Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis signs Safety Corey Lynch

Coltsfan911

Great to see the GM finally signing available vets!

I think & hope that last open spot left on the roster will go to a veteran WR.

Up to this point he's been trying to replace injured guys with rookies & undrafted rookie free agents

or one year guys. 

Maybe because they're cheaper. But the success rate is much lower there.

The best hope for success usually is replacing injured guys with out of work veteran free agents as

they have game experience under their belts & a better chance of getting the job done.

Here's to hoping Grigson continue's with the vet free agent signing's when injuries arise or due to

ineffective play at a position.  

Peace

Great to see the GM finally signing available vets!

I think & hope that last open spot left on the roster will go to a veteran WR.

Up to this point he's been trying to replace injured guys with rookies & undrafted rookie free agents

or one year guys.

Maybe because they're cheaper. But the success rate is much lower there.

The best hope for success usually is replacing injured guys with out of work veteran free agents as

they have game experience under their belts & a better chance of getting the job done.

Here's to hoping Grigson continue's with the vet free agent signing's when injuries arise or due to

ineffective play at a position.

Peace

There are no more open roster spots. Lynch makes 53. The Colts are going with Hilton, Heyward-Bey, Brazill, and Rogers are the WR corp for this week.

I actually have not watched any Steeler games this year, I have been over here at moms for the holidays for about a week now, Im up to date on Colts games of course and have had time to watch the All 22 of he thumping we took by the Cardinals

General thoughts on receivers? My thoughts were no separation, poor route combinations, especially on third down.

General thoughts on receivers? My thoughts were no separation, poor route combinations, especially on third down.

1:29 1st Quarter inside the 10 yard line we went 5 wide and somehow some way nobody get open-Pitiful route running on that and route concept. I think it would have been a much better idea to take 1 of our wr's off the field on that play and pitched it up the middle to Brown or Richardson(leaving 1 of them in of course) on a delay while sending Coby out on a post route and having TY run underneath that with a slant.......Or sent Coby on an In Route and TY on a Slant........BAH! I can go on and on about what I would have done but in many different situations both on defense and offense throughout the year to this point. Even so as I am watching the All 22 now I see to many bad route concepts but to be fair our receivers are not deceiving anyone with there route running skills, Its pretty much line up, run the route that the play is called for and don't even try to fake the Corner or Safety or Linebacker out by faking something else to get free.....All around just bad

Tyler Brooke @TylerDBrooke

Antoine Bethea ranks as the seventh-worst safety in pass coverage this season, per @PFF

Lynch is a special teams player.. this team needs someone like Sherrod Martin who can come in and start at FS because Bethea has been awful in coverage.

I have no idea what has happen to Bethea. Don't know if its the Qb's having all day to throw the ball and us not being able to provide pressure. Or guys missing assignments and coverages getting blown up. I thought he would be one of those guys we would for sure lock up with a new deal. Now I don't know, maybe we look towards the draft. I love the kid from FSU Lamarcus Joyner, fast and physical also very instinctive like Polamalu. We should be able to get him in the 3rd or 4th.

We drafted Bethea in 06 right? Do safeties normally fall off after 7 years? I'd have to think no and that he should still have a couple more in the tank. What do I know though?

Yeah he should have a lot more. Just look at Ed Reed still playing in the league. Troy polamalu play harder and faster than Bethea and more at risk of getting injuries is still playing in the league. If those two are still here than I'm sure Bethea can last a little longer.

Could get rid of another player and call Whalen back up. Wouldn't surprise me.

Wouldn't surprise me either, and I hope that they do as I will feel more comfortable knowing we have more WRs active that can go into the game and conrtribute if someone else isn't or if they are dropping everything. Whalen isn't a world beater but overall he has good hands. Yea  he has dropped some but i really think that is lack of game time and nerves. He has also picked up some important yards that helped the Colts win. I will feel much more comfortable if we roll with 5 this Sunday.

Tyler Brooke @TylerDBrooke

Antoine Bethea ranks as the seventh-worst safety in pass coverage this season, per @PFF

Lynch is a special teams player.. this team needs someone like Sherrod Martin who can come in and start at FS because Bethea has been awful in coverage.

Bethea is a great character guy and has been a good tackler on bad defenses. (Angerer)

Like Freeney & Mathis who fans never held them accountable for hurting us in the run game, Bethea has Always been below par as a pass defender. I`m sure Irsay will remain loyal and resign him for to much $$$.

I'm really happy for Corey.  I've known of him since he went to ECS (an all grades Christian School) in Fort Myers, FL with my oldest daughter (cheerleader too).  His dad was football coach and they helped put ECS football on the map, and all of his boys went there and played for him.  While all were super talented, Corey was special.  He was the kid from Appalachian State that blocked the FG kick from Michigan at the end of the game to seal the upset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9zpDEsqrbs

He's Tim Tebow (talented Christian football player, not counting QB part) without being excessively overt about it, yet not hiding it either. He is a skilled football player and solidly goes about his business.  He also caught Billy Grahams granddaughter, (Franklin Graham's daughter) Cissie Graham Lynch, as his wife. He will be a great clubhouse influence.  I know how spectacular he was in HS, and that he made it all the way to the NFL and has played a few years in the NFL.  He's received accolades all the way through his football career and  I'm excited he is now on my favorite NFL team and I really pray for great things from him as a Colt.

http://www.goecs.org/january-2011-corey-lynch/

I would be shocked if Bethea is resigned. It's obvious that age has caught up with him even though he isn't that old. I agree with a few others that said he has been highly over rated by many here for yrs.. He has been a good player, but IMO he has never been real good and never close to great.

Bethea is a great character guy and has been a good tackler on bad defenses. (Angerer)

Like Freeney & Mathis who fans never held them accountable for hurting us in the run game, Bethea has Always been below par as a pass defender. I`m sure Irsay will remain loyal and resign him for to much $$$.

Just like he did with Freeney, right?

Oh, wait...

Bethea has been overhyped by some of us Indy fans for years honestly..He is easily replaceable......2 picks in the last 59 games and 23 passes defensed and 3 forced fumbles? Not much production for as much as he gets beat......I don't have a problem if a player gets beat sometimes as long as he is making plays but he hasn't made many plays BUT lets not overlook that he was a 6th round draft pick

Your wrong he is a hitter & good tackler an a very solid player, an an all star? Overrated? this year although he has had some interesting coverage plays. but honestly THE WHOLE DEFENSE has. Your never sure who f--up based on coverage basd on this man coverage which lately hasn't worked!

Your wrong he is a hitter & good tackler an a very solid player, an an all star? Overrated? this year although he has had some interesting coverage plays. but honestly THE WHOLE DEFENSE has. Your never sure who f--up based on coverage basd on this man coverage which lately hasn't worked!

Have you seen him defend One Play deep this season?

He is Always helplessly chasing. He made a couple deep int.`s 6-7 years ago and Homers remember it like it was yesterday.

He is a decent run stopper and yes a good tackler. Probably a good field general.

It is a passing league and we need a guy with More speed and Above average Ball Skills.

He is Always helplessly chasing. He made a couple deep int.`s 6-7 years ago and Homers remember it like it was yesterday.

He is a decent run stopper and yes a good tackler. Probably a good field general.

It is a passing league and we need a guy with More speed and Above average Ball Skills.

Yes people remember the mistakes not the plays when the coverage worked. I will agree though That Bethea is more of a SS than a FS!

Yes people remember the mistakes not the plays when the coverage worked. I will agree though That Bethea is more of a SS than a FS!

Bethea is a good character guy, he went to college in the town I currently live in. So I root for him. But his best attribute may be he's rarely injured. He hasn't missed many games in his career. He's seems to be just a pretty good safety. The most important aspects of the FS position may be pass defense & creating turnovers. Those may be his two worst aspects. Most of the great FS's, ie Palamalu & Ed Jones created turnovers. His tackling seems to be up & down also. Over all for his career I'd give him a C+ position grade. Not bad but hopefully we can find better next season.                               Peace

Hard to say since to QB might not throw the ball if Bethea is in position. So he can make many plays by simply forcing the Qb to go through he progression. But of course in this new world of fantasy football and madden all that anyone cares about now is INTs and sacks. Now dont get me wrong, hes played poorly so far this year. But so has the entire D. Zones stretch thin after 3-4 seconds. They cant cover these guys all day, pressure has got to get there...just like the back end has to tighten up to force the QB to move through his progressions. Its a symbiotic relationship so to speak and right now collectively they are playing bad...which makes everyone look awful.