolutely hate how Irsay handled it. You don't say you're going to keep the guy and then effectively kick arguably the G.O.A.T.  to the curb after all he's done for your team. The Colts are my team, but I loathe how that was handled.

Again, though, both teams got what the needed in the end. Our QB for 10+ seasons if our line doesn't get him killed. Denver gets the best QB of his time and perhaps all times and a legit shot at a ring every season for 1-3 more years after this one.

Absolutely. And I hope Peyton ripped into Irsay in private, particularly for the circa $200m+ he paid him for playing a sport. Kicked to the curb indeed.

Whilst I'm delighted for Peyton, I am more than happy to be unpopular, and remind people this is still a Colts Forum, and Irsay is still the Leader of our Organisation. The Irsay baiting is something Sherman would do.....give it a rest if you don't mind, old chaps.

We still have a game to go but i want to celebrate this with my fellow Peyton fans who invested everything as hard as i did.

This victory is for us and here is a toast to all of you below and to the other Peyton fans i missed out.

SouthWest1

Jvan1973

Restored

Colts_fan12

Gramz

Susie

SHECOLT

Moose

OldUncleMark

Peytonator

Fx_stryker

Dustin

MAC

Andy

and of course Bayone ( Barry ).

We deserve this celebration and thanks to Peyton.

Safe to say...... Gramz is Very Pleased.  (never at the expense of others ~ just over the top Happy for Peyton and his accomplishments this year)

#18 ended the day yesterday like a fresh minted coin, no fingerprints on his jersey. Luck looks like a rag doll after a game. Brady, nothing on the scoreboard until he ran one in. How many games has he gone without throwing a TD? He simply was not on his mark yesterday. Eight possessions for the Pats vs. typically twelve. Brady's behind must be sore from sitting most of the day. So, #18 is mimicking whine, it just gets better with age. Add to the Denver win I was glad to see Harbaugh crumble and the arm kisser can find something else to kiss. The mayor of Denver ought to buy the mayor of Indianapolis a pair of tickets to the SB!!

#18 ended the day yesterday like a fresh minted coin, no fingerprints on his jersey. Luck looks like a rag doll after a game. Brady, nothing on the scoreboard until he ran one in. How many games has he gone without throwing a TD? He simply was not on his mark yesterday. Eight possessions for the Pats vs. typically twelve. Brady's behind must be sore from sitting most of the day. So, #18 is mimicking whine, it just gets better with age. Add to the Denver win I was glad to see Harbaugh crumble and the arm kisser can find something else to kiss. The mayor of Denver ought to buy the mayor of Indianapolis a pair of tickets to the SB!!

I am sure you meant "wine" not "whine" ;)

Brady had a TD pass before he ran one in. His official stats were 24 for 38 for 277 yards and 1 passing TD, 1 rushing TD. QBR of 93.9. Hardly a bad day at the office but still not enough especially early when he missed a couple of deep throws.

I would prefer to see him throw zero TDs and have the six rushing TDs from the RBs again but Denver's front was too tough all day.

Great to see Peyton getting the better of Tom Brady in the AFC Championship...AGAIN.  Just so you know, Peyton is now 2-1 vs. Tom Brady in AFC Championship Games.  How do you like them apples, Pats fans?  If 18 wins it all in a couple of weeks, the debate is re-opened imo regarding who is the best between these two.  With Peyton eclipsing Brady's TD record this season...all I am really waiting on is for Peyton to get multiple rings before proclaiming once again that he is better than Tom.   :yes:

Oh...and NE can have your Brady, Indy & Denver will take our Manning. 

We still have a game to go but i want to celebrate this with my fellow Peyton fans who invested everything as hard as i did.

This victory is for us and here is a toast to all of you below and to the other Peyton fans i missed out.

SouthWest1

Jvan1973

Restored

Colts_fan12

Gramz

Susie

SHECOLT

Moose

OldUncleMark

Peytonator

Fx_stryker

Dustin

MAC

Andy

and of course Bayone ( Barry ).

We deserve this celebration and thanks to Peyton.

Thank you Shane. I applaud you for listing the most loyal Peyton fans here in large part because like the actor Robin Williams said to David Letterman after winning an Oscar for his performance in the film "Goodwill Hunting"....Don't forget to thank your mother in your acceptance speech or she will think you are a ungrateful jerk. Robin used a different curse word that I cannot type on a PG, family friendly site.  :thmsup:

Translation: If you forget to mention someone by name, they won't be happy with you for a little while. Enough said. 

The first time i heard about NFL was when i got Madden ps2 for a christmas gift looong time ago.

The first player I really knew was Peyton

The first NFL team i loved and stil loves is Colts

Therefore like many of you says, I also cheered for Broncos and Peyton in the AFC champ-game.. :D

Just wanted to say that i will cheer my heart out for Peyton in the SB just like in the SB's where Colts have takeing part :)

(sorry for bad english, hope you figure out what i mean!! :Dhaha )

Skip Bayless is blaming Wes Welker for a cheap hit on CB Aqib Talib for why NE lost the AFC Championship Game yesterday now. Skip somedays you are so small & pathetic. I even feel sorry for you.

Skip is under the misguided impression the Wes hit Aqib low at the knees when if fact he was actually hit in the shoulder on a crossing route. SMH Skip. You little, little man. It's LeBron James all over again. Sigh...Have you learned nothing? Even a disease evolves, adapts, & mutates over time Skip. Apparently not you Mr. Bayless. LOL! 

No video posted yet regarding the latest "First Take" show but once it is available I will post it here for all to see how childish Skip Bayless is...What a sore loser...Sad just sad...

Stephen A. Smith hit the nail right on the head when he said Blount was stopped completely & Brady misfired yesterday to an open Edelman & only scored 3 points in 3 quarters. 

Oh, I forgot the best part: Bill Belichick thinks the league should investigate the Talib hit too. For what? Was it dirty? That's just football man putting a hat on a hat baby. Deal with it. You lost get over it.

Even if a penalty flag was thrown, Denver would have still won the game who are we kidding here. Let's get real okay. 

Skip Bayless is blaming Wes Welker for a cheap hit on CB Aqib Talib for why NE lost the AFC Championship Game yesterday now. Skip somedays you are so small & pathetic. I even feel sorry for you.

Skip is under the misguided impression the Wes hit Aqib low at the knees when if fact he was actually hit in the shoulder on a crossing route. SMH Skip. You little, little man. It's LeBron James all over again. Sigh...Have you learned nothing. Even a disease evolves & mutates over time Skip. LOL!

No video posted yet regarding the latest "First Take" show but once it is available I will post it here for all to see how childish Skip Bayless is...What a sore loser...Sad just sad...

please don't post it. I lost enough brain cells this weekend indulging in adult beverages

please don't post it. I lost enough brain cells this weekend indulging in adult beverages

haha Normally, I would agree with you Jvan, but when an adult is acting like a cry baby in Skip Bayless's case, I call them out on the carpet. Sunshine is the best disinfectant to stupidity.

He's lucky I don't mail him a box of Pampers diapers. I won't, but it is very, very tempting though. 

Look Skip, you can swear & cry in the privacy of your own home, but when you come on the air as an ESPN analyst, I expect you to be honest, candid, & gracious to the winning team that's what an impartial, professional journalist does or is supposed to do anyway especially one who has covered the NFL for more than a decade.  

Congrats to Manning and his fans here... the Broncos were the better team yesterday, they deserve to be going to MetLife. 

Also, can we all stop talking about LaGarrette Blount like he's the next Jim Brown now? LOL... nice, sturdy runner, but he had a couple of good games and that's pretty much the end of the story. 

Congrats to Manning and his fans here... the Broncos were the better team yesterday, they deserve to be going to MetLife. 

Also, can we all stop talking about LaGarrette Blount like he's the next Jim Brown now? LOL... nice, sturdy runner, but he had a couple of good games and that's pretty much the end of the story. 

That's why I respect you GoPats. You are fair & you don't play the excuses card ever. I also appreciate that you put RB Blount in his proper place: A decent back not to be confused Barry Sanders or Walter Payton AKA "Sweetness." Thank you sir.  :thmup:

Surprised at your take on Blount. Brown would not have run for much more on that Denver front yesterday. Blount has the rare combination of size and speed. I hope the Pats keep him in the off-season. He is the perfect compliment to Ridley.

Peyton may have his cake and eat too with his Star Wars numbers AND ring. I really do hope he smokes Seattle.

I concur with that conclusion amfootball, but the Hawks scare me man specifically their ability to give Manning several hits & "love taps" at the SB. Any QB, even 1 as great as 18, doesn't like getting hit or pass rushers at his feet. That's exactly how Tuck & Strahan got their SB against a high power NE offense in 2007. 

Don't sleep on Seattle. Denver has not faced them since the preseason in a live game & that scares me considerably. I can't lie. 

Surprised at your take on Blount. Brown would not have run for much more on that Denver front yesterday. Blount has the rare combination of size and speed. I hope the Pats keep him in the off-season. He is the perfect compliment to Ridley.

Blount is staying put in Massachusetts amfootball. Don't worry BB is no fool. Yes, Blount has good girth & speed like a battering ram, but he is a downhill runner & doesn't possess the fluid, change on a dime direction that Sanders or Payton had. That was what GoPats was alluding to with his HOF RB Jim Brown reference IMHO. 

Guess there is no understanding or rationalizing with ignorant people...Boy you got that right. I'm a colts fan. Manning was cut to save money for Luck. The colts don't have a defense now lol just Mathis and an offense of no names..so I guess saving money helped..I'm done here but your right, no reasoning with ignorant people.

Don't leave. Really there are some sore people around here. We all are upset with our season ending and felt we missed some great SB chances like in 2005..but not everyone is a jerk on here....some people are but most are willing to have a good conversation about football if people are respectful.

At the time I wanted to keep Peyton and trade the pick for Luck like STL did but as time went by I realized it was for the best for both parties. Peyton got to play for a contender and we got to rebuild with a franchise caliber qb. The perfect situation would have been if some how we could have cut Freeney instead of Peyton...(capwise it was close to equal) and used those picks to get some OL help and used a later pick on a qb....say like the 3rd rd for Russell Wilson?? lol Knowing the draft it probably wouldn't have worked out and at best I think we would have been a playoff team but at least this way we can root for Peyton and our Colts!

Don't leave. Really there are some sore people around here. We all are upset with our season ending and felt we missed some great SB chances like in 2005..but not everyone is a jerk on here....some people are but most are willing to have a good conversation about football if people are respectful.

At the time I wanted to keep Peyton and trade the pick for Luck like STL did but as time went by I realized it was for the best for both parties. Peyton got to play for a contender and we got to rebuild with a franchise caliber qb. The perfect situation would have been if some how we could have cut Freeney instead of Peyton...(capwise it was close to equal) and used those picks to get some OL help and used a later pick on a qb....say like the 3rd rd for Russell Wilson?? lol Knowing the draft it probably wouldn't have worked out and at best I think we would have been a playoff team but at least this way we can root for Peyton and our Colts!

Good points all around dgambill. Not enough money to spread around if INDY had kept Manning. It hurt like hades when 18 was released, but I knew it was the only option: make a clean break for Irsay & Manning. 

I am also overjoyed for the Broncos success & the Colts are doing just fine. Interesting fact about the cap hit being nearly identical in both cases too. SW1 is no salary cap expert so I will take your word for it. 

Yes, I do respect JJ, Gopats, FE, & amfootball for still posting here despite NE's loss yesterday & I do value their insights & point of view on all things football related. It says a great deal about their character & I really admire that. 

That's why I respect you GoPats. You are fair & you don't play the excuses card ever. I also appreciate that you put RB Blount in his proper place: A decent back not to be confused Barry Sanders or Walter Payton AKA "Sweetness." Thank you sir.  :thmup:

Thanks SW. I love football but at the end of the day it's just that... football. It's entertainment. My life is not any better, nor is it any worse, this morning after yesterday's game. Sometimes in my younger years I'd lose my mind, and my perspective, if things did not go NE's way! 

Oh I like him, but the whole thing, to me, has been waaaaayyyyy over-done in the past couple of weeks. He's a big back and he's fast, yes, but he's not going to go out and break Corey Dillon's single-season rushing yard record for NE next year. If he was truly that talented, the Patriots would not have gotten him for a track star and a swap of low-round picks. 

Nice compliment to Ridley and Vereen, yes, and I do hope he stays around. I just don't envision him having as big an impact as some folks do. He may get over-paid elsewhere and if that happens, they should let him walk. 

Good points all around dgambill. Not enough money to spread around if INDY had kept Manning. It hurt like hades when 18 was released, but I knew it was the only option: make a clean break for Irsay & Manning. 

I am also overjoyed for the Broncos success & the Colts are doing just fine. Interesting fact about the cap hit being nearly identical in both cases too. SW1 is no salary cap expert so I will take your word for it. 

Yes, I do respect JJ, Gopats, FE, & amfootball for still posting here despite NE's loss yesterday & I do value their insights & point of view on all things football related. It says a great deal about their character & I really admire that. 

Obviously it was just the one year left for Dwight but yes it was close to the cap hit either way...we had to make some tough decisions...I'm glad we just did it all at once though...and the ONLY way I could have supported it was with Luck coming in return...any other qb...no way.

Thanks SW. I love football but at the end of the day it's just that... football. It's entertainment. My life is not any better, nor is it any worse, this morning after yesterday's game. Sometimes in my younger years I'd lose my mind, and my perspective, if things did not go NE's way! 

Very enlightened attitude there GP. Funny how age brings clarity, distance, & wisdom isn't it? [Yehoodi is 1 of my favorite posters too actually. He's smart, clever, & always so balanced/even keel in his assessments too.]

Sports is just sports you're right. It doesn't change my income bracket or social standing at all either. Life still marches on. Now, if 1 of my favorite bands breaks up I sulk for weeks maybe months. LOL! The Scorpions reunion tour can't came fast enough man. But, that's only because music is my main hobby...percussion playing & reviewing major motion pictures, but that's another forum topic or 2 entirely.  haha

Oh I like him, but the whole thing, to me, has been waaaaayyyyy over-done in the past couple of weeks. He's a big back and he's fast, yes, but he's not going to go out and break Corey Dillon's single-season rushing yard record for NE next year. If he was truly that talented, the Patriots would not have gotten him for a track star and a swap of low-round picks. 

Nice compliment to Ridley and Vereen, yes, and I do hope he stays around. I just don't envision him having as big an impact as some folks do. He may get over-paid elsewhere and if that happens, they should let him walk. 

Pefectly said....on all points...especially about football and its place in your life...sadly some people don't have that same feeling.

Blount is a great compliment to what NE does but he can't really disguise their offense with him in there....definately not a threat to catch out of the backfield like Vareen and Ridley but for what he is...he is definately a solid workhorse...but even as a pounding back he isn't Lynch or someone that might take it the distance....well excpet for against us LOL.

Obviously it was just the one year left for Dwight but yes it was close to the cap hit either way...we had to make some tough decisions...I'm glad we just did it all at once though...and the ONLY way I could have supported it was with Luck coming in return...any other qb...no way.

The strange thing is if Dwight was on the Patriots team in the same situation BB would have traded Freeney to get something for a top tier pass rusher while he still had a little tread left on those tires just like he did to Richard Seymour to Oakland. 

I always liked that about Bill no sentimentality whatsoever roster wise. Just do whatever you must to get younger, faster, & keep winning games. 

The strange thing is if Dwight was on the Patriots team in the same situation BB would have traded Freeney to get something for a top tier pass rusher while he still had a little tread left on those tires just like he did to Richard Seymour to Oakland. 

I always liked that about Bill no sentimentality whatsoever roster wise. Just do whatever you must to get younger, faster, & keep winning games. 

I agree...and when we were letting everyone go...I was all for moving Freeney to in that instance because I didn't think he could give us what we needed....but while Bill has been shrewd...I'm not sure it has always worked out....there have been some that have but let's be honest...I think Bill thought he could replace some of those guys with the next guy up and his great coaching but some of those guys were truely special...and it wasn't just the schemes and coaches and system but he had some really really great players!! Bill is a brilliant coach but not always the best at drafting and making those other decisions.

That said he has a really really young team...that has veterens in key positions where you need them most...OL, DL, QB and I think he will have his team in the playoffs as long as he has Tom at qb.

I agree on the Dillon comparison being over the top but without him running the way he did the last three games, not sure if we even make the playoffs. His value can't be denied but as with everything the media over blows it.

Skip Bayless is blaming Wes Welker for a cheap hit on CB Aqib Talib for why NE lost the AFC Championship Game yesterday now. Skip somedays you are so small & pathetic. I even feel sorry for you.

Skip is under the misguided impression the Wes hit Aqib low at the knees when if fact he was actually hit in the shoulder on a crossing route. SMH Skip. You little, little man. It's LeBron James all over again. Sigh...Have you learned nothing? Even a disease evolves, adapts, & mutates over time Skip. Apparently not you Mr. Bayless. LOL! 

Stephen A. Smith hit the nail right on the head when he said Blount was stopped completely & Brady misfired yesterday to an open Edelman & only scored 3 points in 3 quarters. 

Oh, I forgot the best part: Bill Belichick thinks the league should investigate the Talib hit too. For what? Was it dirty? That's just football man putting a hat on a hat baby. Deal with it. You lost get over it.

Even if a penalty flag was thrown, Denver would have still won the game who are we kidding here. Let's get real okay. 

haha Normally, I would agree with you Jvan, but when an adult is acting like a cry baby in Skip Bayless's case, I call them out on the carpet. Sunshine is the best disinfectant to stupidity.

He's lucky I don't mail him a box of Pampers diapers. I won't, but it is very, very tempting though. 

Look Skip, you can swear & cry in the privacy of your own home, but when you come on the air as an ESPN analyst, I expect you to be honest, candid, & gracious to the winning team that's what an impartial, professional journalist does or is supposed to do anyway especially one who has covered the NFL for more than a decade.  

Here is Skip Bayless's foolish Wes Welker rant regarding Talib's game ending injury. Talk about crying over spilled milk...Skip please grow up. Thank you. 

http://youtu.be/NbGYDIbfu10

Bell Belichick's interpretation...

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/01/bill_belichick_deliberate_play_took_out_aqib_talib

More feedback from Boston...

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/goingdeep/2014/01/wes_welker_hit_aqib_talib.html

Brady had a TD pass before he ran one in. His official stats were 24 for 38 for 277 yards and 1 passing TD, 1 rushing TD. QBR of 93.9. Hardly a bad day at the office but still not enough especially early when he missed a couple of deep throws.

I would prefer to see him throw zero TDs and have the six rushing TDs from the RBs again but Denver's front was too tough all day.

I'm hearing commentators say Tom Brady had a bad day.

That's not the game I saw...rush TD, pass TD..he missed some open chances but so did Peyton

I thought it was a well played game

Folks want to get dramatic with this rivalry.....there is no judgement to be made....and nothing is over

I believe Tom and Peyton will meet again for 3 more years...and possibly more than that..

But jjust because one QB played well does not mean the other didn't...

I'm hearing commentators say Tom Brady had a bad day.

That's not the game I saw...rush TD, pass TD..he missed some open chances but so did Peyton

I thought it was a well played game

Folks want to get dramatic with this rivalry.....there is no judgement to be made....and nothing is over

I believe Tom and Peyton will meet again for 3 more years...and possibly more than that..

But jjust because one QB played well does not mean the other didn't...

I think the media for obvious reasons wants to make the game entirely about Brady and Manning but really the defenses were more the story for both teams and the Talib injury which was huge for the Pats defense and allowed D. Thomas to become a real force early on in the game.

I think the media for obvious reasons wants to make the game entirely about Brady and Manning but really the defenses were more the story for both teams and the Talib injury which was huge for the Pats defense and allowed D. Thomas to become a real force early on in the game.

No question that losing Talib was huge & it did affect how Julius Thomas was covered once Talib was out. Regarding Brady, he is still a 1st ballot HOF QB that always scares me in the 2 minute drill down 6 points. The Patriots are a great organization who lost too many talented roster pieces that finally caught up with them & Tom Brady just had an off day. Rare, but it does happen occasionally.  

I respect Tom & I always will. Besides, the pressure to carry a team on his back all season long has to begin to wear on a guy at some point. I don't really blame Tom for losing the AFC Championship Game because Tom has always done more with less around him except in 2007 with WR Randy Moss. That season was magical except for the SB ending denial that year. JMO. 

I will also acknowledge this: Peyton Manning had better win his 2nd SB now because a lot of teams are getting better....the Titans, Tampa Bay, San Diego, Houston...It's now or never Peyton. No more excuses because the road to the Promiseland just got a hades of a lot tighter in the next few seasons & Manning is age 37 I believe. No guarantee he will make it back. 

I know Champ Bailey won't be back in all likelihood if the Broncos lose...Get it done NOW! 

I concur with that conclusion amfootball, but the Hawks scare me man specifically their ability to give Manning several hits & "love taps" at the SB. Any QB, even 1 as great as 18, doesn't like getting hit or pass rushers at his feet. That's exactly how Tuck & Strahan got their SB against a high power NE offense in 2007. 

Don't sleep on Seattle. Denver has not faced them since the preseason in a live game & that scares me considerably. I can't lie. 

Do not worry on Peyton.

My worry is those butter fingered, soft chicken WRs. They are not physical WRs. I know Denver is winning but they have a lot of drops every game.

If you look at my post history you'll know i have a lot more respect for Brady then many here but in all honesty and imo Brady was looking bad. He had alot of poorly thrown balls, even the ones caught. like he'd put them in akward spots where his receiver couldn't get much yac. Also Denver's dbs aren't that great.

If you look at my post history you'll know i have a lot more respect for Brady then many here but in all honesty and imo Brady was looking bad. He had alot of poorly thrown balls, even the ones caught. like he'd put them in akward spots where his receiver couldn't get much yac. Also Denver's dbs aren't that great.

Yeah, I don't disagree. He was not sharp earlier in the game but overall he was solid with almost 300 passing yards and two Tds (one passing, one rushing). But IMO the story of the game was the Talib injury and by extension the Pats D inability to get off the field. Denver only punted once and completely controlled time of possession.

Yeah, I don't disagree. He was not sharp earlier in the game but overall he was solid with almost 300 passing yards and two Tds (one passing, one rushing). But IMO the story of the game was the Talib injury and by extension the Pats D inability to get off the field. Denver only punted once and completely controlled time of possession.

To tell you the truth I think it was peytons day ajd he even with Talib the outcome would have been the same IMO.

To tell you the truth I think it was peytons day ajd he even with Talib the outcome would have been the same IMO.

Maybe but Talib was taking D. Thomas out of the game until he went down and then Dennard was just toast all day. The only area the Pats D did a good job was the red zone forcing four FGs.

Maybe but Talib was taking D. Thomas out of the game until he went down and then Dennard was just toast all day. The only area the Pats D did a good job was the red zone forcing four FGs.

When Did talib go out? Decksr, Welker and other Thomas would have more then made up for it. Heck they might even have used d. Thomas as a decoy to draw coverage.