Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent needs to get it together

nerd12

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of the biggest Trent supporters here but he simply doesn't have the speed and burst he once had at Alabama. Idk what happened maybe he bulked up too much but he can't do the things he used to do. If he improves he could be a solid #2 rb but we have to resign Donald Brown, he's the best rb on the roster.

I'm getting kind of tired of the "let's wait till next yr. to see what Richardson has" nonsense. We've seen what he has and it isn't much. He's been here way longer than needed to get comfortable in the system. I don't know why some just can't admit this guy isn't who many thought he was. He maybe better behind a good O-line, but a stud RB..he is not!!!!!!!

My brothers friend got a picture with him. I don't know where it was but I'll find out. Honestly, i hope I'm wrong.

Maybe he couldn't sleep and needed a late night snack (been there).  Getting to bed a 4am isn't so bad if you can sleep until noon :)   What time do players arrive at the stadium for a 4:30 game?

Actually, this does sound bad.  I hope you're wrong about it.

Im sure we will go back to him again in the next game. He really has to toughen up mentally. I am not his supporter or anything but I do believe in not giving up on guys who are hard workers and he is a hard worker. 

I have no idea why he is struggling so badly. 

He needs to just sit. He's pretty much worthless.  Maybe put him in on short yardage but if were gonna stay up tempo that probably won't happen.  I hope an offseason will help him, but an offseason didn't help him in Cleveland so i have my doubts.

He needs to just sit. He's pretty much worthless.  Maybe put him in on short yardage but if were gonna stay up tempo that probably won't happen.  I hope an offseason will help him, but an offseason didn't help him in Cleveland so i have my doubts.

He also changed coaches and was put into different schemes. He's played in 3 schemes in 2 years. Give him the chance to settle into an offense. I believe that next year he'll prove his value.

I'm getting kind of tired of the "let's wait till next yr. to see what Richardson has" nonsense. We've seen what he has and it isn't much. He's been here way longer than needed to get comfortable in the system. I don't know why some just can't admit this guy isn't who many thought he was. He maybe better behind a good O-line, but a stud RB..he is not!!!!!!!

How long did it take Brown, and how many "get rid of Brown" threads: have been posted in the past...now..everyone is on the bandwagon, because finally he is producing consistently...Even now, people are still saying "let Brown go" because Ballard, and Bradshaw (maybe) will be back next year. I'll admit he's played poorly, but Brown played poorly until his back was against the wall and that still took a few years..

Guest TeamLoloJones

I was one of the biggest Trent supporters here but he simply doesn't have the speed and burst he once had at Alabama. Idk what happened maybe he bulked up too much but he can't do the things he used to do. If he improves he could be a solid #2 rb but we have to resign Donald Brown, he's the best rb on the roster.

I don't think Trent will ever be the guy that warrants a 1st round pick...but he is still a solid and well rounded player.  He's going to improve and grow with Luck, Hilton, Ballard, Fleener, Allen, Rogers, Whalen, Brazill, Castonzo.  Our offensive "family" that Grigson has assembled is starting to look like the best nucleus of young players in the NFL.  

How long did it take Brown, and how many "get rid of Brown" threads: have been posted in the past...now..everyone is on the bandwagon, because finally he is producing consistently...Even now, people are still saying "let Brown go" because Ballard, and Bradshaw (maybe) will be back next year. I'll admit he's played poorly, but Brown played poorly until his back was against the wall and that still took a few years..

"How long did it take Brown, and how many "get rid of Brown" threads: have been posted in the past...now..everyone is on the bandwagon, because finally he is producing consistently"

Im all for waiting till next year to see what he can do, I have no problem with that....Not saying that he should not be producing better...Because he should...But I expect he will get better. I dont get the statement above however...Brown produced well for the number of carries he got prior to this year, His rookie year was his lowest ypc average of (3.6)....not good but since then he had two years of 3.9 and and 1 of 4.8 and 1 year of 5.3.....This was only his 2nd year playing in every game

"How long did it take Brown, and how many "get rid of Brown" threads: have been posted in the past...now..everyone is on the bandwagon, because finally he is producing consistently"

Im all for waiting till next year to see what he can do, I have no problem with that....Not saying that he should not be producing better...Because he should...But I expect he will get better. I dont get the statement above however...Brown produced well for the number of carries he got prior to this year, His rookie year was his lowest ypc average of (3.6)....not good but since then he had two years of 3.9 and and 1 of 4.8 and 1 year of 5.3.....This was only his 2nd year playing in every game

Maybe I phrased that wrong..when Ballard came in and took over for Brown, he got the majority of the carries..even though Brown's averages were comparable, he was considered an after thought..He dropped a couple passes and he was crucified by some.He wasn't playing like he did this year after Trent went down..No one gave him a chance, and besides the Jags game (I think) he really didn't show what people were expecting of him. And when he was relegated to 3rd string behind Ballard and Bradshaw..people say get rid of him..etc. He never produced consistently when he started..He had a couple great runs, which skewered his averages a bit..But he up til we got Trent, never looked like a number 1 pick..

I was just trying to say to the post that he does need a lot of work, but he needs to be given at least a full complete training camp and season before we can truly say he's a bust or become what we expect him to be..Not after a partial season, where its his third system in less than 2 years, and his first time touching the ball in a pressure filled playoff game.

Hope that clears that up...

Maybe I phrased that wrong..when Ballard came in and took over for Brown, he got the majority of the carries..even though Brown's averages were comparable, he was considered an after thought..He dropped a couple passes and he was crucified by some.He wasn't playing like he did this year after Trent went down..No one gave him a chance, and besides the Jags game (I think) he really didn't show what people were expecting of him. And when he was relegated to 3rd string behind Ballard and Bradshaw..people say get rid of him..etc. He never produced consistently when he started..He had a couple great runs, which skewered his averages a bit..But he up til we got Trent, never looked like a number 1 pick..

I was just trying to say to the post that he does need a lot of work, but he needs to be given at least a full complete training camp and season before we can truly say he's a bust or become what we expect him to be..Not after a partial season, where its his third system in less than 2 years, and his first time touching the ball in a pressure filled playoff game.

Hope that clears that up...

I agree on all accounts

If we hadn't paid such a significant price to get Trent, he would have been cut weeks ago. If you have ever invested in stocks you know how hard it is to admit you messed up on a significant purchase and to dump it. If I just wait a year, it will come back. Well that's not how it works. Your purchase is only worth what the market says it is worth today and in Trent's case his value can't possibly be worth more than a mid to late round draft pick. So Grigson's options are pretty limited.

We shoulda cut luck after those three picks. Smh

Also: sarcasm

Luck did something to make up for those three picks.  Trent did not do anything after his fumble, honestly he didn't see the field after that other than as a blocker on third down. 

With that said I don't think we should cut Trent either but let's not kid ourselves Trent hasn't done much of anything yet to show he was worth trading a first round pick for while Luck has shown he is worth about five first round picks. 

So using a sarcastic cut Luck because of mistakes to show that people are over reacting over Trent is not completely true.  Yes I agree cutting Trent is an over reaction but people being upset with him is not. 

He's a 2nd year running back and was playing in his first NFL playoff game. I was screaming at my TV and cursing him when he fumbled, especially since he wasn't even touched, but it happens.

Brown fumbled on the goal line too, don't forget. Fortunately Luck was able to bail him out and make the best play I've seen since David Tyree's catch in the Super Bowl.

Plus, we were behind the whole game, so we abandoned the running game pretty quickly, and he was never able to really able to do anything to redeem himself.

what kind of pizza place is open at 4 am

I guess they said they were at hotbox pizza. I'm from Kansas so I'm not sure if that is legitimate. I have the picture but there's no way of telling for sure that it's him. Like i said, i hope I'm wrong but my friend really has no reason to lie about it.

I guess they said they were at hotbox pizza. I'm from Kansas so I'm not sure if that is legitimate. I have the picture but there's no way of telling for sure that it's him. Like i said, i hope I'm wrong but my friend really has no reason to lie about it.

you don't know what trich looks like?

Just a lost season for the guy. I think he'll be much better in 2014.

It's a fumble it happens. The lashing he got on this board after the fumble was ridiculous

Trent just needs to get this year under his belt.

So many people just jump all over the guy for having a tough season.  Donald Brown has had so

many rough seasons as a Colt but this year put it all together.  How many are eating crow on him now?

How many will be eating crow if Trent turns out to be a really good runner next season.

Just calm down everyone.  Trent was picked up to run behind a OL that is not even fully here right now - some

of them are on IR at the moment.  Give him a full season before you pass judgement on his career.  Geez...

He's had 2 fumbles in almost 200 touches.  Relax.  Yeah it was untimely, but it's not like all hope is lost.

You would think it was the end of the world earlier. The comments when it happened were ludicrous

Wow...you guys are really over reacting.  Chill-out, give the guys a full training camp and a better run blocking line.  He is not the same type of runner as Donald Brown...Trent is a power-back, that's why they traded for him.  Once we get a better o-line and he gets a full training camp, he will be ok.  Just relax.

All of that! ;)

I am just not a fan of his.  I just don't see 1st round talent in him.  I believe if this was just a 5th round draft pick we would have cut him by now.  I really hope next year showcases what talent he does have.  GO COLTS.  AWESOME GAME TONIGHT!!!!!!

This is why your not a GM. or me

Hotbox is open very late

I guess maybe I did?  if I did, my bad.  I had plenty of celebratory whisky, so it's a possibility, if not likelihood.  lol.

No problem, I always enjoy your posts....well not ALWAYS, I disagree once in a great while but enjoy reading them none the less, your good in my book, Hope New Years and Christmas was good for you

How many people here can admit it?:

You also want the Colts to go as far as possible so Cleveland drafts as low as possible and this TRich trade doesn't look so bad? 

I will say this:  If TRich has a single monster play-off game, he will redeem himself.

Even if we win the SB and it's #32, this trade looks bad. I don't care what happens with the pick at this point; it's not ours anymore, and ideally, we wouldn't have given it up. No changing that.

How many people here can admit it?:

You also want the Colts to go as far as possible so Cleveland drafts as low as possible and this TRich trade doesn't look so bad? 

I will say this:  If TRich has a single monster play-off game, he will redeem himself.

Dont think he will have much of a chance this post season, I expect we come out throwing the ball early and often vs NE