Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richard Sherman is an embarassment to the NFL

oldunclemark

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players jab at each other ALL the time during the game.

This was after the game while being interviewed.  Totally unprofessional. You just won, have some sportsmanship.

He's in front of the home crowd, mere seconds after winning his first championship game and advancing to the Super Bowl, and is clearly angry and triumphant at the same time. We've heard players say or hint at worse things than calling a fellow player out for trash talk. Excitement and charisma are a dangerous mix when it comes to cameras.

I saw him get in Crabtree's grill, but I didn't see the postgame interview.  I'm trying to find it

I wouldn't call it an "interview". She asked a question, he blurted out some gibberish. She asked him to clarify. He figuratively pounded his chest a couple of times while suggesting that he had just taught Crabtree not to "talk" about him.

I got the impression that he had convinced himself that he had been slighted in some fashion, used it to motivate himself, and then celebrated his victory with juvenile bragging. I'm sure that players do it all the time amongst themselves in the locker room, but he seemed to think that everyone at home watching was aware of his drama and were ready to celebrate his accomplishment. He forgot the part about their having been an actual football game, and more than two participants.

He's in front of the home crowd, mere seconds after winning his first championship game and advancing to the Super Bowl, and is clearly angry and triumphant at the same time. We've heard players say or hint at worse things than calling a fellow player out for trash talk. Excitement and charisma are a dangerous mix when it comes to cameras.

Also it's not like he was disrespecting the reporter!  He was just excited and clearly * at Crabtree. 

No you don't. The Patriots never had a loud mouth popping off like that. He wouldn't act like that in a professional locker room

The most you got out of the Pats was Brady complaining for flags but I would hardly call that running their mouth.  Honestly I think BB would cut any player on the spot if they did what Sherman did tonight.  It goes against his theory that no one is bigger than the team.  However, BB and Carroll are very different style of coaches and clearly both are good. 

He does it at any chance he gets.....

But hey, if you like that behavior, that is your right.

That's not how a role model conducts himself.Totally childish and unprofessional. I'm sure Goodell will agree when he sends out the fine

It was a candid moment after a game. Reporters know what they're going to get asking questions to emotional players after a big win. What will he be fined for? Being intimidating on camera?

i just hate how he does hes interviews, he claims hes the  best corner back  he does back hes talk, but just stop with the insults to receivers

ty torched their defense 

It was a candid moment after a game. Reporters know what they're going to get asking questions to emotional players after a big win. What will he be fined for? Being intimidating on camera?

Please find me one post game on field interview other than that one where a player acts like that

He does it at any chance he gets.....

But hey, if you like that behavior, that is your right.

I like players who aren't robots. Rich can get out of hand at times but most of the time he's just being himself, and if I recall correctly most of the people on this board were all on his jock when he came out and said he thought Andrew was the best QB in the NFL lol. People's perspectives change when they hear something they don't want to hear.

You dont need guys like that....he's just low class...time to cut it out

No, he's not "low class". Jeez, have you seen what else is out there?

He was just back to his normal self on the post-game show. I have to assume that they grabbed him and stuck a microphone in front of him at the worst possible time. That's as much the producers fault as anyone. He looked like he wanted to bite someone, why would you put him on tv?

See look. Now he is fine. I'm telling you he was just responding to Crabtree, and had a huge adrenaline rush. Overreaction at it's best. 

He is very intelligent when he's calm..and its acceptable to brag on yourself,,,,

.....but don't bad mouth other players in post game.....

/////No maturity, no class

Please find me one post game on field interview other than that one where a player acts like that

I'll raise you one...remember Jim Mora? The coach that said his team was crap and said playoffs was out of the question? If a guy can criticize his own team then there's nothing wrong with calling out a player for trash talk lol. There are plenty of situations where players have spoken their minds after the game. Not everyone has to be PC in order to do it right though.

I like players who aren't robots. Rich can get out of hand at times but most of the time he's just being himself, and if I recall correctly most of the people on this board were all on his jock when he came out and said he thought Andrew was the best QB in the NFL lol. People's perspectives change when they hear something they don't want to hear.

That's gangster....

......and that may be himself....but its a punk act

............He's drawn a lot of down talk here.......because he disrespects the game

I'll raise you one...remember Jim Mora? The coach that said his team was crap and said playoffs was out of the question? If a guy can criticize his own team then there's nothing wrong with calling out a player for trash talk lol. There are plenty of situations where players have spoken their minds after the game. Not everyone has to be PC in order to do it right though.

Excellent example. Mora was fired following that season