Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB - Time to go.

Yinkgo

I think it's time to release DHB and give Da'Rick Rogers a shot. What does DHB bring to the offense that Rogers can't match. By releasing DHB now we could promote Rogers and evaluate his potential in real action. At least we could have a more clear picture of our WR situation. DHB is just not good and should not be considered as part of the long term plans.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would we release him? Benching or demoting is one thing, but there's no upside to cutting him.

Because a guy who's never played a significant down in the NFL MUST be better than him, right?

When I get depressed about losing a game, I can always count on this forum for some good laughs.

I have no issue with seeing Rodgers has anything but I don't know if releasing DHB is a move we should do to do that.  If you want to bring up Rodgers you cut a guy like Reed to make room for him.  We need to see how Whalen is.  We might not have to cut anyone to make room for Rodgers if he's hurt bad enough or we might have to bring Rodgers up or go get someone if Whalen is hurt. 

I think it's time to release DHB and give Da'Rick Rogers a shot. What does DHB bring to the offense that Rogers can't match. By releasing DHB now we could promote Rogers and evaluate his potential in real action. At least we could have a more clear picture of our WR situation. DHB is just not good and should not be considered as part of the long term plans.

Maybe he'd be a better fit at CB. ;)

Was hoping more from Brazzil, and it is hard to be happy with DHB. We just have to keep grinding.

The coaches, GM, and Owner have expressed a WIN NOW plan so they believe in vets. lol

Looking at some other PLAYERS does sound good. :thmup: 

I am not sure what is going on with Brazil, maybe they are playing different roles but it looks like Reed is even getting playing time before Brazil. 

I was ok with the signing as a fourth option behind Wayne, Allen, and TY, but now that he is a top option his inability to catch the ball consistently is really troublesome. The problem we face is who takes his spot as a top option? Whalen? Reed? Cutting him now just hurts Luck for now.

Now come offseason I hope Grigs has no thoughts of signing him again and we address the WR need through the draft.

I really don't get this guy, we're not asking to make one handed catches jumping 40 inches, can he just please catch a damn slant or one deep ball?

I'd be happy with the one the hit him in the hands or in the numbers. I'm just ready to move on from trying to get something that the Raiders couldn't get from him either, catching the ball. A lot of wasted talent without hands.

Because a guy who's never played a significant down in the NFL MUST be better than him, right?

When I get depressed about losing a game, I can always count on this forum for some good laughs.

Well although your sarcastic point may usually hold true. If you take time to compare the contribution between the two..... Rodgers has done just as much for the team on PS as DHB has done all year out there playing Dodgeball. Dhb should have been demoted last week

Well although your sarcastic point may usually hold true. If you take time to compare the contribution between the two..... Rodgers has done just as much for the team on PS as DHB has done all year out there playing Dodgeball. Dhb should have been demoted last week

Rogers scored a TD for us this year?

I missed that game. When was it?

Because DHB is the sole reason we lost today....we got our a$$ handed to us...end of story....we've seen everyone on the team drop passes and we always over-react....him dropping passes didn't let our qb get sacked over and over nor cause him to throw numerous picks.....or cause our secondary to let a ROOKIE that has been a massive dissapointment all year go off on us like he was the next coming of Jerry Rice.

I'll say this about DHB, and maybe I'll write an article about it this week.

DHB is one of the worst route runners in the NFL. I watched him very closely the last 2 games, and really studied his route running. He fails to break down properly on short/intermediate routes (ins/outs and hitches). He relies on his speed on a lot of his routes, and routes are about fundamentals. Reggie is not fast at all, but why does he always get open? Because he gets speed in and out of his cuts, and breaks down properly. He has to work on that, and get open.

I don't think DHB has horrible hands. I think he doesn't know how to use them properly lol. This is a guy that on every hook will attempt to catch with his body. Actually, screw the hooks, he does that on most routes. You cannot catch with your body, because it will bounce off your chest and you'll drop it. You'll definitely catch it sometimes, but you'll drop it a lot too. Work on the jugs machine all you want DHB, but if you keep using your body you will continue to drop the ball. 

So he's a terrible route runner and he doesn't know how to properly use his hands. The Colts can't really afford to bench him now because they're lacking depth and he's one of the few options, but after the season, they must look elsewhere.

So we should demote the guys who drop balls? I think that would leave... no one. Hilton and Reggie had more drops.

I'm not saying he's great, I'm using the same logic as with our O line. I have to assume the coaches have a better idea who to put out there than we do.

So we should demote the guys who drop balls? I think that would leave... no one. Hilton and Reggie had more drops.

I'm not saying he's great, I'm using the same logic as with our O line. I have to assume the coaches have a better idea who to put out there than we do.

I followed the logic that our coaches knew who to put out there too. In fact, I had made a post about it, stating that the coaches watch these guys practice everyday and they know who gives us the best chance to win.

Then Griff Whalen gets a chance to play the last two games. Behind TY, he's been the best receiver, 6 catches for 63 yards compared to DHB's 4 catches for 41 yards, Brazill's not close and neither is Reed.

So, if the coaches have elected to start DHB and place Brazill ahead of Whalen, it's possible they've overlooked other better options as well, like possibly Rodgers.

I think it is crystal clear to anyone with a brain the following, DHB:

1) is NOT the root of receiver problems (all the receivers have had issues catching at crucial points in the last 3 weeks).

2) has enormous problems catching balls thrown in catchable positions (i.e. balls thrown near his numbers and his hands).

3) has been consistently poor in catching for weeks now, this complaint thread is not a knee-jerk reaction.

4) is paid lots of money for what he does.  We appreciate how difficult it is, love him anyway, but other WR are able to accomplish it in spades every single week for other teams. 

He needs to go. Period.