Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets give T-Rich his props

BlueCollarColts

He played a very good game today, he is a very good receiver for a RB, and although he has been awful carrying the ball, he did better today, rushing for 64 yards on 19 carries. He missed some holes at times, found them at times, and at other times there just simply were no holes. Richardson finished with 102 total yards and a TD, good game today T-Rich!  :clap:

I was at the game, I need to watch it again. But it looked like he got everything anyone could get.

I don't understand why he tried to go airborne on the run he fumbled out of bounds.

Let's also remember we were down to a 3rd string G.

I would also need to go back and look, but I can count 5 carries just off of memories where he just had nowhere to go

The way he just bursted through the hole on that 22 yard run. That's the most decisive and explosive I've ever seen him run. That was just a no nonsense/no hesitation run the whole way

Donald Brown also was just ripping holes in the Texans defense to start the game before he got a stinger.

props to trent for a nice looking statistical game. How'd Nixon play?

I was at the game, so I'll have to rewatch. But from what I could tell he wasn't too good on run plays. It also looked like they were slanting him help on pass plays. I'd rather have Link or Reitz, but you have to cut him some slack for how long he's been with the team.

Trent needs to get better with playbook and get faster.  I did a comparison between brown and richardson.  I could easily see that brown gets more speed at the snap trent does.  Also brown makes one or no cut when he runs, while trent goes happy feet at the line and it doesn't seem like he knows where the hole is.  I often see trent just run into the lineman when theres clearly no holes instead of running outside.  Maybe he's to big and wide to fit into those holes.  Just some observations.  If anything we should use him like darren sproles to get some production out of him.

T Rich got the longest run of his career today when they knew we were running. He looked darn good when he had room to work.

I have said, give Trent a good line, and he will be a damn good player. Even just give him a decent line and he'll still be a very good player. He isn't Adrian Peterson, but he can still be a damn good back in this league