Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Must Keep The Faith In Our Colts!

KirkCousins#8

Yes we're 0-6...currently.But DARE i say only three games back in our division.The texans/jags are done,so that just leaves the titans to overcome(which is quite possible).We have yet to play them.I seriously think a 7-9 mark gets it done this year within our weak division.But if that happens,then i'm for letting curtis play out the remainder of the year.If manning suddenly came into the mix and won the superbowl it would always have an *asterisk* next to it,because he didn't play during the regular season.

Honestly,..........you could play the "PLAYOFFS?????" video for me

I still pull for them to win but, I am not in the least thinking about the post season.

Just looking for them to pull it together and make something happen............

I can understand your perspective.But let's look at it this way,...shall we.How often do the titans,texans and jags go 7-9 or 8-8?Its almost yearly,and that's if they're lucky.So if we can get rollin' here,then its not out-of-the-question or realm of possibility.

Yes we're 0-6...currently.But DARE i say only three games back in our division.The texans/jags are done,so that just leaves the titans to overcome(which is quite possible).We have yet to play them.I seriously think a 7-9 mark gets it done this year within our weak division.But if that happens,then i'm for letting curtis play out the remainder of the year.If manning suddenly came into the mix and won the superbowl it would always have an *asterisk* next to it,because he didn't play during the regular season.

If (for 2 years in a row) a terrible team with a losing record made the playoffs, they would probably change the rules to prevent it from happening a 3rd time.

This isn't the NBA, if you have a losing record, you shouldn't be rewarded with a playoff birth.

The argument is moot anyway because the Colts will finish last in the division...they will be overachieving if they win 3 games this season

If (for 2 years in a row) a terrible team with a losing record made the playoffs, they would probably change the rules to prevent it from happening a 3rd time.

This part could spawn an interesting discussion....would they change the rules? I think they'd be more likely to realign divisions and move some teams around before they'd change the rules. If they were to change the rules so that a division winner did not get a guaranteed playoff spot then what would be the point of having divisions? They could just leave it split into the 2 conferences and do away with divisions.

Chances are nothing would be changed but it is interesting to consider the possibilities.

Are you the guy who called in to the Polian show stating that we can still win the division on Monday? I have a strange feeling you are that guy.

i think the colts can win out at 10-6, get the second seed, and with a little side help, ride home field to the lombardi

seriously, stranger things have [not] happened :)

Can I have a hit of what you're [not] smoking? :)

Edited by willysp

You must own a business that makes it's money by fans going the the games at lucas oil

You can honestly tell me that if, by some MIRACLE, we made the playoffs and Peyton was healthy, you would rather keep playing Painter? That's seriously the worst idea I've ever heard.

Yes,i would.Its his season now;he deserves to play it out,if we go anywhere positive.You can't just slam manning into the line-up right around playoff time and expect good results.That would be unfair to curtis and like i mentioned previously taint mannings image if we actually won it all.It wouldn't be a positive for manning's career and always be a debate for discussion.

Yep.... with "coaching" .. and a game plan,...... This is ...... with 6 former All Pros.... yet 0-6.

j

I can certainly appreciate your fandom...but one thing you have not taken into account with your equation of superbowl glory is this...while Painter and the offense will continue to get better...and EVENUALLY the defense will start to jive (benching Lacey was a start in the right direction)...the defense is made up of mostly undrafted FAs and other teams throw aways. A defense comprised of this quality of player takes a good coaching staff to make work...and frankly our coaching staff (imo) is the weakest part of the team. Teams with a bottom 5 ranked defense, a horrible coaching staff, an inexperienced qb and an 0-6 starting record...don't make the playoffs. Please don't misunderstand...the fan in me would LOVE for your theory to happen...the realist in me (and my complete distrust of everything ending in "coach" on the team) has to disagree. None the less...GO COLTS!

Edited by Chef-Jayson

Unless Peyton is walking through those doors tomorrow and suiting up this weekend we have no chance of making the playoffs. This team is nothing without him and Manning is not walking through those doors.

The playoffs have been a dream since this team they are just a bunch of guys and Manning.

Now I just hope they do not get embarrassed and we can get a top pick.

Yes,i would.Its his season now;he deserves to play it out,if we go anywhere positive.You can't just slam manning into the line-up right around playoff time and expect good results.That would be unfair to curtis and like i mentioned previously taint mannings image if we actually won it all.It wouldn't be a positive for manning's career and always be a debate for discussion.

Withhold Peyton in the playoffs when he could play in favor of Painter?

.... Wow.

Withhold Peyton in the playoffs when he could play in favor of Painter?

.... Wow.

I'm not saying painter is better than manning,because he's not.But in this type of situation,i would prefer to keep the engine rolling(if it ever actually gets started-up).And besides,what would actually happen if manning won the superbowl by not even playing in a single regular season game?The media would have a field day and he would always...always have an *asterisk* next to it.Now if painter pulled something like that off,then the circus would come to town!

This isn't the NBA, if you have a losing record, you shouldn't be rewarded with a playoff birth.

The argument is moot anyway because the Colts will finish last in the division...they will be overachieving if they win 3 games this season

I'm not sure but I don't think either of those teams started 0-6. Plus, their whole divisions were terrible.

You know, in considering this discussion, what do all of you think the Colts record would currently be if Manning had been healthy and playing all of these games? I think their record would be 5-1 and there would be a LOT of talk about the Super Bowl going on.

Without Manning, had the Kicking and Punt coverage not been absolutely atrocious, I think the Colts record would currently be 3-3 and they could very easily be sitting at 4-2 right now, with just another break or two.

The point being, the Colts do have a lot of talent, but there has been too many defensive and special teams coverage breakdowns and they have been lacking that "money" production from the QB / offense. In other words, there is a VERY thin line between winning and losing. During their 14-0 run a couple of years ago, in a lot of games the Colts were VERY lucky to have won.

Hence, though I disagree with the assertion that the team could go on a 7 game win streak over the next 10, such is NOT inconceivable. All that has to happen is that special teams kick and punt coverage has to solidify and the defensive secondary has to turn it around. On top of that, Painter has to make a leap to being a play producing leader rather than a mistake laden game manager. Oh, and the receivers need to get over the dropsies.

Honestly though, I don't see many wins at all happening, unless the aforementioned improvements occur.

special teams kick and punt coverage has to solidify and the defensive secondary has to turn it around. On top of that, Painter has to make a leap to being a play producing leader rather than a mistake laden game manager. Oh, and the receivers need to get over the dropsies.

I'd be happy with any of this

The number of places where this post is just flat out comical is astounding.

The 3-3 Texans are "done" but the 0-6 Colts are not? You do realize that easy part of the Colts' schedule is now behind and Houston soft part is just now starting, right? I am sure you realize that, a smart football guy like yourself.

And if the miracles of miracles happen and Painter leads them to the playoffs just in time for a healthy Manning to play again - you prefer Painter over Manning? Seriously?

And the asterick on Manning's Super Bowl win? First off, no there wouldn't. Simple as that. Secondly - it ain't happening anyway.

There is being a blind homer and then there CurtisTheKid.

The 3-3 Texans are "done" but the 0-6 Colts are not? You do realize that easy part of the Colts' schedule is now behind and Houston soft part is just now starting, right? I am sure you realize that, a smart football guy like yourself.

And if the miracles of miracles happen and Painter leads them to the playoffs just in time for a healthy Manning to play again - you prefer Painter over Manning? Seriously?

And the asterick on Manning's Super Bowl win? First off, no there wouldn't. Simple as that. Secondly - it ain't happening anyway.

so harsh J hahaha :clap: but correct

Jags...twice.Titans...twice,texans,saints and ravens.That would make us 7-9.This season isn't over guys.Our division is hurting...not just the colts.

The hold in the theory is us winning at New Orleans..

Other than NE that's the team we match up with worst..

Plus Tennesse and Houston have to split...and we have to win at Baltimore.

at Baltimore?

Dungy's video on the main page was inspiring. Man, I liked him.

It might have been bumped down, but do you mean this one?

http://www.colts.com...6e-d78e2d05838a

I wish he was coaching for us again. At least he talked a little bit of strategy with the whole 1-on-1 bit and blitzing schemes. If it was Caldwell on the Colts.com videos, Caldwell would have simply preached we need to do better on certain things, without sharing how. Of course, I'm sure Dungy would have liked to have said more, but he didn't want to feel like he's competing for Caldwell's job.

Edited by ReMeDy

So you're going to have a healthy Peyton Manning on the bench? That is pure and simple stupidity

I guess we all could be more like you,because you're a genius and all.Yes,i'll take a healthy game ready painter over manning late in the year.Weren't you one of the guys talking trash about painter before the season?Wow,...kinda' guess you were wrong about him mr.madden,right?But this forum is FULL of bright people like yourself. :lol:

The ravens aren't all that and we usually beat them.Plus flacco is due a 3 pick game.

We've had three picks all year so he might be due one but I doubt it's going to come against us. In fact our DBs tend to do things like drop INTs that hit them in the hands...

There is a lot of time between now and the Ravens game. Who knows what is going to happen or what the teams will even look like. I will say this we are clearly a match up problem for the Ravens though and I think before the year is out the Colts are going to beat someone really good not unlike how the 97 team beat the defending champion Packers. Maybe that team will be the Ravens.