Is Reggie Wayne a HOF'er?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

Is Reggie a HOF'er?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Is Reggie a HOF'er?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not yet, but he will be with more stats and/or SB's

I've seen some people say yes with certainty and some who were perplexed by the idea (srs)

I obviously think he should be, with a couple more decent seasons. 

- He's 8th all time in receptions. Should be 3rd by end of career

- 23rd in reception TD's. 10 TD's away from being top 10. Should get there with decent production for a couple of years. 

- 11th in receiving yards. With 2 more decently productive seasons he could be top 3. I found that pretty surprising actually

- Led league in receiving one year. 4 times top 3. 6 time Pro Bowler. 1 time All-Pro

- Good playoff stats as well (2nd all time in playoff receptions and decent other playoff stats as well)

- Very durable (besides recent injury)

- I think being with one team his whole career will help him as well. As will another potential SB :)

- Being an all around good guy has to help too. Never had off the field problems. Probably helps out in the community as well. 

So what do you think? HOF'er right now, Never, or give it time- more stats or SB's then yes?

It's good to know that no one was foolish enough to say flat out no in that poll. I can't see how anybody could deny him that status. Reggie is a consummate pro with great hands, great situational awareness, & the model of dependability. 

More SB rings would be nice sure, but as AllYouNeedisLuck indicated "He's 8th all time in receptions" right now I see nothing slowing Reggie down period. Wayne will be stronger than ever next season & pick up right where he left off. 

I hate it when I hear people say that he is an average WR that has just benefited statistically from playing with great QB's. This is something I argue about with my Dad all the time(he's a Vikings fan). People like this are just so ignorant. Anybody that has watched Reggie play throughout his career and seen some of the catches and plays he has made out on the field know that he is a special player. He is a class act and a great pro (kinda like one of my other favorite athletes Tim Duncan). He's a HOFer in my book.

Reggie's number are plenty good enough to warrant being in the HOF, the respect he gets from his peers, other HOFs, writers, coaches, GMs, and owners will make their decision very easy. I will not be surprised if he is a first ballot, specially when you compare him to some of the players that should be up for the HOF around the same time.

Carter  1101 recs, 13899 yards, 130 tds (0 superbowls)

Wayne  1006 recs, 13566 yards, 71 tds (1 superbowl - 2 apperances)

Reed 951 recs, 13198 yards, 87 tds (0 superbowls - 4 appearance)

Here are two other players that are similar to Reggie in career stats. Not as accomplished as Carter (HOF) but slightly more accomplished than Reed (not HOF). Today - at this moment - Reggie is very borderline HOF based on previous players inducted. Clearly wins dont mean anything to voters but they should. To me Reggie is an HOFer but so is Reed and the committee disagrees with me on him.

I've seen some people say yes with certainty and some who were perplexed by the idea (srs)

I obviously think he should be, with a couple more decent seasons. 

- He's 8th all time in receptions. Should be 3rd by end of career

- 23rd in reception TD's. 10 TD's away from being top 10. Should get there with decent production for a couple of years. 

- 11th in receiving yards. With 2 more decently productive seasons he could be top 3. I found that pretty surprising actually

- Led league in receiving one year. 4 times top 3. 6 time Pro Bowler. 1 time All-Pro

- Good playoff stats as well (2nd all time in playoff receptions and decent other playoff stats as well)

- Very durable (besides recent injury)

- I think being with one team his whole career will help him as well. As will another potential SB :)

- Being an all around good guy has to help too. Never had off the field problems. Probably helps out in the community as well. 

So what do you think? HOF'er right now, Never, or give it time- more stats or SB's then yes?

If this is the end of his career..(and it could be)..he's not a 1st ballot guy but he does get in..

Reggie Wayne is a hall of famer. Although the recent back log at WR concerns me. And I have had a lot of disagreements with hall of fame voting so you never know.

Here's an interesting question.

Lets assume Wayne comes back and has 3 more good but not all time great seasons. Under Luck during this time the Colts win another Super Bowl.

Who is the all time best Indianpolis Colts WR? Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison?

Who is the all time best Indianpolis Colts WR? Reggie Wayne or Marvin Harrison?

That's a lot like comparing two rare cognacs. The Lucien Fourcauld 1847 and the Sazerac de Forge 1858 will each set you back around ten grand a bottle. Both are exceptional. But each one has unique qualities that have withstood the test of time. The way I look at it, as  Colts fans we've been sipping some mighty fine cognacs over the years while the rest of the league as had to be content with much lesser spirits. We've been spoiled, to be sure.

Reggie gets in the HOF, with Strahan getting snubbed for the first ballot this past year, one would have to wonder if Reggie will be a serious first ballot candidate, but I don't think there is a question if he gets in...

He has two Superbowl appearances, one win, & he is the epitome of leadership & class, I would think those attributes would help his case...

After looking at Mathis' stats & the all time career sack leaders, I would argue that Mathis has a very real chance as a HOF candidate, assuming he can get the 11 more sacks this season to get the single season sack record & assuming he plays a few more seasons since he seems to be showing no signs of slowing down...

so if Mathis is in serious contention, one would think that Reggie is a shoe-in...

Carter  1101 recs, 13899 yards, 130 tds (0 superbowls)

Wayne  1006 recs, 13566 yards, 71 tds (1 superbowl - 2 apperances)

Reed 951 recs, 13198 yards, 87 tds (0 superbowls - 4 appearance)

Here are two other players that are similar to Reggie in career stats. Not as accomplished as Carter (HOF) but slightly more accomplished than Reed (not HOF). Today - at this moment - Reggie is very borderline HOF based on previous players inducted. Clearly wins dont mean anything to voters but they should. To me Reggie is an HOFer but so is Reed and the committee disagrees with me on him.

Reggie has 80 TDs.

I have serious doubts he will accumulate much more in stats.

His numbers are enough to get him there, because he has made so many great plays on Prime Time TV and playing east of the Mississippi.

And when ANY Fan, HOF voter considers Character & Leadership, he is the Man you are Proud to put in that Yellow Jacket.

I hate it when I hear people say that he is an average WR that has just benefited statistically from playing with great QB's. This is something I argue about with my Dad all the time(he's a Vikings fan). People like this are just so ignorant. Anybody that has watched Reggie play throughout his career and seen some of the catches and plays he has made out on the field know that he is a special player. He is a class act and a great pro (kinda like one of my other favorite athletes Tim Duncan). He's a HOFer in my book.

Man, you just called your Dad ignorant

Do the Mafia eat spaghetti?

Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?

Does Gerard Depardeau like a pastry?

Does Peyton Manning scowl as if someone has stolen a fromage frais from his lunchbox after an interception?

Is Interception the biggest piece of pseudo intelligent nonsense ever filmed?

Is Flubber the worst movie ever?

Is BHC drunk?