mintor

Bill Cowher   

90 members have voted

1. 1. should get a new coach ?

• Bill Cowher
    • lovie smith
    • Jon Gruden
    • Are keep same coach we have now ?

not dum look alot post on other threads alot ppl posting these names as a coach for the colts . why started it.

William Laird "Bill" Cowher (born May 8, 1957) is a former professional American football coach and player in the National Football League (NFL). In Cowher's fifteen seasons as head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers, the team won eight division titles and made ten playoff appearances. Cowher led the Steelers to the Super Bowl twice, winning one. He is the second coach in NFL history to reach the playoffs in each of his first six seasons as head coach, a feat previously accomplished by Paul Brown.

Cowher is a terrible fit for the Colts roster btw so Gods no. Gruden will be in Houston (if anywhere).

Thinking Pagano is going anywhere after his first season on the job is certifiably dumb and any who claim it other than as a hypothetical are not exempt from that assessment, no matter the percentage who think it.

Just because people are post names of people they would like to be a coach doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Pagano isn't get fired.  Irsay isn't going to fire a man a year removed from beating cancer and has taken a 2-14 football team that was supposed to be rebuilding and guided them to the playoffs two years in a row including winning the division the second year while over coming some major injuries. 

reason winning  was luck and reggie wayne , and ballard  with bradshaw  all them got on ir been down hill. hot and cold.

Well knock on wood Luck hasn't gone to IR yet, but if the other guys are on IR and they are reason we are winning in your book maybe just maybe their injuries have a hand in why we are struggling.

"If you take someone who has been a coordinator, you're basically moving them from a lower level of management, let's say, to a higher level of management that they've never been in before," he said. "So, there's a question mark as to whether they can elevate their performance to be able to handle those additional responsibilities, and some people can't. Some people who have been players always have a player mentality and you can't have a player mentality and be the manager, be the coach, be the guy that's got to make tough decision

"If you take someone who has been a coordinator, you're basically moving them from a lower level of management, let's say, to a higher level of management that they've never been in before," he said. "So, there's a question mark as to whether they can elevate their performance to be able to handle those additional responsibilities, and some people can't. Some people who have been players always have a player mentality and you can't have a player mentality and be the manager, be the coach, be the guy that's got to make tough decision

Care to source that quote?

Even hypothetically if we got rid of Pagano, all of the guys listed in your poll are awful fits for the Colts roster and what Irsay wants to do.

Hypothetically, Mike Zimmer would be the best fit imo.

Even hypothetically if we got rid of Pagano, all of the guys listed in your poll are awful fits for the Colts roster and what Irsay wants to do.

Zimmer was the one guy I wanted over Pagano when he was hired but we still aren't firing Pagano, not that you said we were.

I believe that was the Texans owner when discussing what he is looking for in replacing Kubiak for the Texans....

I don't see the Colts changing head coach. I must say, I don't nearly have as much heartburn about Pags as I do with Pep. I do think Pep needs to be let go and bring in someone with more experience. Pagano has made some questionable decisions and is not as good of a coach as Arians (IMHO), but too soon to fire him.

I dont think we will be getting a new coach and to be honest I think you need to give a coach at least 3 years.  However I would not want Cowher I would prefer Gruden I think he would take advantage of Lucks assets and wouldnt be stubborn enough to stick with an outdated offensive system

I do however want to see what will happen with our current coaches given another season I saw some things I liked in the Cincy game.

not dum look alot post on other threads alot ppl posting these names as a coach for the colts . why started it.

William Laird "Bill" Cowher (born May 8, 1957) is a former professional American football coach and player in the National Football League (NFL). In Cowher's fifteen seasons as head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers, the team won eight division titles and made ten playoff appearances. Cowher led the Steelers to the Super Bowl twice, winning one. He is the second coach in NFL history to reach the playoffs in each of his first six seasons as head coach, a feat previously accomplished by Paul Brown.

Is English your second language?

pagano is 2 out of 2 going to the playoffs, hard to beat 100%

I voted to keep Pagano (I think...?).

Also, let's find out if there's a legitimate impediment to effective communication (Medical, ESL, etc.) before piling on.

Yeah, it's hard to read, but I'd rather we didn't turn to a mod mentality.

Could be as simple as some are better with their smartphone keyboard than others are, and take mad shortcuts to get through it.

I've been a very strong supporter of Pagano thus far but even I have to admit, it's getting harder to defend him week in and week out. He is rapidly losing my support. Yeah we have a lot of issues on the O line, we have un proven receivers and other personnel issues but all that told, we've had these issues all season. The biggest issue we have is simple, we are getting out coached, especially in the first halves of games. We look flat unprepared going in, yeah we make some decent adjustments sometimes in the 2nd half, but you cant get out scored and not produce a single 1st down conversion in the last 5 weeks and expect to win. That's not solely on the players, the lack of discipline is from the top down, the deer in headlight looks from Pags the past few weeks has been telling.

Now, while I am losing faith rapidly in Pags, I think another coaching change, whether OC or HC, will be a giant leap backwards and possibly derail Luck's development. Young players, especially QBs need solid footing, no turmoil and they need helped along. Changing coaches in the off-season this year, in my mind, is a recipe for disaster. Therefore, we need to give the coaching staff another year. We essentially have a rookie HC, a rookie OC, they too need time to develop.

Therefore, let's stop this constant "We need to fire....(insert a name here)" and being like whinny fans, let's rally behind our team, our coaches and our owner, for now....

Thats not surprising. Every NFL fan wants their team to hire Chucky. I dont know why, but they do. Hes the most popular FA head coach in a long time.

It's seems a lot of fans like him more than Dungy, even though he helped us win a SB.

Yeah, it's hard to read, but I'd rather we didn't turn to a mod mentality.

Could be as simple as some are better with their smartphone keyboard than others are, and take mad shortcuts to get through it.

That or CTAABR.

(consuming tequila at a ballistic rate).

My take is it's a condition or second language.

Dungy also makes it known he's done. Gruden leaves the door open because every time a team starts sniffing around ESPN gives him a raise.

No I'm just saying a lot of our fans like Gruden better than Dungy in general, just a related topic.

It's seems a lot of fans like him more than Dungy, even though he helped us win a SB.

Dungy is a different breed of coach from the norm and was more a leader and inspiration than an actual X's and O's guy. His speed based Tampa 2 that had the DEs ignore running lanes was inherently flawed. Many football fans diacredit quiet leadership and just point to Manning as the reason foe his success in Indy, and as little a hand as Dungy had in designing the offense, thats largely correct as far as strategem and tangible numbers go.

Chucky is a yeller. He is a schemer of offenses and a whisperer to QBs in a league predicated on the passing game. It makes him a very sexy prospect compared to quiet old Dungy and his silly Tampa 2.

Of course it was largely with a Dungy built team that Gruden had his most success, but lets not remember that.

Dungy is a different breed of coach from the norm and was more a leader and inspiration than an actual X's and O's guy. His speed based Tampa 2 that had the DEs ignore running lanes was inherently flawed. Many football fans diacredit quiet leadership and just point to Manning as the reason foe his success in Indy, and as little a hand as Dungy had in designing the offense, thats largely correct as far as strategem and tangible numbers go.

Chucky is a yeller. He is a schemer of offenses and a whisperer to QBs in a league predicated on the passing game. It makes him a very sexy prospect compared to quiet old Dungy and his silly Tampa 2.

Of course it was largely with a Dungy built team that Gruden had his most success, but lets not remember that.

I wouldn't say the Tampa2 is silly, it just needs the right players. It needs 2 big nasty DTs that can eat up some of those runs or the blockers atleast. Indy didn't have that most of the time.