Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TRENT TRADE

OLD FAN MAN

2005 29 Marlin Jackson CB Michigan   2006 30 Joseph Addai RB Louisiana State   2007 32 Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio State   2008 No Pick — — [18]2009 27 Donald Brown RB Connecticut   2010 31 Jerry Hughes DE Texas Christian   2011 22 Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College   2012 1 * Andrew Luck QB Stanford   2013 24 Björn Werner OLB Florida State

Draft picks are available in rounds 2-7 also, one first round pick wont kill us IMHO. Maybe TRich can be like reggie bush on an accelerated scale, with added durability.

how long did it take most of these named above to be good at their position?and what about the ones who never made it? ugho, roy hall,etc.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2005 29 Marlin Jackson CB Michigan   2006 30 Joseph Addai RB Louisiana State   2007 32 Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio State   2008 No Pick — — [18]2009 27 Donald Brown RB Connecticut   2010 31 Jerry Hughes DE Texas Christian   2011 22 Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College   2012 1 * Andrew Luck QB Stanford   2013 24 Björn Werner OLB Florida State

Draft picks are available in rounds 2-7 also, one first round pick wont kill us IMHO. Maybe TRich can be like reggie bush on an accelerated scale, with added durability.

The original poster didn't say first round draft picks.    He only said "draft picks"     To me, that means all rounds.

And if you look at his follow-up e-mail to me...   he pretty much confirms that.

Besides,  the highest rate of success if the first round.   With each passing round the percentage of success for players taken in that round drops....

Just the way it is.....

Me?   I like building through the draft, and supplementing with free agents...    I'm willing to make a trade for a targeted need,  but you had better be careful it doesn't come back to bite you the way our trade for TR has....

And for the record,  I supported the trade at the time (though only slightly...)

The original poster didn't say first round draft picks.    He only said "draft picks"     To me, that means all rounds.

And if you look at his follow-up e-mail to me...   he pretty much confirms that.

Besides,  the highest rate of success if the first round.   With each passing round the percentage of success for players taken in that round drops....

Just the way it is.....

Me?   I like building through the draft, and supplementing with free agents...    I'm willing to make a trade for a targeted need,  but you had better be careful it doesn't come back to bite you the way our trade for TR has....

And for the record,  I supported the trade at the time (though only slightly...)

I believe in building through the draft as well, just saying we gave up a 1 for TRich, if you nail a few picks in the  later rounds you are still building through the draft. Being a top pick only guarantee more cash for unproven players.

You'll talking about the 2-12 Texans Defense.

Total points allowed don't reflect it , but they rank 4th in the NFL in yards allowed per game. I also think some of the high point total can be attributed to the offense , but no question their red zone D has been poor.

The trade was horrendous. You do not trade first round picks, especially for a running back!

Draft picks are gold. The draft is the main way you improve your team. Rookies cost less than veterans and depth is crucial to make it to the playoffs.

We will miss out not only on the possibly great players we could have gotten with our first round pick, but any other picks we could have gotten by trading down instead.

It was a STUPID, IGNORANT, WORTHLESS trade! If Grigson makes another bonehead decision like that he may be watching the Colts from home instead of as a GM.

I think Trent looked good today.  He seems to be slowly getting more confident.  I think he will be much better next year, even though the kid has whiffed a few blocks, he's still overall a good blocker and can catch really well. He just needs to progress with regards to the rushing aspect of his game. 

Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this year.  It always help to see improvement. 

agree, he looked really good.  he's only been with us a few games.  next year he will be a monster with a much improved O-LINE.  I see some Marshall Faulk in this guy, I really do.

The trade was horrendous. You do not trade first round picks, especially for a running back!

Draft picks are gold. The draft is the main way you improve your team. Rookies cost less than veterans and depth is crucial to make it to the playoffs.

We will miss out not only on the possibly great players we could have gotten with our first round pick, but any other picks we could have gotten by trading down instead.

It was a STUPID, IGNORANT, WORTHLESS trade! If Grigson makes another bonehead decision like that he may be watching the Colts from home instead of as a GM.

Says the guy who actually is watching the Colts from home instead of as a GM.

Says the guy who actually is watching the Colts from home instead of as a GM.

I have every right to criticize what the GM does. It only takes one bad move to set a franchise back. Grigson has had a poor season. There is no way to predict injuries, but the bulk of his free agent signings and draft picks have not panned out. Luck is taking an absolute beating this season. Trading away your draft picks every year is not how you get better.

I have every right to criticize what the GM does. It only takes one bad move to set a franchise back. Grigson has had a poor season. There is no way to predict injuries, but the bulk of his free agent signings and draft picks have not panned out. Luck is taking an absolute beating this season. Trading away your draft picks every year is not how you get better.

Did I say you have no right to criticize? Funny I don't see that in the post you quoted. Strange...........

Point being if you knew the absolute 100%, without any kind of doubt, correct move to make every time for this team, you wouldn't be sitting around not being a GM.

With the 2014 1st round pick the Indianapolis Colts select, Trent Richardson, running back from Alabama.

I really liked his play this week even when hit at or behind the line on the short yardage plays he pushed forward for 1st downs hit the holes and got positive yards and that shovel pass TD was a thing of beauty . Seems like he's starting to get the system still needs to work on a few things but overall he's starting to show why we traded a 1st rounder for him .  

well then i am so glad we wasted a 1st round draft pick on a player who sits on the bench......Hughes, Werner and now Richardson

Werner and Richardson were on the bench last game? Who the heck were those guys wearing their jerseys doing all that positive stuff then!?!?!

It's done. It happened. Are we going to have to endure posts whining about the trade for years to come and what "could have been" with whoever the Browns whiff on this next year? Your GM skills in Madden 25 might not translate to the real world, so just relax and let it be. If it's a mistake, fine. Colts aren't the first or the last to make a mistake. If you need to feel better about it, look at the price tag on the RG3rd String trade. It's all relative. 

I think draft picks are overrated as well, but honestly, I think this game is showing how far we are reaching to say TRich is even being to show it was worth the trade. 19 carries for 64 yds at 3.4 ypc vs. a defense that gives up 4.2 ypc on average. Donald Brown and Tashard Choice combined for 5.6 ypc. And 38 yds receiving certainly is not a break out game. Still waiting, but hoping he proves me wrong so badly. 

One great game from these two player you guys forget about the other crappy games from weeks past....Werner should or could produce more is the colts weren't stupid enough to sign Erik walden. This is the same guy who got suspended for a game for head butting and also gave up the long touchdown run last year. Richardson guy carry for 2.6 Yards . Then people show up and says he look like colt Rob player from the past or from other teams. Well he is not he is TR and right now he plays like crap. People blame the online. Then how come brown is producing more...... Then people say he ddoesn't know the play book yet it new to him it been three months since he got here.

Boy, some of you fans (I use that term loosely) are unbelievable. I come to this forum for info and news and 50% or more is complaining and taking cheap shots at the players. Jim Brown or Gayle Sayers couldn't gain 3 yds a carry with no holes to run through but some just pound on the players unmercifully. Rogers drops a very easily catchable ball and no one says a word which is good. If DHB would have dropped it he would have been crucified, but he and TR and a few others seem to be the wiping boys for some and they don't give up.

We won a game and played well but some discredit it do to an inferior opponent (our division rival who won the division the last two years). I thought TR played a damn good game and played very hard. What will it take to please some? I guess at this time I could care less.

One great game from these two player you guys forget about the other crappy games from weeks past....Werner should or could produce more is the colts weren't stupid enough to sign Erik walden. This is the same guy who got suspended for a game for head butting and also gave up the long touchdown run last year. Richardson guy carry for 2.6 Yards . Then people show up and says he look like colt Rob player from the past or from other teams. Well he is not he is TR and right now he plays like crap. People blame the online. Then how come brown is producing more...... Then people say he ddoesn't know the play book yet it new to him it been three months since he got here.

Wow, sometimes I really wonder.

First off, who even knew we'd draft Werner. Second, he was a DE in college moving to the olb spot in a 3/4. Big difference. You don't thrust a rookie into that roll.

Not even going to touch on the Trent comments cause with your nonsense I'm not sure if you're 15 or just flat out clueless.

Boy, some of you fans (I use that term loosely) are unbelievable. I come to this forum for info and news and 50% or more is complaining and taking cheap shots at the players. Jim Brown or Gayle Sayers couldn't gain 3 yds a carry with no holes to run through but some just pound on the players unmercifully. Rogers drops a very easily catchable ball and no one says a word which is good. If DHB would have dropped it he would have been crucified, but he and TR and a few others seem to be the wiping boys for some and they don't give up.

We won a game and played well but some discredit it do to an inferior opponent (our division rival who won the division the last two years). I thought TR played a damn good game and played very hard. What will it take to please some? I guess at this time I could care less.

TY dropped a few balls and no one makes a peep either.

tumblr_mattfr2EDF1r58qigo1_500.gif

Boy, some of you fans (I use that term loosely) are unbelievable. I come to this forum for info and news and 50% or more is complaining and taking cheap shots at the players. Jim Brown or Gayle Sayers couldn't gain 3 yds a carry with no holes to run through but some just pound on the players unmercifully. Rogers drops a very easily catchable ball and no one says a word which is good. If DHB would have dropped it he would have been crucified, but he and TR and a few others seem to be the wiping boys for some and they don't give up.

While I agree with some of what you say, DHB has well earned much of the frustration voiced about him......were talking about a player who was drafted 7th overall 4 years ago vs a player who has only 1 career start......It took Rogers (2)all of 1 game to surpass Beys TD total (1)....It also took Whalen only 7 games tie Bey with 1...With Whalen only starting 1 games. I dont even think coaching from a top WR will help him at this point because he has had Wayne prior to injury. I agree Richardson had an ALL AROUND good game, I think its just frustrating to watch running backs be brought in here and outperform him on the ground (Dan Herron, Tashard Choice....even though it is minimal)

While I agree with some of what you say, DHB has well earned much of the frustration voiced about him......were talking about a player who was drafted 7th overall 4 years ago vs a player who has only 1 career start......It took Rogers (2)all of 1 game to surpass Beys TD total (1)....It also took Whalen only 7 games tie Bey with 1...With Whalen only starting 1 games. I dont even think coaching from a top WR will help him at this point because he has had Wayne prior to injury. I agree Richardson had an ALL AROUND good game, I think its just frustrating to watch running backs be brought in here and outperform him on the ground (Dan Herron, Tashard Choice....even though it is minimal)

I don't disagree that DBH have way underperformed. I just ticks me off at the unmerciful bashing he or any other Colt takes on this board. We tried him, it failed move on. I just don't like the bashing.

I respect you opinion generally Gavin, but to say that Herron and Choice has out performed TR is laughable. You can't be serious.