Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Note Coach Reid

Jim H.

Karma.  'Nuff said.

Don't understand what this guy did wrong to desearve to have half his team get injured and then lose a close game they played very well in...but ok...I'll bite...what did he do?? Ruin Pittsburgh's chance of getting in????? Because almost every team had a chance to win last week and LOST...much less 7 or 8 games the whole season so I don't get it.

Nobody is rubbing it in, Coach Reid did a nice job, but he's ironically like Marty Shottenheimer, who can't win the big game. You have to admit, his clock management stunk down the stretch. Great win by the Colts, but if you were a KC fan, you couldn't like the way the season ended on a big downslide in the regular season, and a total 28 point collapse in a playoff game. KC fans will be heading down to Florida with me for spring training now. 

Nobody is rubbing it in, Coach Reid did a nice job, but he's ironically like Marty Shottenheimer, who can't win the big game. You have to admit, his clock management stunk down the stretch. Great win by the Colts, but if you were a KC fan, you couldn't like the way the season ended on a big downslide in the regular season, and a total 28 point collapse in a playoff game. KC fans will be heading down to Florida with me for spring training now. 

This team earned the #1 pick last year and you're blaming the guy who helped them overachieve the first 9 weeks and led them to an 11-5 record and a playoff berth?  He did the same thing we did last year, except he did it without Andrew Luck.

I'm not saying he called a great game, I just don't see the point of regaling in their misery. It doesn't do anything for me, or make the win more sweet.

And the OP never said what he meant by 'karma'. What did Reid do? He was fired in Philly, it's not like he left them high and dry.

I think he means karma for obviously throwing the SD game last week to let them in the playoffs. 

Just more andy reid being andy reid. He's the second most overrated coach in the league, second only to mike shanahan. His problem is when something isn't working, he doesn't change it. He doesn't deviate. He keeps doing whatever it is that isn't working and just hopes it will magically start to work. 

When Charles went out last night they started playing some incredibly bland football offensively. 

This team earned the #1 pick last year and you're blaming the guy who helped them overachieve the first 9 weeks and led them to an 11-5 record and a playoff berth?  He did the same thing we did last year, except he did it without Andrew Luck.

I'm not saying he didn't do a good job, I'm saying now you know why Philly fired him. He did great there also, but they have no Super Bowls to show for it during all those years. However, his time management , and ill use of timeouts has to be looked at during this last game. I watch John Harbaugh make similar gaffes with clock management and also point it out. It is fair criticism. 

Now now... Kansas City led the league in pro bowlers last season. He took over an incredible defense, one of the best running backs in the league (who also just happens to be suited perfectly to his style) and had a pro bowl caliber WR. The only thing reid really did was bring Alex Smith in. 

In my opinion, the turnaround is less a testament to what reid did this season, but more what the previous coaching regeme(s) didn't do. 

The Chiefs were already a good team last season.Awful QB play and awful coaching held them back. He's better than previous coaches, but I don't think he's "the answer" either.

Don't understand what this guy did wrong to desearve to have half his team get injured and then lose a close game they played very well in...but ok...I'll bite...what did he do?? Ruin Pittsburgh's chance of getting in????? Because almost every team had a chance to win last week and LOST...much less 7 or 8 games the whole season so I don't get it.

Michael Vick.  That is all.

Now you know why Philly fired Reid. Can't win the big game. Didn't run the ball enough with the lead, wasted time-outs, one after the two minute warning. 

They definitely should have run the ball more, even before Knile Davis got hurt. 

But I get why he used his timeouts the way he did. His team's best chance of winning was to convert. He went all in on that drive, trying to get the first down. If they didn't, in all likelihood, the game was over anyways. Even if they force a three and out on defense, they get the ball back with something like 30 seconds left and a full field to go. He did all he could to get his team in a good situation to pick up the first down, and they almost did. Ideally, they shouldn't have had to use two timeouts + 2 minute warning right there like that, but I don't think the timeouts were wasted or misused. 

LOL this thread is funny.  I think the OP is trying to be profound but it's getting lost in the minimalist approach.

Are you saying that it is Andy Reid's fault that Michael Vick fought dogs?  Are you saying Andy Reid should have sent Michael Vick and Christmas card?  Are you saying Andy Reid shouldn't have started Michael Vick because he fought dogs?  Or maybe you are saying that Andy Reid shouldn't have jerked with Michael Vick as the starter last year?

Huh? What? I applaud Andy Reid & Tony Dungy for giving Michael Vick a second chance in society. I certainly do not condone dog cruelty or harming any animal or person provided that they are not trying to injure or kill someone I love or a trusted friend. Look, I can appreciate why a devoted dog lover might not be able to forgive Michael Vick deep down in their heart. I can understand that. 

But how do Michael's Vick's actions as a grown man reflect poorly on Andy Reid's decision to make Vick the starting franchise QB in Philadelphia? You lost me on that one Jim H. Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion naturally. 

American is the land of 2nd chances sir & if SW1 messes up & does something really stupid I hope I am fortunate enough to find a person kind enough like Andy & Tony who believes in me & gives me a 2nd chance at a good life too. 

Also, the other reason why I am grateful to Andy Reid & Tony Dungy is that they saved the soul of Michael Vick. Do you have any idea how many African American males drown in the industrial for profit prison system?

Too many to count & as an ex con very few employers give you a fair shake & a chance to get back on your feet again not to mention feel like a member of society that truly matters & feel valuable not like a piece of elephant dung. As a disabled man myself, I know all about unfounded stereotypes & discrimination on the employment front all too well.   

I am not trying to lecture anyone & I certainly do not possess all the answers, but 1 mistake should never ruin a man's life unless you are a serial killer, child molester, or assault women violently for kicks. JMO. 

I think he means karma for obviously throwing the SD game last week to let them in the playoffs. 

The OP did a poor job of explaining himself. Apparently that's not what he meant, but at least you had an idea.

I don't know why people make threads or even respond if they can't bother to explain what they're trying to say?

I wish I had the power to close this thread.  Say what you want about Andy Reid as a football coach but he is a decent human being that endured a significant family loss recently.  I'd say this thread is in poor taste.

What, just because you beat KC , you're going to be magnanimous and close the thread ? Nobody said he was a bad guy, and everyone feels bad for his loss, but blowing a game like that opens you up for criticism. You are up 28 points and not running the ball more to kill time , especially with all the injuries ? You use a time out right after the two minute warning? You start the season undefeated , then fade down the stretch and have a historic playoff fold ? Your 0-6 against the better playoff teams on your schedule.

To be fair, he had a nice season. But my point is does KC want to be another Philadelphia, where you have some great regular seasons , but constant playoff disappointments. Your owner Irsay, was apparently tired of this , which is why he fired Polian. However, at least the guy got him one Super Bowl. Maybe Reid will get one for KC one day, but he didn't get one for Philly despite great talent, and this crushing playoff loss does not bode well. It had to be devastating to all Chief fans.

The OP did a poor job of explaining himself. Apparently that's not what he meant, but at least you had an idea.

I don't know why people make threads or even respond if they can't bother to explain what they're trying to say?

Well it's like my thread about the game would have been different had Charles played. I was saying that was likely the cause of our defensive struggles, due to the changes their offense had to make to their gameplan, and people were all "Players get injured all the time" and "It would have been a different game with (insert injured player here) playing."

Having been here for nearly 10 years now, I can safely say comprehension is at an all time low. 

What, just because you beat KC , you're going to be magnanimous and close the thread ? Nobody said he was a bad guy, and everyone feels bad for his loss, but blowing a game like that opens you up for criticism. You are up 28 points and not running the ball more to kill time , especially with all the injuries ? You use a time out right after the two minute warning? You start the season undefeated , then fade down the stretch and have a historic playoff fold ? Your 0-6 against the better playoff teams on your schedule.

To be fair, he had a nice season. But my point is does KC want to be another Philadelphia, where you have some great regular seasons , but constant playoff disappointments. Your owner Irsay, was apparently tired of this , which is why he fired Polian. However, at least the guy got him one Super Bowl. Maybe Reid will get one for KC one day, but he didn't get one for Philly despite great talent, and this crushing playoff loss does not bode well. It had to be devastating to all Chief fans.

I have no idea what you're talking about.  I just thought a thread regarding Andy Reid that started with a post that read: "Karma.  'Nuff said" really didn't contribute much, in terms of meaningful discussion, to a Colts-specific message board.  Call me crazy.  I guess. 

Seriously?? He gave the guy a job? I've employeed many convicted felons and given them second chances and most have proven to be very loyal workers and changed their lives...not all but many...so that makes Andy Reid bad?? I too am lost because that seems to be the worst thought process I've ever heard but to each their own.

I have no idea what you're talking about.  I just thought a thread regarding Andy Reid that started with a post that read: "Karma.  'Nuff said" really didn't contribute much, in terms of meaningful discussion, to a Colts-specific message board.  Call me crazy.  I guess.

It has nothing to do with the Karma , just bad coaching in this playoff game. My comments really don't concern Karma or what happened to him personally. He is a decent coach, but just not a great one. I doubt he will take them to the Super Bowl. That is the point of my comments, as well as explaining why he is no

longer in Philly.