Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TRENT TRADE

OLD FAN MAN

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the comments about TR getting in a good game today and showing why he was traded. Now I would not call todays game a grest game by him but it was better in the stat line. I see the comments on why do we see other backs produce better when in etc... I would suggedt they use these guys that are out performing him differently, more the change of pace guy. Look at DB stats the game he was promoted to starter over TR. They used the TR game plan and DB was stifled pretty much. That to me says 1. Talent at the middle of the oline (not a shock to any of us) 2. Coaching. Not sure why they continue this pound it up the middle with any of our backs with how weak we are at the POA using the jumbo tight package, it hasn't worked the majority of the year yet we bring it out time and time again. We get yardage from delays, draws and runs while spread out when it appears we are going to throw it. Our game planners just can't swallow the fact they can't just line up and beat the other team straight up cause our personnel isn't good enough to do so but they just won't accept that idea. I say we have to be creative and desceptive in our play calls. Run in a throw looking formation more and butt in the run look but keep it mixed in and quit flipping formations ( same formation just changed to other side) after it works once and then watch it fail. DC are not that stupid, they see what you have done. Good planners will be creative in their play calls because rarely do teams just have such a superior team to just overpower a team when they know whats coming. We just have plain thinkers game planners not very creative guys. It was looking better this week so maybe Pep can learn from being plain most of the year.

Early in the game he totally sucked, but as the game went on he did get better and had a descent game, but people a descent game is not like he rushed for over 200 yards. I still think it was a horrible trade giving up a nu. 1 pick, for a guy I seriously doubt will ever have a 100 yard game. There have been sooooooooooooo many great runners in the NFL over the years that were picked in the later rounds of the draft, and that's why it wasn't necessary for Grigson to make this trade.

I don't disagree that DBH have way underperformed. I just ticks me off at the unmerciful bashing he or any other Colt takes on this board. We tried him, it failed move on. I just don't like the bashing.

I respect you opinion generally Gavin, but to say that Herron and Choice has out performed TR is laughable. You can't be serious.

Not from a total yards standpoint but Herron was brought in after Richardson and he was able to find a hole with alot less time to learn the offense....Yeah I went a little far with Choice....And I actually think Richardson had a good game yesterday overall...he is all purpose back....not all his yards are going to come from running the ball

Lol i find it funny now that Trent has had a good game all the people who thought he wasnt worth anything have left this forum alone lol

Really? Instead of enjoying what you supposedly wanted you are going to hit the hornets nest?  I have been and am a vocal Richardson trade hater and have not gone anywhere, but have been trying not to rain on everyone's parade and and rehash the same arguments. However, comments like this make it increasingly difficult.

People sure handle criticism of Mike McGlynn and Samson Setele a lot better than criticism of Trent Richardson.

After years of finesse football, people like the "idea" of Richardson and a power running game.  They don't want to let it go.  At first, I liked the idea of it myself.  Then, I saw it in practice and witnessed the reality of the situation.  Now, I just want whatever works. 

After years of finesse football, people like the "idea" of Richardson and a power running game.  They don't want to let it go.  At first, I liked the idea of it myself.  Then, I saw it in practice and witnessed the reality of the situation.  Now, I just want whatever works.

I think people just want to convince themselves that it was a good trade

Lol i find it funny now that Trent has had a good game

I can't believe anyone who watched that game thought he had a good game.  The Colts were 0-10 on their last 10 3rd downs largely because, as has been the case with Richardson most of this season, they are in 2nd and long and 3rd and long constantly.  So yes, he caught a few balls and broke a draw in garbage time to get up over 3.0 a carry, but as far as the flow of the game went, he hurt much more than he helped.  I'm sorry, but the guy is a drive killer. 

Really? Instead of enjoying what you supposedly wanted you are going to hit the hornets nest?  I have been and am a vocal Richardson trade hater and have not gone anywhere, but have been trying not to rain on everyone's parade and and rehash the same arguments. However, comments like this make it increasingly difficult.

lol well even with that you still didnt say anything bad about him just saying i hit a empty hornets nest i guess.

lol well even with that you still didnt say anything bad about him just saying i hit a empty hornets nest i guess.

Well, let me take care of that for you. One mediocre game does not a first round RB make. The game was nothing to write home about, and most any RB in the league could have turned in that mediocre performance.  He still ran the ball pathetically and showed no vision; so what if he caught some passes ... that's not what we acquired him for.  In no way does his performance come close to even begin to justify his first round pick.  If he performed at that level the rest of this season, and all of next season he would still only be a run of the mill starting NFL RB.  He will never justify the pick we spent on him.

Since we have so many Richardson supporters like yourself who want to come out of the woodwork to say "I told you so" after such a mediocre performance and stir things up again. I will be sure to make sure I don't miss a chance to point out Richardson's mediocrity and what a waste of a draft pick he is. 

I don't get what you wanted ... complain because people were complaining about Richardson, than feel the need to make comments when people aren't complaining.  But, I will oblige you ... I was tired of biting my tongue anyway.

Well, let me take care of that for you. One mediocre game does not a first round RB make. The game was nothing to write home about, and most any RB in the league could have turned in that mediocre performance.  He still ran the ball pathetically and showed no vision; so what if he caught some passes ... that's not what we acquired him for.  In no way does his performance come close to even begin to justify his first round pick.  If he performed at that level the rest of this season, and all of next season he would still only be a run of the mill starting NFL RB.  He will never justify the pick we spent on him.

Since we have so many Richardson supporters like yourself who want to come out of the woodwork to say "I told you so" after such a mediocre performance and stir things up again. I will be sure to make sure I don't miss a chance to point out Richardson's mediocrity and what a waste of a draft pick he is. 

I don't get what you wanted ... complain because people were complaining about Richardson, than feel the need to make comments when people aren't complaining.  But, I will oblige you ... I was tired of biting my tongue anyway.

alright and you are right about some of his games, cant deny it, but look at it this way, 

1. came to our team in mid season

2. doesn't know the playbook

3. O-line practically collapses it looks like when he runs

4. does cut to early at time (does need to work on that)

5. when he gets past the O-line he actually does to something

6. does need to work on vision a lil bit but i believe that will be worked on during training camp, ota, preseason

and in all seriousness if he does the same next year than youll be right and you can go on ahead and tell me you told me so but til than you have no more than an idea than i do hw well he is going to be

I don't think it's a big surprise.  Everyone knew we were very likely going to make playoffs, so the pick would be in the 20s or higher.  I wonder who the Browns will draft with the 32nd overall pick

Nothing like taking our 1st round pick we traded away into an early 2nd round pick for the other team!   :D

alright and you are right about some of his games, cant deny it, but look at it this way, 

1. came to our team in mid season

2. doesn't know the playbook

3. O-line practically collapses it looks like when he runs

4. does cut to early at time (does need to work on that)

5. when he gets past the O-line he actually does to something

6. does need to work on vision a lil bit but i believe that will be worked on during training camp, ota, preseason

and in all seriousness if he does the same next year than youll be right and you can go on ahead and tell me you told me so but til than you have no more than an idea than i do hw well he is going to be

1. He has been here long enough to equal the time of coming to training camp, playing all preseason games, and several games into the season.  RBs are picked up off the street all the time who turn in better performances.

2. See 1 + ... he should easily know playbook by now, if he doesn't he has bigger problems than mediocre play.  At this point hes had the playbook as long as Bradshaw when he started playing games.

3. Every other RB has ran behind the same line and performed better.

4. He has no vision and makes poor decisions + can't improvise.

5. Most NFL level running RBs can make plays at 2nd level ... a 1st round RB should be taking it to the house on a regular basis if he gets to second level.

6. I believe as others have pointed out that he will probably improve after an offseason/training camp, but he is never going to be the product we thought we were getting.  He will be a decent starting RB who will never justify a 1st round pick and who will only produce for us for 2 years (since he wasted this one) unless we give him a nice big contract.

The thing about this "waiting until next year" thing is that one of the reasons we paid the 1st round pick for him was for production this year.  If we don't get nothing out of him this year than we could have drafted a RB in 2014 in the 2nd - 3rd or lower round and came out ahead both financially and draft pick wise.

We wasted our pick and we are stuck with him now, so I hope he does good.  But, I think most people are going to be very disappointed when we see who was available with our 1st round pick, and Richardson ends up only ever being a "good RB" and never becomes the stud most thought we were getting.

1. He has been here long enough to equal the time of coming to training camp, playing all preseason games, and several games into the season.  RBs are picked up off the street all the time who turn in better performances.

2. See 1 + ... he should easily know playbook by now, if he doesn't he has bigger problems than mediocre play.  At this point hes had the playbook as long as Bradshaw when he started playing games.

3. Every other RB has ran behind the same line and performed better.

4. He has no vision and makes poor decisions + can't improvise.

5. Most NFL level running RBs can make plays at 2nd level ... a 1st round RB should be taking it to the house on a regular basis if he gets to second level.

6. I believe as others have pointed out that he will probably improve after an offseason/training camp, but he is never going to be the product we thought we were getting.  He will be a decent starting RB who will never justify a 1st round pick and who will only produce for us for 2 years (since he wasted this one) unless we give him a nice big contract.

The thing about this "waiting until next year" thing is that one of the reasons we paid the 1st round pick for him was for production this year.  If we don't get nothing out of him this year than we could have drafted a RB in 2014 in the 2nd - 3rd or lower round and came out ahead both financially and draft pick wise.

We wasted our pick and we are stuck with him now, so I hope he does good.  But, I think most people are going to be very disappointed when we see who was available with our 1st round pick, and Richardson ends up only ever being a "good RB" and never becomes the stud most thought we were getting.

i guess well see, and most of the time tht your talking about him not going nywhere is cuase his o-line just falls apart before he even gets the ball in his hand = no push and them sometimes flling over, you can say brown has been doing quite well but he also was a 1st round pick and has had 4 yrs with us, bout time all i got to say so just give him another year and see what happens

i guess well see, and most of the time tht your talking about him not going nywhere is cuase his o-line just falls apart before he even gets the ball in his hand = no push and them sometimes flling over, you can say brown has been doing quite well but he also was a 1st round pick and has had 4 yrs with us, bout time all i got to say so just give him another year and see what happens

The OL deserves its share of blame no doubt. But it the same OL that every other back has produced behind. Although the line has been bad there have been plenty of holes he has missed, as well as plenty of opportunities to bounce it outside.  Even though he has been playing well of late Brown was a waste of a 1st round pick as well.  Yes, lets give him another year so he has one year left on his contract and then we can give him a new contract with a bonus that completely nullifies the whole "Cleveland paid his bonus money" advantage we were supposed to be getting. 

Can you not see that the fact that by him not producing this year it effectively negates almost all the benefits we supposedly got from the trade, and to justify spending a 1st round pick on him at this point he will have to perform at an elite (top 5) RB level for the next 2 years? Do you think that is going to happen , honestly?  I sure don't see it.

Bottom line is RBs are not worth 1st round picks.  Even if you want to make an argument for AP; Richardson is so far from that, that the comparison would be laughable.

Lol i find it funny now that Trent has had a good game all the people who thought he wasnt worth anything have left this forum alone lol

A good game??? Seriously??? If you think that was a good game, then you have some serious low expectations. He done better than he has since he's been here, but that isn't saying anything, he has been pure garbage since arriving. Who are those that have left the forum? Those of us that have said from the beginning that this was an incredibly bad trade, have been here saying the same thing all along. It's those that find every excuse in the world for the guy that have been keeping quiet because some are finally realizing that he isn't who they thought he was. 

A good game??? Seriously??? If you think that was a good game, then you have some serious low expectations. He done better than he has since he's been here, but that isn't saying anything, he has been pure garbage since arriving. Who are those that have left the forum? Those of us that have said from the beginning that this was an incredibly bad trade, have been here saying the same thing all along. It's those that find every excuse in the world for the guy that have been keeping quiet because some are finally realizing that he isn't who they thought he was. 

I guess you expect a RB to block for himself? The whole offensive line has been bad all year. If Luck wasn't so good at avoiding the rush he would be the most sacked QB in the NFL. Would it be too much to see the real reason the Colts run game is poor instead of pointing the finger at T.R.?

I guess you expect a RB to block for himself? The whole offensive line has been bad all year. If Luck wasn't so good at avoiding the rush he would be the most sacked QB in the NFL. Would it be too much to see the real reason the Colts run game is poor instead of pointing the finger at T.R.?

Nope, I don't expect that. What I would reasonably expect, is for a guy drafted #3 overall and traded for a 1st rd. pick to come in and at least be able to produce as much as any other RB on the roster and that hasn't even been close to the case. A guy with the talent that many said he had should be able to create a little something on his own because thats what highly talented RB's do. Problem is, He's not that talented.

You can't really believe that.

The yards from scrimmage bit is verifiable fact, belief plays no role. It's also quantitatively true that he has delivered the most yardage out of the backfield, for the best average.

Qualitatively, IMHO, he's the best receiving threat out of the backfield at least since Addai left town.

It can't shock you that much. Look at the super scientific poll results.

The yards from scrimmage bit is verifiable fact, belief plays no role. It's also quantitatively true that he has delivered the most yardage out of the backfield, for the best average.

Qualitatively, IMHO, he's the best receiving threat out of the backfield at least since Addai left town.

It can't shock you that much. Look at the super scientific poll results.

You know that's not what I was referring, but keep looking for ways to make TRich look good when everyone other than Colts fans know the trade has been a colossal dud thus far. Gee he has been so productive, he was demoted in favor of a back up.

You know that's not what I was referring, but keep looking for ways to make TRich look good when everyone other than Colts fans know the trade has been a colossal dud thus far. Gee he has been so productive, he was demoted in favor of a back up.

I'm really not playing coy. He hasn't been the unfortunate disaster that DHB has become, he has been a contributor on a division champion squad.

His production has been less than I hoped for, but for many of the reasons discussed previously by other posters I still see promise, and think his arrow is pointed up.

I'm really not playing coy. He hasn't been the unfortunate disaster that DHB has become, he has been a contributor on a division champion squad.

His production has been less than I hoped for, but for many of the reasons discussed previously by other posters I still see promise, and think his arrow is pointed up.

If Richardson's contribution were any less it would be non-existent.  We also did not give up anything for DHB so his busting has almost no effect on the franchise, and I would argue that DHB has actually contributed far more than TR.

If Richardson's contribution were any less it would be non-existent.  We also did not give up anything for DHB so his busting has almost no effect on the franchise, and I would argue that DHB has actually contributed far more than TR.

I'd have to resist you there. That's utter lunacy.

I'd have to resist you there. That's utter lunacy.

Really? Has DHB really stalled any more drives by dropping balls than TR has by getting stuffed?  DHB has dropped some big passes but he has caught some big passes too ... his "big catches" easily outweigh TR's "big runs".  DHB is also a good blocker and I have seen him throw some nice down field blocks. I think if we went back and compared play by play we would see its not unrealistic at all that DHB possibly contributed more than TR.

Really? Has DHB really stalled any more drives by dropping balls than TR has by getting stuffed? DHB has dropped some big passes but he has caught some big passes too ... his "big catches" easily outweigh TR's "big runs". DHB is also a good blocker and I have seen him throw some nice down field blocks. I think if we went back and compared play by play we would see its not unrealistic at all that DHB possibly contributed more than TR.

lol. Ridiculous