Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pep Hamilton under pressure

CS Colts Fan

saw on rotoworld.. 

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports Colts OC Pep Hamilton is "under pressure" within the organization to "step up his game" after so many slow offensive starts over the past several weeks.

Two sources tell Silver that Hamilton "might be having a tough time adjusting" to the NFL as a rookie coordinator coming from Stanford. The transition was expected to be smooth based on Hamilton's familiarity with Andrew Luck and Coby Fleener, but has been the opposite. The Colts have prioritized scheme over personnel under Hamilton, taking a big step back from the all-too-brief Bruce Arians era. There is reportedly a belief at Colts headquarters that Hamilton has "struggled to free up receivers" like T.Y. Hilton, and his system has lacked imagination and aggressiveness. If the Colts keep playing as they've been playing, Pep the Playcaller could be one-and-done in Indy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His name has been linked to the USC job, maybe he get that it gives the Colts a clean exit from him and he gets to go back to college win win for both. 

With that said I am not a big fan of Luck and the other young guys on offense being in their third offense in three years.

His name has been linked to the USC job, maybe he get that it gives the Colts a clean exit from him and he gets to go back to college win win for both.

With that said I am not a big fan of Luck and the other young guys on offense being in their third offense in three years.

I'm all for it, so long as the 3rd coordinator is finally the right hire. And any good coordinator is not going to make wholesale changes to what's already installed, that's working, that is. I just don't want another coordinator coming in with bullheaded ideologies, unwilling to frame a scheme around the talent on the roster. We're 0-2 in that regard so far

With that said I am not a big fan of Luck and the other young guys on offense being in their third offense in three years.

He's not getting the USC job

Of course he's having a hard time adjusting...

I never thought it was a good idea to bring any coaches from college. Especially at a head coaching position. We should have gotten someone more experienced...

I wanted Norv Turner

He's a horrible HC but an offensive mastermind

I agree with this, but I guess it would be a better option than sticking with something that is just not going to work.

Yeah, we cannot put up with this for the next few years...a change is best at OC and HC for a couple of good experienced people at those positions...then we can move forward again.

We can't be switching OC like musical chairs. This will influence our young quarterback. I don't want a david carr/alex smith situation. If we switch again, then i'm all for andrew calling and controlling the majority of his own calls, especially at the line of scrimmage.

Kind of wierd Brown keeps getting positive yards and good running behind our line not Richardson, but I also understand Brown has speed.

Brown was awful till the last drive of the game. Don't get carries away bud. And that is not browns fault either. Out line was very very bad today. Until the last drive, them all of a sudden we could block.

Brown was awful till the last drive of the game. Don't get carries away bud. And that is not browns fault either. Out line was very very bad today. Until the last drive, them all of a sudden we could block.

I really don't think Brown is any better than TRich. With that line, who can tell?

I need to re watch that last drive to see what adjustments were made.

saw on rotoworld.. 

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports Colts OC Pep Hamilton is "under pressure" within the organization to "step up his game" after so many slow offensive starts over the past several weeks.

Two sources tell Silver that Hamilton "might be having a tough time adjusting" to the NFL as a rookie coordinator coming from Stanford. The transition was expected to be smooth based on Hamilton's familiarity with Andrew Luck and Coby Fleener, but has been the opposite. The Colts have prioritized scheme over personnel under Hamilton, taking a big step back from the all-too-brief Bruce Arians era. There is reportedly a belief at Colts headquarters that Hamilton has "struggled to free up receivers" like T.Y. Hilton, and his system has lacked imagination and aggressiveness. If the Colts keep playing as they've been playing, Pep the Playcaller could be one-and-done in Indy.

We really cannot afford to have him around for the remaining games this season...but I suppose there is nobody else we could get at this time.

I really don't think Brown is any better than TRich. With that line, who can tell?

I need to re watch that last drive to see what adjustments were made.

Yeah exactly, way to slow on the offensive side on making adjustments. Took till the last drive if the game to do something? Really? Really? Lol

When the Colts win the Scheme is good, when they lose the Scheme is bad. Look for that to continue. 

Has anyone mentioned that Luck misses Wayne? 

Well I've noticed when we win it's what an awesome job the players do when we lose it's what an awful scheme it was by the coaches. 

I think the truth is that when we win the players execute the game plan better than when we lose.  While I have had my say about some different plays I would like to see us run namely on offense I don't think the coaches are as awful as some make them out to be.  Keep in mind at this time last year people were killing Arians' offense too.  What have I noticed is the common theme here?  People don't like to blame the players when they don't play well. 

We can't be switching OC like musical chairs. This will influence our young quarterback. I don't want a david carr/alex smith situation. If we switch again, then i'm all for andrew calling and controlling the majority of his own calls, especially at the line of scrimmage.

No musical chairs here....

Arians left voluntarily for a better job.    We didn't push him out the door.   That one was out of our control.

If the Colts make a change,  that would be their first under Grigson/Pagano.

Well I've noticed when we win it's what an awesome job the players do when we lose it's what an awful scheme it was by the coaches. 

I think the truth is that when we win the players execute the game plan better than when we lose.  While I have had my say about some different plays I would like to see us run namely on offense I don't think the coaches are as awful as some make them out to be.  Keep in mind at this time last year people were killing Arians' offense too.  What have I noticed is the common theme here?  People don't like to blame the players when they don't play well

In fairness, where have you been? The fans and critics here and else where are wildly critical of the O line players and can call them out by name! Oh and DHB and Trent Richardson? I agree with the rest of this, but really come on now. There's no shortage of players getting called out.

In fairness, where have you been? The fans and critics here and else where are wildly critical of the O line, and players by name! Oh and DHB and Trent Richardson? I agree with the rest of this, but really come on now. There's no shortage of players getting called out.

I've been here and I see people be hard on DHB and T-Rich but I guess I view that as par for the course with them.  They just yell at them when they do anything.  However, when they talk about why we are losing they tend to blame the coaches first and over look the fact this team is 19-9 in just two years after a 2-14 season and gutting of the roster. You can have the best play in the world called and if the guys on the field don't execute it then that's not the coaches fault.