Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your (Our) Feelings

a06cc

What was the worst thing you've heard about the Colts so far as a fan. I would like to know how some of you have reacted to it?. For me my grandmother called me asked what was happening to the Colts. Only thing I could say was our team was hurt and Peyton isn't playing lol. I'd like to know what was some of the things you heard about our team.

Everyone at work knows I'm a Colts fan. I had to go to work right after the 62-7 loss and at the meeting the managers pointed me out and said "Why don't we ask Robyn how badly her team was beaten tonight. Tell us what the score was..."

Other than that I hear the usual "suck for L***" stuff and what's happened to the Colts this year?

Everyone at work knows I'm a Colts fan. I had to go to work right after the 62-7 loss and at the meeting the managers pointed me out and said "Why don't we ask Robyn how badly her team was beaten tonight. Tell us what the score was..."

Other than that I hear the usual "suck for L***" stuff and what's happened to the Colts this year?

NM_Colts If I was in your position I think that the thing to do would be to stand up at that meeting and quote those people the words to Dido's song White Flag

"I know you think that I shouldn't still love you (them) or tell you that

But If i didn't say it well I still still have felt it what's the sense in that?

I promise I not trying to make you life harder OR RETURN TO WHERE WE WERE

But I will go down with this ship and I won't put my hands up and surrender

There will be no white flag above my door I'm in love and always will be."

And for any other Colts fans I can only say that my own philosophy is to embrace the almost unbearable pain that I am feeling about the Colts right now because it tells me how deep my love of Colts blue is and I pity people who don't feel deeply about things (that's no way to live....without passion).

Edited by basketballsteve

I've heard us being compared to Spygate for "tanking". My heart sank to be compared to that. Hope we win soon.

Anyone that thinks It's possible to get 53 millionaires to jeopardize their careers for a teams future without them is an ........ I D I O T!

Mostly I just get teased for wearing my gear, but that don't bother me none. Thats just the price you pay for being a fan.

Edited by ruksak

What was the worst thing you've heard about the Colts so far as a fan. I would like to know how some of you have reacted to it?. For me my grandmother called me asked what was happening to the Colts. Only thing I could say was our team was hurt and Peyton isn't playing lol. I'd like to know what was some of the things you heard about our team.

The worst thing I've heard is that Bill Polian has confidence in Jim Caldwell and the coaching staff. They are killing the Colts. This is not to say that there aren't issues with the players ... but that is an "derived" problem. If and when Peyton comes back, that problem will still be there, and the team will suffer for it.

that's no way to live....without passion.

That about says it all when it comes to the COLTS.

You got it. Be passionate about 'em. That means raisin' the roof at all times (on defense only), and includes getting * with Caldwell when it's bad, and rubbing it in on our local Miami and Chicago fans every chance we get. I drive my tailgate van around town any time I'm running errands, and people hooonk when we're winning, and just kinda toot, toot when we're losing. It's funny, you can tell the difference in the horn-honking...

Fortunately, for me, I live in Indy and can share my misery with the other 839,489 or so local fans. For the most part, people have been, if not humble, accepting. We all knew this day would come. There are a few displaced fans of other teams that take great pride in ribbing Colts fans. We just smile and point to the all the banners hanging from the rafters of Lucas Oil Stadium and remind them that, once #18 is back and we've used our (very) high draft pick on some top notch talent, we'll resume the domination we've all come to know and love!

Walked into a Best Buy with a Colts T-shirt on and had an employee ask me if he could help me find anything, "like a new team to cheer for". "Not anymore" was my response and I left the store and got what I needed at Office Depot. My only regret was not going to the jerk"s boss about his brilliant customer service skills.

Everyone at my job leaves me alone about how bad they are right now... Today, I'm rocking my Colts coaches polo and my custom made blue/white Adidas, and I've heard 3 "GO COLTS" so far. I think everyone I work with (that knows anything about football) knows next year our Colts will return to greatness, and I will happily feed them heaping piles of...crow? The last decade of greatness, earns me a little leeway. If they are in bad shape next year ( :tears: ), I bet the humiliation will begin...

(first time poster, long time fan here)

I am a teacher in CA moved here from Muncie a few years ago,

every monday morning my students are relentless...

It's rough having 14 & 15 year olds turning the ole dagger of defeat non-stop, especially from Charger fans ...

It's getting to the point some of them are gonna start getting detention....

(first time poster, long time fan here)

I am a teacher in CA moved here from Muncie a few years ago,

every monday morning my students are relentless...

It's rough having 14 & 15 year olds turning the ole dagger of defeat non-stop, especially from Charger fans ...

It's getting to the point some of them are gonna start getting detention....

I am a teacher too, so I hear stuff from students. But, being in Louisville the Colts are very popular. (Not as much this year, of course)

I don't mind, I am rocking a Colts hoodie today!

The worst thing I've heard about the Colts is that we're giving 100% effort..

..and we're 0-7 coming off a 62-7 loss.....

Walked into a Best Buy with a Colts T-shirt on and had an employee ask me if he could help me find anything, "like a new team to cheer for". "Not anymore" was my response and I left the store and got what I needed at Office Depot. My only regret was not going to the jerk"s boss about his brilliant customer service skills.

Oh come on man, you got to admit that was pretty funny! :lol: Now he probably thinks Colts fans are stiffs. (joking) I would have laughed it off personally and came back with something like, "no thanks I'm a die hard" and then asked him who his team was and gone from there.

Edited by Coltsman1788

Buddy of mine (Pats fan) told me he feels like they look as if they want everyone to feel sorry for them because Peyton's out. In other words, they've completely given up. I agree to a large extent.

Yeah they did kind of look this way. Wayne sitting on the sidelines with head hangin down looking like he was searching for the meaning of life. Freeney & Mathis staring off into the void. Peyton looking ticked off at mistake after mistake made in his absence. Though I was glad to see him incensed at what was transpiring...at least someone on that sideline was. We know that they will get no sympathy from teams/fans around the league or the media so they will have to just suck it up and find the resolve to keep grinding.

Edited by Coltsman1788

I think what annoys me the most is when friends that youve been boasting to for all those years, start to tell you your team sucks and you cant say nothing because they really do... i hate that feeling.

No snappy comeback for that. Other than to say that you've been a fan of one of the most successful franchises in sports history for the last ten+ years. Few fanbases have been as fortunate as us for such a duration.

Fortunately....I work at a military base in SoCal with mostly Charger fans and a mish-mash of fans of the rest of the NFL.

But since the Chargers have vomitted any and every chance they've ever had at a Super Bowl and didn't even make the playoffs last year...I am somewhat innoculated against their smack talk.

The only one's really cackling these days are the handful of Packers fans....and like their team, they rip on everyone.

"What's wrong with YOUR Colts"???? I get sick of hearing that at work. My response is simple...What, making the playoffs every year for the last 9-10 years not good enough for you????? Then I just say HOW BOUT THEM CUBBIES!!! (Which also hurts as I am a closet Cub fan).

No snappy comeback for that. Other than to say that you've been a fan of one of the most successful franchises in sports history for the last ten+ years. Few fanbases have been as fortunate as us for such a duration.

Ehh that can maybe work once or twice... after that you just have to take it lol

Ehh that can maybe work once or twice... after that you just have to take it lol

I can only imagine what you're going through. I live in Indianapolis and I'm getting devoured. I've encountered many a fair weather fan, and they'll straight up tell ya they're fair weather fans.....and I'm the one thats supposed to feel silly cuz I have a horseshoe on my hat.

To be honest I just laugh it off when someone rips them. They deserve the ripping. I normally just say '0-16' or 'Suckin' for Luck'. Seriously at this point I'm rooting for 0-16. There's nothing cool about going 2-14, but to lose every single game, that's called dedication to sucking. Pretty much for me it's anything to get an overhaul in coaching and to maybe get rid of Bill.

Okay we live in south fla. All I hear is suck for luck..

finally we have the same record as Miami.. Doesnt make me feel any better. I still wear my colts shirts but come sunday the passion I have to watch the colts play isnt the same. We havent missed watching a game yet but for the first time ever- I turned the TV off at half time this past week..

The worst for me is the "just get Manning back and everything is fine" comments. Sure we've enjoyed a nice era with Manning and might be able to go somewhere with him over the next several seasons if he returns, but this team has been collectively built on sand. I'd rather have the kind of foundation that enables a team to be consistently competitive spanning five decades regardless of trends (e.g. PITT with the under-center likes of Brister, Tomczak, Stewart and O'Donnel sandwiched between the Bradshaw and Big Ben years). The gimme gimme now instant gratification mindset is exactly what will drive this organization into the ground. It's no wonder Jim Irsay holds PITT in such high regard.....because they have what we do not and are the league's gold standard. I like the way things started trending for the Colts this past offseason though - encouraging.