Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TRENT TRADE

OLD FAN MAN

Guest TeamLoloJones

You caught me, I haven't watched a single game; because there is no other way anyone would come to the conclusion that TR has contributed almost nothing for most of his time in Indy.

He's contributed more than DHB, and that is an undeniable fact, not an opinion.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamLoloJones

Feel free to go back and read the thread as I have already addressed that point.

Sorry,  I won't use any more facts to help my argument...you win.

Sorry,  I won't use any more facts to help my argument...you win.

You wanted me to readdress an issue I already discussed and touched on the reason behind the stats? I guess I could do the actual math, but I don't think it would support your argument.

Guest TeamLoloJones

You wanted me to readdress an issue I already discussed and touched on the reason behind the stats? I guess I could do the actual math, but I don't think it would support your argument.

Just give me one logical reason why you think DHB has contributed more to the 2013 Colts than TRich has.

every thread that mentions tr ends up with the same posters that like the tr trade against the tr trade haters. everyone knows the story, but it keeps on going. the mods should have kept the tr thread pinned (i don't think posters felt as much of a need to repost things that they had already argued there) and put any threads about him there. new threads just mean the same arguments over and over........

Just give me one logical reason why you think DHB has contributed more to the 2013 Colts than TRich has.

He hasn't...Its an undeniable fact.......Absolutely mind boggling that DHB only has 76 more receiving yards with being targeted 39 more times then Richardson

First you can't just compare actual first downs because you have to adjust for the % of touches TR got compared to the far fewer that DHB got. They were also force feeding TR the ball which artificially inflated his stats and they were still bad.

I haven't done the math, but I suspect that if you adjust for how many touches each got you will find that DHB was producing impact plays at a higher rate than TR.

As I said before if even if you only take into account what DHB did in the Denver game that alone was more of a contribution than all of TR's contributions combined. You take DHB's contributions out of the Denver game and there is a good chance we do not win. I don't remember any game thinking, if not for TR we would not be in this game.

I could go on about how I think TR's mistakes hurt us worse than DHB's ... but I doubt I am going to change your opinion just as you are not going to change mine.

Guest TeamLoloJones

First you can't just compare actual first downs because you have to adjust for the % of touches TR got compared to the far fewer that DHB got. They were also force feeding TR the ball which artificially inflated his stats and they were still bad.

I haven't done the math, but I suspect that if you adjust for how many touches each got you will find that DHB was producing impact plays at a higher rate than TR.

As I said before if even if you only take into account what DHB did in the Denver game that alone was more of a contribution than all of TR's contributions combined. You take DHB's contributions out of the Denver game and there is a good chance we do not win. I don't remember any game thinking, if not for TR we would not be in this game.

I could go on about how I think TR's mistakes hurt us worse than DHB's ... but I doubt I am going to change your opinion just as you are not going to change mine.

You need to do the math. Because if you factor in all of DHB's targets that weren't caught then it swings into TRich's favor.

Go back a watch the Seattle game. If TRich does not pick up a block for Luck, then he gets sacked instead of throwing the bomb TD to Hilton that made the score 12-7.  If you argue we don't beat Denver without DHB, then I can say we don't win the Seattle game without TRich.

You need to do the math. Because if you factor in all of DHB's targets that weren't caught than it swings into TRich's favor.

I am not going to do the math because no one is going to agree on which variables should be used and it would just start a whole new argument; and having a long drawn out argument about statistics, significant variables, etc ... sounds too much like work.

You asked for a logical answer, I feel the answer I provided has a logical basis whether you choose to agree with it or not. We will just have to agree to disagree ... if you feel my view is "ridiculous" that is fine I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

I am not going to do the math because no one is going to agree on which variables should be used and it would just start a whole new argument; and having a long drawn out argument about statistics, significant variables, etc ... sounds too much like work.

You asked for a logical answer, I feel the answer I provided has a logical basis whether you choose to agree with it or not. We will just have to agree to disagree ... if you feel my view is "ridiculous" that is fine I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

You're wrong.

You have to feel satisfied with the trade, if only because you don't see this same conversation every day on the Browns boards.

hahaha, so true. Being a Browns fan and being that we have been so bad for so long. I get weary when I keep hearing the word "Potential", we've had a decade full of guys that had "potential" and I am beyond sick of hearing that word. 

I'm already getting weary of Barkevious Mingo, he has played well, but he hasn't taken the starting job from either Sheard or Kruger and that is worrisome for a #6 overall pick. 

The OL deserves its share of blame no doubt. But it the same OL that every other back has produced behind. Although the line has been bad there have been plenty of holes he has missed, as well as plenty of opportunities to bounce it outside.  Even though he has been playing well of late Brown was a waste of a 1st round pick as well.  Yes, lets give him another year so he has one year left on his contract and then we can give him a new contract with a bonus that completely nullifies the whole "Cleveland paid his bonus money" advantage we were supposed to be getting. 

Can you not see that the fact that by him not producing this year it effectively negates almost all the benefits we supposedly got from the trade, and to justify spending a 1st round pick on him at this point he will have to perform at an elite (top 5) RB level for the next 2 years? Do you think that is going to happen , honestly?  I sure don't see it.

Bottom line is RBs are not worth 1st round picks.  Even if you want to make an argument for AP; Richardson is so far from that, that the comparison would be laughable.

well the trade in itself i can agree with you no running back is worth a 1st round pick unless you know your getting a arian peterson or something cuz other than that they just dont give you what you gave them up for, so that part i can agree with you on and i see how you can see if we get nothig for him that makes the trade even worst, but im not giving up on him unless he doesnt preform and well

You'll talking about the 2-12 Texans Defense.

I agree with you.  House just really likes to argue and only sees the positive and refuses to see ANY negative and unfortunately with the Colts team there is a lot of negative at this point.  He is from a land of butterflies, unicorns & candy.  You and I sir are realists.

I agree with you.  House just really likes to argue and only sees the positive and refuses to see ANY negative and unfortunately with the Colts team there is a lot of negative at this point.  He is from a land of butterflies, unicorns & candy.  You and I sir are realists.

ok. if there  are a lot of negatives on the colts name one.

I agree with you. House just really likes to argue and only sees the positive and refuses to see ANY negative and unfortunately with the Colts team there is a lot of negative at this point. He is from a land of butterflies, unicorns & candy. You and I sir are realists.

What's my favorite color while you're at it? Since you know so much about me and my beliefs.

I think Trent looked good today.  He seems to be slowly getting more confident.  I think he will be much better next year, even though the kid has whiffed a few blocks, he's still overall a good blocker and can catch really well. He just needs to progress with regards to the rushing aspect of his game. 

Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this year.  It always help to see improvement.

Malakai!!!!!

You need to do the math. Because if you factor in all of DHB's targets that weren't caught then it swings into TRich's favor.

Go back a watch the Seattle game. If TRich does not pick up a block for Luck, then he gets sacked instead of throwing the bomb TD to Hilton that made the score 12-7. If you argue we don't beat Denver without DHB, then I can say we don't win the Seattle game without TRich.

I'd waiger to bet this boys never had cal III or IV!

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 21, 2013 - baiting moderation
Hidden by Nadine, December 21, 2013 - baiting moderation

Malakai! He wants you too, Malakai. He wants you too!

I feel your fascination with half naked men is inappropriate for this board. Mods, please delete this persons avatar and pics of shirtless men. 

If not, I'm going to start posting pics of scantily clad women and we'll see how the women posters feel about that.

I feel your fascination with half naked men is inappropriate for this board. Mods, please delete this persons avatar and pics of shirtless men.

If not, I'm going to start posting pics of scantily clad women and we'll see how the women posters feel about that.

This is what we in the business refer as a "win-win"

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 21, 2013 - personal arguement
Hidden by Nadine, December 21, 2013 - personal arguement

Disagree, get over it little man

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 21, 2013 - personal arguement
Hidden by Nadine, December 21, 2013 - personal arguement

Besides maybe I'm gay and enjoy it and it's not at all supposed to be a joke. If so, again, get over it little man

His areolas are soooo hot