Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Remaining schedule

theanarchist

This is tough especially considering the way we've been playing lately. It's a real possibility that we could go winless the rest of the season. Cincinnati will demolish us if the offensive line does not play better. They have a really good defense and their passing game is good as well.

I like have both Houston and Jacksonville at home but neither team is a pushover and Jacksonville is starting to win games now. We haven't exactly lit it up at home either. I'm not one to push the panic button but things are looking shaky at best.

Better watch it, that kind of realistic thinking might get you in trouble here.... ;)

I am worried about our prospects too. The Texans did nearly derail the Patriots last week, so they are not easily overlooked.

The Jags have history of beating us at the least likely times, so we might pull off a win by accident. But with the Bengals and Chiefs, unless those teams have a major meltdown and Pep has an awakening, I have a hard time seeing a Win for us.

Hopefully the Colts will prove us both wrong. I can see us 2-2 as I believe in Luck's ability to pull a win out of the most unlikely circumstances.

Let's face it, the Titans aren't going to win out.  So the division is ours.

I'm not as concerned about the record as about how we're playing when the season comes to an end.  If we can keep relatively healthy, our chances are as good as anyones.

Let's face it, the Titans aren't going to win out.  So the division is ours.

I'm not as concerned about the record as about how we're playing when the season comes to an end.  If we can keep relatively healthy, our chances are as good as anyones.

This. The Colts are going to the playoffs. We have seen repeatedly over the last few years that what matters most is how a team is playing at the end of the season. Getting hot at the right time is crucial. I mean, who thought Baltimore was a Super Bowl worthy team in December last year?

Now in my heart of hearts, I think Indy is too full of holes to be truly considered a contender. But if they get hot - who knows? They do have the one key factor in their back pocket - a franchise level QB who just simply wins. Come January 1, they will have a 1 in 12 shot - just like the other playoff teams.

First general thought is, I would be shocked if we go 0-4.

However, in all reality, the way we have been playing, we can lose to any of the 4 remaining teams. I see us splitting the next 4. 

Best case scenario is always 4-0, worst case scenario is always 0-4. With that said, I would be happy with 2-2 in the next 4 games.

First general thought is, I would be shocked if we go 0-4.

However, in all reality, the way we have been playing, we can lose to any of the 4 remaining teams. I see us splitting the next 4. 

Best case scenario is always 4-0, worst case scenario is always 0-4. With that said, I would be happy with 2-2 in the next 4 games.

I'd be happy with 2-2 and playing good football. But we're not. Heading into the playoffs if we don't improve our overall play it'll be 1 and done. Tennessee has a good defense but we should have been able to manage more than 1 Td against them at home and if it weren't for Luck's running ability we wouldn't even have managed that. At the same time I really believe that the injuries have hurt this team for sure and we'd have much better chances with Reggie, Toler, Bradshaw, Allen, Ballard and Don Thomas still in the lineup.

With the division all but sewn up, it may be time to start giving more snaps to some of the "new guys" (Rogers, Adongo, McNary, et al). We may need them to step up from time to time in the playoffs (yes, playoffs -- plural, I hope!), and it would be great to have them get some "real-time" game experience before they're thrown into the breech in a critical situation in a playoff game. Winning out and getting the 2-seed and a bye would be great, but that may not be a realistic goal at this point. Treating these last four games as kind of a "second pre-season" could be valuable in the long run.

I'd be happy with 2-2 and playing good football. But we're not. Heading into the playoffs if we don't improve our overall play it'll be 1 and done. Tennessee has a good defense but we should have been able to manage more than 1 Td against them at home and if it weren't for Luck's running ability we wouldn't even have managed that. At the same time I really believe that the injuries have hurt this team for sure and we'd have much better chances with Reggie, Toler, Bradshaw, Allen, Ballard and Don Thomas still in the lineup.

Injuries hit every team so you have to be prepared for them.  But I agree if we magically got all those guys back we would be a different team.  

With Donald Thomas, this power run thing might actually work.  

Reggie Wayne would change our offense big time.

This. The Colts are going to the playoffs. We have seen repeatedly over the last few years that what matters most is how a team is playing at the end of the season. Getting hot at the right time is crucial. I mean, who thought Baltimore was a Super Bowl worthy team in December last year?

Now in my heart of hearts, I think Indy is too full of holes to be truly considered a contender. But if they get hot - who knows? They do have the one key factor in their back pocket - a franchise level QB who just simply wins. Come January 1, they will have a 1 in 12 shot - just like the other playoff teams.

That's exactly how I feel.  We're one (HoF) player from basically being the same team that beat the Seahawks, 49ers, and Broncos.  I doubt if there's going to be any team going into the playoffs with that kind of confidence.

It may not be likely, but it's definitely not a fantasy.  

That's exactly how I feel.  We're one (HoF) player from basically being the same team that beat the Seahawks, 49ers, and Broncos.  I doubt if there's going to be any team going into the playoffs with that kind of confidence.

It may not be likely, but it's definitely not a fantasy.  

We beat those teams before Reggie went down. We are not the same team that beat those teams.

Better watch it, that kind of realistic thinking might get you in trouble here.... ;)

I am worried about our prospects too. The Texans did nearly derail the Patriots last week, so they are not easily overlooked.

The Jags have history of beating us at the least likely times, so we might pull off a win by accident. But with the Bengals and Chiefs, unless those teams have a major meltdown and Pep has an awakening, I have a hard time seeing a Win for us.

Hopefully the Colts will prove us both wrong. I can see us 2-2 as I believe in Luck's ability to pull a win out of the most unlikely circumstances.

Yeah, we SHOULD go 2-2 unless we play a stinker of a game vs Jax and/or Hou.

Did you read my post? That's what I said.

I kind of got caught up in the "confidence" part of it I guess. I really don't think that the team is carrying the same confidence it did at the time that they beat those teams is my point. But, your right, I really didn't read it in its entirety lol. Guilty

3-1 at best

2-2 at worst

0-4 isn't realistic cause we've NEVER loss back to back games in the Andrew Luck era

*knocks on wood*..never say never my friend,,that can bring the thunder down, if you know what I mean..Hopefully we play well down the stretch and go into the playoff a little more healthy, and with some momentum.

*knocks on wood*..never say never my friend,,that can bring the thunder down, if you know what I mean..Hopefully we play well down the stretch and go into the playoff a little more healthy, and with some momentum.

There are 4 weeks left for this team to improve, if a couple of pass catchers get more comfortable (and actually catch the ball), the interior o-line plays with some heart, and Andrew plays better there is nothing that cannot be achieved by this team. Wins and losses don't matter at this point, (Titans will lose sooner than later) these coaches need to open up the play book and maybe try some less conventional plays and formations. The Colts are struggling but they are in a unique situation they have 4 free games to experiment with and find out what this group of men do well together. The Colts will be division champs and owe no apologies, use these games wisely Coach Pagano, the 3rd seed would be great but we have bigger fish to fry.

Dalton has been playing shaky ball as of late. i see us going 3-1 with a loss from KC maybe 2-2 with Cincy beating us, but I like our chances with the way Vontae came back vs TEN.

It's a safe bet, bengals will hurt us good.  luck will be scrambling all day.  i just hope he is not harassed as much as last week, but that's HIGHLY doubtful.

It's a safe bet, bengals will hurt us good.  luck will be scrambling all day.  i just hope he is not harassed as much as last week, but that's HIGHLY doubtful.

J Worthy looks like a beast, and the Cards interior D-line was a match-up nightmare for the boys. I am not certain the Bengals are as strong up the middle as our last 2 opponents. It's a game of match-ups, who know the Colts might dominate Adkins back up and our tackles may take care of the edges and Colts roll Cats.

Just so you know, Luck is allowed to run. He is also allowed to run much more than he currently does, and hopefully he does in the play-offs!

Injuries hit every team so you have to be prepared for them.  But I agree if we magically got all those guys back we would be a different team.  

With Donald Thomas, this power run thing might actually work.  

Reggie Wayne would change our offense big time.

With all those guys back we would in top 2-3 favs to win Super Bowl.

I kind of got caught up in the "confidence" part of it I guess. I really don't think that the team is carrying the same confidence it did at the time that they beat those teams is my point. But, your right, I really didn't read it in its entirety lol. Guilty

No prob.  I agree, they may not have the same confidence because Reggie was such a huge part of it.  But at least they know it can be done and they've done it.

Playing the first game at home is going to help too, a win builds that confidence.

J Worthy looks like a beast, and the Cards interior D-line was a match-up nightmare for the boys. I am not certain the Bengals are as strong up the middle as our last 2 opponents. It's a game of match-ups, who know the Colts might dominate Adkins back up and our tackles may take care of the edges and Colts roll Cats.

hoping you're right, we tend to make pro-bowlers out of backups (several times this season).

This is tough especially considering the way we've been playing lately. It's a real possibility that we could go winless the rest of the season. Cincinnati will demolish us if the offensive line does not play better. They have a really good defense and their passing game is good as well.

I like have both Houston and Jacksonville at home but neither team is a pushover and Jacksonville is starting to win games now. We haven't exactly lit it up at home either. I'm not one to push the panic button but things are looking shaky at best.

I am more optimistic than that. I think they win at least two of the last four and perhaps three. The injuries have hurt them badly but I expect them to rebound and I think Luck will be allowed to sling it a bit more.  :D

I thought the same as you have above vs the Rams but they almost decapitated Luck.

Just so you know, Luck is allowed to run. He is also allowed to run much more than he currently does, and hopefully he does in the play-offs!

Yes, I'm aware he's allowed to run. The those come on broken protection passing plays. It's great he's as good of a runner as he is. Donald Brown had some nice carries in that TD drive as well. I guess my point is that I'd much rather see us running the ball effectively by design instead of by broken passing play scrambles.