Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richard Sherman is an embarassment to the NFL

oldunclemark

What's embarrassing is that an * like that got a free ride through Stanford. I wonder what he actually did there lol

He had a 3.5 or something of that nature. A high GPA at Stanford just like Andrew Luck. I never understand why some people try to attack his intelligence. He's highly intelligent. Just cause he trash talks doesn't make him ignorant

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't have time to read all post in the thread and will say my peace here . . .

not a fan of Sherman he talks a bit . . . but he is young and part of the DB/fighter pilot type of attitude . . . so will give him some benefit of the doubt . . . but he got to do better than that . . . he was trying to put on a show for this post game interview . . . I did not like it . . .

also the choke sign bother me too . . .

you can be intense like Bart Scott against the Pats posted here, but Sherman was over the top . . .

Why should he walk away? He's allowed to embarrass players on the field. But he's not allowed to speak about it?

This PC world is growing tiresome. If I ask someone a question. I expect them to tell me the truth, to tell me how they feel, to express to me the emotions they are feeling, and why they feel the way they do....

Thats not happening anymore... Because when people do, threads like this get started on a national level about how someone 'should' talk, or how someone 'should' feel.... Well they dont feel the same way you do, they dont feel they need to speak in the manner you deem appropriate.... Why is that a bad thing? Why is it not okay for a man to say exactly how he feels?

I am the most intelligent poster on here. Your posts are trash. But what do you expect reading anything from you? I suggest all posters put you on ignore....[and finish with a little image of someone hanging....]

Now Mods, take a breath.......

Indytrav, if I posted this out the blue, on any selection of your posts, how would you react?

1. Get all fiery, and blast me back, and call me some unkind things. (probably)

2. Ignore me. (unlikely).

3. Say, "very well said BHC, we need this kind of response on here, it shows you have what it takes to be a fabulous poster, and I think your are great for this Forum. I, for one, am very pleased you took a shot at me". (not a chance).

Yeah, he was jawing with Steve Smith. I didn't see him in a post game presser making a fool out of himself and taking the spot light off of your teams accomplishment

Well the attempted fight he tried caught attention. Lol but that was like early in the game. Steve Smith post game presser caught attention though.

But my point, I really don't think Bill would handle Richard Sherman. It's who he is. And up in Seattle, that entire defense jaws it's just Sherman does it the most.

But Earl Thomas, Chancellor, & Browner (though he's not playing now) all trash talk too

Well the attempted fight he tried caught attention. Lol but that was like early in the game. Steve Smith post game presser caught attention though.

But my point, I really don't think Bill would handle Richard Sherman. It's who he is. And up in Seattle, that entire defense jaws it's just Sherman does it the most.

But Earl Thomas, Chancellor, & Browner (though he's not playing now) all trash talk too

Bill benched Welker for comments made during a press conference

Football fans can be so hypocritcal.  Fans pay money to see players knock themselves into concussions then want these same guys to behave with "class" afterwards.  None of us know what jawing was going on between the two teams beforehand and on that field during the game.   I have no problem with Richard Sherman.  In fact....I think he is hilarious.  He never resorts to any violence.  In fact, Crabtree took a swing at him afterwards and Sherman just laughed it off.  Sherman is candid and real.  He's not cliche' and boring which is what you fans talking about "class" want your heroes to be....bland.  This is a physical, violent sometimes barbaric game..and we shouldn't be surprised when someone behaves emotionally minutes after the biggest game of their life. 

I am glad Seattle won.  Love Richard Sherman.  Wish he was a Colt.  Looking forward to seeing the LOB go up against Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.  The best vs. the best in the Super Bowl. I guarantee you win or lose Sherman won't have a bad thing to say about Peyton. He's a competitor and wants to compete against the best.   Sherman only disrespects those who he believes have in some way disrespected him...i.e. Tom Brady, Skip Bayless, etc. 

I can't go through 6 pages but just going to say that Richard Sherman is a very intelligent young man..but not very classy. It's like when you have people in hollywood or wherever that have money but still don't have class etc...that all said if that is how he chooses to represent himself that is his own deal. It is very hard for a defensive player in this league to get respect...to be followed etc...especially on the west coast..but this kid uses this stuff as fuel to feed him...some people are just wired differently. I will say though some point this kid will face adversity...he might be injured or lose a step and he won't have anyone to fall back on...people will jump on him. He hasn't left himself much room with his attitude...he is playing the bad guy...the "heel" and it is serving his purpose but it will only work so long...as long as his talent keeps him at the top..and we know in the nfl...that could slip away quickly.

On a note as to do with his comments after the game....while distasteful and a very poor example of what we try to teach our children as sportsmanship I do think it was a mistake to interview him so quickly after the game....the defense especially are guys that play and thrive on emotion...anger...and they need more time to come down from that mind set. Fox got what they wanted..an outrageous comment that should never have even been interviewed. Give these guys some time to come down...outside the qbs few players play a cerebral game....its a violent sport and it isn't shocking to interview someone less than a minute after a violent game and get this stuff....you see it in sports like boxing etc all the time. While i believe it was a terrible example for what we want our children to see and hear and how to act and behave...its just a bad time to interview someone.

Football fans can be so hypocritcal.  Fans pay money to see players knock themselves into concussions then want these same guys to behave with "class" afterwards.  None of us know what jawing was going on between the two teams beforehand and on that field during the game.   I have no problem with Richard Sherman.  In fact....I think he is hilarious.  He never resorts to any violence.  In fact, Crabtree took a swing at him afterwards and Sherman just laughed it off.  Sherman is candid and real.  He's not cliche' and boring which is what you fans talking about "class" want your heroes to be....bland.  This is a physical, violent sometimes barbaric game..and we shouldn't be surprised when someone behaves emotionally minutes after the biggest game of their life. 

I am glad Seattle won.  Love Richard Sherman.  Wish he was a Colt.  Looking forward to seeing the LOB go up against Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.  The best vs. the best in the Super Bowl. I guarantee you win or lose Sherman won't have a bad thing to say about Peyton. He's a competitor and wants to compete against the best.   Sherman only disrespects those who he believes have in some way disrespected him...i.e. Tom Brady, Skip Bayless, etc.

You are most welcome to become a Seahawks fan, and nurture your love of all things trashy. Or stay of course. Just sayin'...

I wouldn't be surprise to hear Sherman disrespect the Broncos this week ....

Seahawks Nation loves him, he will be the highest paid CB in the league. Had is bachelors degree early, working on his Masters in the offseasons. Has his own charity foundation for kids. Sherman isn't the first athlete to remind you every chance they had to tell/show you they were the best at what they do and won't be the last. Everything is good on his end, you can't please everybody.

You are most welcome to become a Seahawks fan, and nurture your love of all things trashy. Or stay of course. Just sayin'...

Been a Colts fan for over 30 years. Aint going anywhere. Dont know what that has to do with my support for Richard Sherman. Thats like me calling you a Niners fan just cause you crying about what he did. Just saying...

I wouldn't be surprise to hear Sherman disrespect the Broncos this week ....

Sherman wont bad mouth on Peyton unless Peyton provokes him which he wont.

This.     

Richard Sherman on facing Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl.

"It's great!  He's a true competitor. I'm a true competitor.  Any true competitor looks forward to putting it out there on the field."   

I haven't read through all the comments here and I'm sure I'll be told how wrong I am, but I had no problem what so ever with what Sherman said or the way he acted. I thought it was quite amusing honestly. I know the "holier than thou" crowd who I'm sure have neevveerr done or said anything silly or "classless" in their lives, will point out how wrong Sherman was for his behavior, but I would personally love to have the guy playing for the Colts.

Whether you believe he's the best corner in the league or not...he is right up there in the top 2 or 3 IMO and thinking he's not...well you're just wrong! Sherman's actions are mostly just theatrical IMO and he does it because he knows it gets under people's skin and gets him attention. With the fake(thats right...FAKE) outrage so many are showing today, Sherman has accomplished exactly what he wanted. So go ahead and let me have it from those of you that are "too good" for this behavior from a young professional athlete.

I am the most intelligent poster on here. Your posts are trash. But what do you expect reading anything from you? I suggest all posters put you on ignore....[and finish with a little image of someone hanging....]

Now Mods, take a breath.......

Indytrav, if I posted this out the blue, on any selection of your posts, how would you react?

1. Get all fiery, and blast me back, and call me some unkind things. (probably)

2. Ignore me. (unlikely).

3. Say, "very well said BHC, we need this kind of response on here, it shows you have what it takes to be a fabulous poster, and I think your are great for this Forum. I, for one, am very pleased you took a shot at me". (not a chance).

I didn't read through this whole thread so I don't know if you and IndyTrav have "issues" but the your post seems a little on the classless side there bub.  Claiming your the most intelligent and someone else is trash doesn't seem very. . . well intelligent.  Conversely if your comments were dripping with sarcasm, my bad.  Unfortunately, like I always tell my wife, no tone in text.

Regarding Sherman, he's a polarizing player; you either love him or hate him.  I would love for him to have a horseshoe on his helmet.  Yes, eventually all the smack talk will come back to haunt him but as of now his play backs up his attitude, especially considering he literally saved the game for the Seahawks.  To the people who are attacking his intellect, you can't be serious?!? He went to Stanford and graduated.  I don't care what his degree is in, he graduated from Stanford!!!!!  

As far as his antics and "bush league" taunts, he's gonna pay for them, literally.  He will get fined very heavily.  As for the people saying something about his character.  His character played a big part in him chastising his own fans for dumping popcorn on Bowman.  Send prayers for him(Bowman) and sending him tweets/messages.  

EVERY Colts fan would love to have a guy of his talent on our team.  You are lying if you say you wouldn't 

Wait until Media Day.. Once the media asks if Sherman can stop Peyton's receivers, Sherman's mouth won't stop... Until the Broncos shut him up at the Super Bowl..

Decker will be crying for a flag everytime Sherman is on him. Demaryius Thomas would be a nice matchup for Sherman, but Peyton is going shred them with Julius Thomas and Welker and a number of WR/rb screens and rub routes with the large amount of man to man they play

I didn't read through this whole thread so I don't know if you and IndyTrav have "issues" but the your post seems a little on the classless side there bub.  Claiming your the most intelligent and someone else is trash doesn't seem very. . . well intelligent.  Conversely if your comments were dripping with sarcasm, my bad.  Unfortunately, like I always tell my wife, no tone in text.

Regarding Sherman, he's a polarizing player; you either love him or hate him.  I would love for him to have a horseshoe on his helmet.  Yes, eventually all the smack talk will come back to haunt him but as of now his play backs up his attitude, especially considering he literally saved the game for the Seahawks.  To the people who are attacking his intellect, you can't be serious?!? He went to Stanford and graduated.  I don't care what his degree is in, he graduated from Stanford!!!!!  

As far as his antics and "bush league" taunts, he's gonna pay for them, literally.  He will get fined very heavily.  As for the people saying something about his character.  His character played a big part in him chastising his own fans for dumping popcorn on Bowman.  Send prayers for him(Bowman) and sending him tweets/messages.  

EVERY Colts fan would love to have a guy of his talent on our team.  You are lying if you say you wouldn't 

I think both yall 2 are agreeing. Yes his first part was a hypothetical. 

I am an advocate for Sherman. I see a BUNCH of people attacking him and not knowing much about him at all. The dude is smart. He made a fool of Skip Bayless a while back because Skip was trying his troll antics and Sherman wasn't having any of it. This is not much different. Sherman did offer Crabtree and handshake but got shoved by the head instead. I agree, maybe it wasn't the best time to offer a handshake after being a little pompous but, things like that can happen in the heat of the moment.

I have seen people say he needs to apologize to Erin Andrews for his unprofessionalism and I also think that is false. She is getting her name out there even more because of this and as a professional journalist/analyst if she cannot handle a raised voice and some colorful movements/emotions then she is in the wrong business. TBH, SHE was the one being unprofessional during that interview. It appears that she zoned out and then asked a redundant questions that offered nothing we didn't already know. She crumbled a little bit, its ok, but she does not need an apology.

Personally, I am a bit hurt by how many people are ready to crucify this guy simply because they don't agree with a perfectly acceptable interview. I am a bit fed up with how our society has become this THING that thinks its ok to fly off the handle with a poorly formed opinion and run with it. There are people out there that are just going to see this interview online in the coming days and spout off at the mouth like they know without a shadow of a doubt that this guy needs to pay for his actions. Some people have already been colorful enough to say he needs to be shot, murdered in the ghetto, be suspended, suffer an accident or career ending injury, and do it all while using prejudice names.. ALL BECAUSE THEY SAW A VIDEO ONLINE AND FORMED AN OPINION RIGHT THERE ON THE SPOT!

I can already tell I am gonna be disgusted with humanity for the next couple weeks... over something as trivial as a post game interview.