Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jon Gruden

Rob Lowe

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a grumor that Jon Gruden is finally wanting back in the game and has been quoted as saying he'd like to coach Luck and the Colts, Kirk Cousins, or Geno Smith. Would you want Gruden to replace Pagamo?

I know you like to be the contrarian with some off the wall stuff but try to at least post something close to realistic. This is nonsense.

I heard a grumor that Jon Gruden is finally wanting back in the game and has been quoted as saying he'd like to coach Luck and the Colts, Kirk Cousins, or Geno Smith. Would you want Gruden to replace Pagamo?

Who wouldn't like to coach Luck and the Colts? I'd bet that half the coaches in the NFL would say the same thing, and would jump at the chance. I would also bet that Jim Irsay would laugh his "glutes" off at the suggestion.

Gruden dont get enough credit for being the  HC of a SB winning team (Bucs) and the last HC to coach the Raiders to the playoffs, Part of that is I think many focus on the fact that he has a very demonstrative personality

And people don't like it that he made Dungy look bad

What about Chuckie as an OC?

Why do you even ask?

The man is a HC....   he'll stay in the broadcast booth for the rest of his life before he spends a single day as an offensive coordinator.     He's way, Way, WAY past that.

He's either going to be the HC of an NFL team...  or he might consider being the HC at a special college like Notre Dame (a life long favorite of his) or Texas...     but otherwise....   he'll never be an OC for anyone....

Gruden dont get enough credit for being the HC of a SB winning team (Bucs) and the last HC to coach the Raiders to the playoffs, Part of that is I think many focus on the fact that he has a very demonstrative personality

Pretty sure Bill Callahan took the raiders to the playoffs after gruden

II heard a grumor that Jon Gruden is finally wanting back in the game and has been quoted as saying he'd like to coach Luck and the Colts, Kirk Cousins, or Geno Smith. Would you want Gruden to replace Pagamo?

I guess you don't think the believe message that Pagano is preaching is important and neither is continuity with our young players? It seems to stand out to me that there is a lot of unselfish play on Chuck's team. Player are in/out up/ down in the depth chart but even those whom are demoted T-Rich DHB seem to keep on playing hard with a good attitude. The Colts may lead the league in fewest penalty yards and in fewest turnovers. Aren't all these things signs that the Colts are a well coached team? If we go out in the playoffs I think it will be due to a lack of talent in the o-line and the loss of Allen Reggie. If we had Allen Reggie I think we would be very tough. I don't think you replace a coach unless he doesn't have the locker room in control, doesn't have an adequate scheme, or the talent severely underperforms.

I guess you don't think the believe message that Pagano is preaching is important and neither is continuity with our young players? It seems to stand out to me that there is a lot of unselfish play on Chuck's team. Player are in/out up/ down in the depth chart but even those whom are demoted T-Rich DHB seem to keep on playing hard with a good attitude. The Colts may lead the league in fewest penalty yards and in fewest turnovers. Aren't all these things signs that the Colts are a well coached team? If we go out in the playoffs I think it will be due to a lack of talent in the o-line and the loss of Allen Reggie. If we had Allen Reggie I think we would be very tough. I don't think you replace a coach unless he doesn't have the locker room in control, doesn't have an adequate scheme, or the talent severely underperforms.

So you want Gruden? *

No. That'll never happen.

Absolutely yes!  Pagano is a nice guy players' friend but won't get us to the SB...we could use a guy like Chuckie, instead of Coach Chuck, to get us up to the next level consistently.  He would also do wonders for Luck's development.

I am all in favor of replacing nice D co-ordinator Pagano with real Head Coach Gruden.

....the difference between a very good team for many years and a perennial contender/SB winner for many years with Gruden.

I'm gonna chalk this up as Canadian humor.

Absolutely yes!  Pagano is a nice guy players' friend but won't get us to the SB...we could use a guy like Chuckie, instead of Coach Chuck, to get us up to the next level consistently.  He would also do wonders for Luck's development.

I am all in favor of replacing nice D co-ordinator Pagano with real Head Coach Gruden.

....the difference between a very good team for many years and a perennial contender/SB winner for many years with Gruden.

The first time we lost a game,you would be hateing on Gruden too