Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jon Gruden

Rob Lowe

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a grumor that Jon Gruden is finally wanting back in the game and has been quoted as saying he'd like to coach Luck and the Colts, Kirk Cousins, or Geno Smith. Would you want Gruden to replace Pagamo?

I think he's a great coach, but Pagano is 22-10 in his first 2 seasons here, no reason to replace him. Dallas could be dangerous with him, if he's interested in going there

No Gruden. What has he done that makes him so special?

Well he did build the Raiders into a NFL powerhouse he should get credit for that.  With that said I think he's overrated for what he did in Tampa he pretty much cashed in with Dungy's team and then it slowly went down hill as those players got older. 

I heard a grumor that Jon Gruden is finally wanting back in the game and has been quoted as saying he'd like to coach Luck and the Colts, Kirk Cousins, or Geno Smith. Would you want Gruden to replace Pagamo?

Absolutely yes!  Pagano is a nice guy players' friend but won't get us to the SB...we could use a guy like Chuckie, instead of Coach Chuck, to get us up to the next level consistently.  He would also do wonders for Luck's development.

I am all in favor of replacing nice D co-ordinator Pagano with real Head Coach Gruden.

....the difference between a very good team for many years and a perennial contender/SB winner for many years with Gruden.

Absolutely yes! Pagano is a nice guy players' friend but won't get us to the SB...we could use a guy like Chuckie, instead of Coach Chuck, to get us up to the next level consistently. He would also do wonders for Luck's development.

I am all in favor of replacing nice D co-ordinator Pagano with real Head Coach Gruden.

:facepalm:

Well he did build the Raiders into a NFL powerhouse he should get credit for that.  With that said I think he's overrated for what he did in Tampa he pretty much cashed in with Dungy's team and then it slowly went down hill as those players got older. 

I think he cashed in on Dungys team too. The Raiders he can go back there, the black hole. I get tired of hearing all his hype.

I think he cashed in on Dungys team too. The Raiders he can go back there, the black hole. I get tired of hearing all his hype.

I get tired of hearing what a great job he did in Tampa and that's treated like he's Vince Lombardi 2.0  as well but I'll give him credit for what he did with the Raiders.  No one else has come close to that kind of success there since the early 80's. 

Still if these rumors are really rumors I think it's more likely that his camp is floating this like they do most off-seasons to get him a raise at ESPN more than anything else. 

If you are going to troll us at least try to spell our coaches name right ok? It's Pagano.....and he is the boss.

If we are talking about replacing Pags after consecutive years of making the playoffs, I'd hate to see what these boards would do if we missed the playoffs.

or even had a losing streak.  Something we've yet to have under him.  Two years without losing back-to-back games is impressive it's even more impressive when you factor in they were 2-14 and gutted the roster right before he got here.