Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Walt Anderson to be Referee on Saturday

bavanlan

Grady and Big Joe had a stat this morning that said Walt Coleman's crew called 39% fewer penalties on the home team (on average) this season vs the visiting team. They were laughing about "who comes up with that stat?" But it is a good point of discussion. Sounds like Coleman might be more influenced by the home crowd....which is good for us.

As for Triplette, looks like Cincy has the win in the bag, lol. A lot of Charger fans aren't too happy about it. I really can't see how his crew graded out high enough to get a playoff game. According to the Grady show, the top 11 crews get playoff assignments, out of 18 crews (16 for regular season games and 2 floating crews in case a ref/official gets sick or can't officiate a game). With Triplette's huge mistakes this season, I am at a loss....

Grady and Big Joe had a stat this morning that said Walt Coleman's crew called 39% fewer penalties on the home team (on average) this season vs the visiting team. They were laughing about "who comes up with that stat?" But it is a good point of discussion. Sounds like Coleman might be more influenced by the home crowd....which is good for us

I don't like this. I just want a fair game from the refs. I never want to win or lose because of a bad call.

Grady and Big Joe had a stat this morning that said Walt Coleman's crew called 39% fewer penalties on the home team (on average) this season vs the visiting team. They were laughing about "who comes up with that stat?" But it is a good point of discussion. Sounds like Coleman might be more influenced by the home crowd....which is good for us.

As for Triplette, looks like Cincy has the win in the bag, lol. A lot of Charger fans aren't too happy about it. I really can't see how his crew graded out high enough to get a playoff game. According to the Grady show, the top 11 crews get playoff assignments, out of 18 crews (16 for regular season games and 2 floating crews in case a ref/official gets sick or can't officiate a game). With Triplette's huge mistakes this season, I am at a loss....

It's true, under Anderson:

39.5% of calls against Home team in 2013

60% win percentage for Home team in 2013

The union went to bat for him.

I read two other articles questioning how he got a playoff game.

It has to be because his crew scored better than those that didn't get playoffs.

I'd love to know how they grade them. I'd hope that when you make a game changing egregious error, especially during replay, you'd get an automatic F for that game. Apparently not.