Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB listed as Questionable Sunday

T Y Goodbye

I just saw in my Fantasy report, that DHB has a hamstring issue...

Thu, Oct 31

Darrius Heyward-Bey was added to the Colts' injury report Thursday with a hamstring issue, getting in a limited session.

Advice: It means DHB likely pulled up lame in Thursday's practice. It's possible the Colts are just exercising an abundance of caution, but Heyward-Bey's Friday status will be critical. The news further dilutes his already shaky WR3 value.

(Rotoworld.com)

Definitely not good news for us if he can't play.

Darrius Heyward-Bey limited by hamstring injury

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/31/darrius-heyward-bey-limited-by-hamstring-injury/

The Colts will play their first game since losing wide receiver Reggie Wayne for the rest of the season on Sunday night, which makes it exactly the wrong time for another one of their receivers to come down with an injury.

Hamstrings aren’t much for timing, however. Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey popped up on the team’s injury report on Thursday as a limited participant in practice because of a hamstring injury after not showing up on the injury report at all on Wednesday.

That suggests Heyward-Bey tweaked the muscle at some point during the week, which will make his status on Friday a big indicator of what kind of shape he’ll be in when the Colts face the Texans.

With Wayne out, Heyward-Bey and T.Y. Hilton will step into expanded roles as targets for Andrew Luck. Any absences for either player would push the relatively untested LaVon Brazill, David Reed and Griff Whalen into big roles as the Colts try to hold onto their lead in the AFC South.

we will see what waken does I his 4th string role should add a pair of good hands collie like the jury is out on walen

If Whalen gets snaps and Whalen gets targets then yes we will see and the jury will come in. Pronouncing Whalen good or bad before he gets snaps and targets is not meaningful. Raymond Berry was too slow, Steve Largent was too slow, the list is even longer of really speedy player who couldn't hold on to the throw or take the hit.....let's just wait and see.....and in the meantime I'll be optimistic based on the record of this coaching staff taking unknown unheralded player and getting good play from them.

I just hope this season doesn't end up like Peyton's last season with the Colts when virtually all of the receivers went down with injuries and we Blair White and Jacob Tamme coming off the practice squad. 

Tamme did not come off the practice squad to replace Dallas. Tamme was a very good Special Teams player for 3 years before he got snaps.

If Whalen gets snaps and Whalen gets targets then yes we will see and the jury will come in. Pronouncing Whalen good or bad before he gets snaps and targets is not meaningful. Raymond Berry was too slow, Steve Largent was too slow, the list is even longer of really speedy player who couldn't hold on to the throw or take the hit.....let's just wait and see.....and in the meantime I'll be optimistic based on the record of this coaching staff taking unknown unheralded player and getting good play from them.

Let's hope for me , u and the colts sake walen comes on strong on 3rd down cause we need somebody to step up and beat single coverage or what ever the case maybe I'll take sure hands over speed any day to be honest

Let's hope for me , u and the colts sake walen comes on strong on 3rd down cause we need somebody to step up and beat single coverage or what ever the case maybe I'll take sure hands over speed any day to be honest

I agree. I firmly believe that there are many routes that the receiver must do something to create space between himself and the defender but I also firmly believe there are some formations and routes (TRIPS) where the formation and route work together to create the space for the completion especially on the short routes but the ball will be on the receiver quickly and the receiver is going to be hit and will have to control the catch to the ground hands are essential (speed here is not essential). I would ask who has the best hands after Reggie? It could be TY but if it is not TY then I think Griff might be the guy and is that enough to make him useful to the Colts if the routes he can run are more limited….I don't know….but I do know there are some famously slow receivers (Steve Largent) that have been successful.