Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tickets for Saturdays playoff game sold out?

Gavin

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There may be tickets avail and while its disappointing, I can understand why. The Colys have not been consistent all season, they have had some really lackluster games, the coaching at times makes fans scratch their heads, the economy is still sluggish and Christmas just happened so people have bills to pay for and then there is the pacers playing well and those people who had moved over from the Reggie miller winning pacers to the Peyton manning winning colts have moved back to the hot ticket. Many cant do both.

I will say, the last 2 home games were the worst energized home game wins I have seen in years. This team just lacks the excitement for some reason that they had back in the manning days. I think if the new colts win, they will come but I think the avg fan doesn't trust spending their money on a product they aren't sold on yet. Show me!!!

Fans shouldn't expect the Colts to be like the Manning era Colts with high scoring exciting offense. Grigs, Pagano, and Irsay want us built more in the mold of the previous yrs Ravens, Seahawks, and so on. So if that's what's the fans are looking for then they need to realize it won't happen.

These Colts are very exciting to watch!  Green Bay game last year?  Broncos, Seahawks, Chiefs, 49rs, Houston (1st game) this year?  How can you say this team isnt exciting?  I think it is more the economy is still struggling and people just spent a bunch of money on Christmas stuff. 

I think it is because of all the ups and downs that this team is so exciting.  Its a young team that is still trying to figure out its identity. 

The tickets will sell.

These Colts are very exciting to watch! Green Bay game last year? Broncos, Seahawks, Chiefs, 49rs, Houston (1st game) this year? How can you say this team isnt exciting? I think it is more the economy is still struggling and people just spent a bunch of money on Christmas stuff.

I think it is because of all the ups and downs that this team is so exciting. Its a young team that is still trying to figure out its identity.

The tickets will sell.

Quite honestly some fans want established teams and find that more exciting than those who enjoy watching the kids grow up and ball. Everyone has their view of exciting and what moves them to the game so the up and down inconsistent play does not excite me, watching a well coached and well played game does. We haven't had that all year long. I will be there, I have my season tix since around the 95 year so I'm well tested with ups and downs but this year just hasn't had the same feeling of excitement inside the stadium.

When they did the sound check from fans in the upper and lower parts of the stadium, wasn't even close. Upper killed the lazy hand sitters on the bottom. I'm in the lowers and its embarrassing to see our section just sit. To each their own I guess.

Quite honestly some fans want established teams and find that more exciting than those who enjoy watching the kids grow up and ball. Everyone has their view of exciting and what moves them to the game so the up and down inconsistent play does not excite me, watching a well coached and well played game does. We haven't had that all year long. I will be there, I have my season tix since around the 95 year so I'm well tested with ups and downs but this year just hasn't had the same feeling of excitement inside the stadium.

When they did the sound check from fans in the upper and lower parts of the stadium, wasn't even close. Upper killed the lazy hand sitters on the bottom. I'm in the lowers and its embarrassing to see our section just sit. To each their own I guess.

I've got tix in CLUB I for this game and I will be screaming my head off, just in case anyone in this section doesn't like this kind of thing, they should probably sell their tix on stubhub.

FYI- The Colts are well coached. They were the least penalized team in the league and comitted the fewest turnovers.  They also won 11 games despite all the  season ending injuries.

Honestly, I do not think Christmas / Economy cant really be used as an excuse (unless your in a situation where your about to loose assets). Mostly, its more lack of or failure to plan.

Playoff tickets and Season Tickets are purchased at the same time every year. More than enough time to save the money.  I look at my season ticket cost, plus potential play off cost and tailgating expenses and set back X amount of out each paycheck over the year and when it comes time to pay the invoice, the money is there and I do not have to worry about the expense.

There does seem to be a LOT of playoff tickets available, but I don't see our first home playoff game since the 2010 season getting blacked out.

There may be tickets avail and while its disappointing, I can understand why. The Colys have not been consistent all season, they have had some really lackluster games, the coaching at times makes fans scratch their heads, the economy is still sluggish and Christmas just happened so people have bills to pay for and then there is the pacers playing well and those people who had moved over from the Reggie miller winning pacers to the Peyton manning winning colts have moved back to the hot ticket. Many cant do both.

I will say, the last 2 home games were the worst energized home game wins I have seen in years. This team just lacks the excitement for some reason that they had back in the manning days. I think if the new colts win, they will come but I think the avg fan doesn't trust spending their money on a product they aren't sold on yet. Show me!!!

What a bunch of horse manure

I've got tix in CLUB I for this game and I will be screaming my head off, just in case anyone in this section doesn't like this kind of thing, they should probably sell their tix on stubhub.

Make that 5,998 tickets left, the wife and I will be sitting just above club and we'll be BRINGING THE NOISE!!!!!!!!!!

Is capitalizing club supposed to impress? I appreciate all the help I can get in the lower section cause it was embarrassing the past 2 home games perhaps all the kids won't be given the tickets and the adults can come and get loud and act like the kids we are.

FYI- The Colts are well coached. They were the least penalized team in the league and comitted the fewest turnovers. They also won 11 games despite all the season ending injuries.

The coaching has made some good gaffs and the coordinators have had some lackluster game plans off and on throughout the season. Young staff getting acclimated to the way an NFL team is run with a pretty young team and we have all seen improvement with them over the season so there is hope some stuff gets cleaned up. The fact they are not a penalized team is an amazing feat though and 11 wins really is nice but we kinda were given 6 wins just being in our division :)

Honestly, I do not think Christmas / Economy cant really be used as an excuse (unless your in a situation where your about to loose assets). Mostly, its more lack of or failure to plan.

Playoff tickets and Season Tickets are purchased at the same time every year. More than enough time to save the money. I look at my season ticket cost, plus potential play off cost and tailgating expenses and set back X amount of out each paycheck over the year and when it comes time to pay the invoice, the money is there and I do not have to worry about the expense.

There does seem to be a LOT of playoff tickets available, but I don't see our first home playoff game since the 2010 season getting blacked out.

Not everyone is able to think like this though and they just go if they can make it work when it gets here. Btw, economy is still soft so consider yourself blessed if you have the means to do so, not everyone has that. I'm thankfull for a good job and the means to go to games and stuff.

Is capitalizing club supposed to impress? I appreciate all the help I can get in the lower section cause it was embarrassing the past 2 home games perhaps all the kids won't be given the tickets and the adults can come and get loud and act like the kids we are.

I thought it was pretty loud....especially since it was the jaguars. Louder than those die hard, crazy Steelers fans a few weeks ago vs the Bengals when there were thousands of empty seats.

Zero chance of a blackout

Agreed.  Either they will sell out or get it down close enough for someone like WTHR to step up and buy what's left so they can air the game. 

This is the down side to not knowing the playoff situation till the week of the playoffs (speaking to the fact the Bengals and Packers aren't sold out yet too) people wait to see what's going to happen, IE will you be in or not or will you be playing this weekend or next in terms of a bye, to buy tickets. 

Agreed.  Either they will sell out or get it down close enough for someone like WTHR to step up and buy what's left so they can air the game. 

This is the down side to not knowing the playoff situation till the week of the playoffs (speaking to the fact the Bengals and Packers aren't sold out yet too) people wait to see what's going to happen, IE will you be in or not or will you be playing this weekend or next in terms of a bye, to buy tickets.

They also make season ticket holders buy for the 2nd round of the playoffs, which can't help.

They also make season ticket holders buy for the 2nd round of the playoffs, which can't help.

Yep add in the fact IU has a home game and the Pacers have a home game during the Colts game that people probably have had tickets to before they knew the Colts were even going to be in the playoffs and the fact that they have the fewest available compared to the Packers who have willed season tickets and the Bengals who haven't had a home playoff game since 2005 I think and I think it's speaks more to how much Indianapolis loves their Colts.

Packers still have 15,000 tickets left.

Bengals still have 10,000 tickets left.

Heard we're at about 6,000 left now.

That's a bit weird...the Bengals should be sold out as they are expected to win and go deeper into the playoffs.

Colts and Packers are iffy...the Packers expect to be one-and-done vs the 49ers...the Colts could easily be one-and-done against a rested deep K.C. squad who will be making adjustments, like rushing/blitzing Luck for the whole game.

That's a bit weird...the Bengals should be sold out as they are expected to win and go deeper into the playoffs.

Colts and Packers are iffy...the Packers expect to be one-and-done vs the 49ers...the Colts could easily be one-and-done against a rested deep K.C. squad who will be making adjustments, like rushing/blitzing Luck for the whole game.

Do you ever think the Colts are going to win or do something right or do you just point out the negative?

you know what I was wondering?

The NFL has really made an effort to make sure the games are competitive till the end of the season

And this year, boy it was not decided until half time of the last game of the regular season

Do you suppose that this worked against the teams that need to sell the tickets? I mean.........is the time frame too short?  Just a weeks notice

something to think about anyway

you know what I was wondering?

The NFL has really made an effort to make sure the games are competitive till the end of the season

And this year, boy it was not decided until half time of the last game of the regular season

Do you suppose that this worked against the teams that need to sell the tickets? I mean.........is the time frame too short?  Just a weeks notice

something to think about anyway

I think that's a factor, same with greed (making people buy more than one game at a time), ignoring other things going on in or around town when they schedule games (the IU and Pacers games that conflict with the Colts game), and probably the factor they know if they get close to enough tickets sold someone will step up and buy what's left just to get the game on TV. 

Local station interviewed a man that waited in line this morning to buy ticket. He said the only ones available stunk and he would rather watch it at home. Let's face it, if you have nosebleeds you are paying to watch the game on a jumbo tron.