Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our man, Donald Brown

oldunclemark

He caught a few passes,,,he made a few runs....

........he blocked well...

he was on the field in the fourth quarter...

He's the punt protector..he's a special teams player

..and he's NEVER fumbled...

A lot of Colts backs come and go.....

......Donald Brown just keeps on coming!!!

Its time to say it. Repeat after me: Donald Brown is a really good player!!

Donald Brown is a really good player!!

DB has impressed me. And to the people saying he's only running well because he's running out of spread sets, that's a lie. The last 2 weeks, he's been featured more and has had good runs out of the same power formations Richardson runs into linemen behind

He caught a few passes,,,he made a few runs....

........he blocked well...

he was on the field in the fourth quarter...

He's the punt protector..he's a special teams player

..and he's NEVER fumbled...

A lot of Colts backs come and go.....

......Donald Brown just keeps on coming!!!

Its time to say it. Repeat after me: Donald Brown is a really good player!!

Donald Brown is a really good player!!

He's doing well for himself.  Very exciting to see.

Supe,.,..do you see any way we resign him...??

Just asking..because I'm afraid I don't..

But he's always given us everything he's got

I'm not Supe, but I will bite on this one anyway, lol.

I think he does get resigned.  I think he has done enough to validate his place on this roster moving forward.

Richardson is a given to be back, Ballard (if fully recovered from surgery) will be back, and I think that leaves Bradshaw the odd man out.  They could have 4 RBs and a FB though, so maybe they all are back.  

I just hate to see Brown get the shaft because he has come in and made plays this year.

I think he gets resigned with how he's been playing lately as long as his asking price is right (read vet minimum).  I'm sure most noticed last night that he got a lot more of the workload and with how Richardson is playing that will probably continue.  You also need a speedy guy as a backup to a power guy, it just seems to work a lot better.  

Guest TeamLoloJones

The record shows that Brown is a good blocker who has not lost a fumble in 5 years in the NFL

That's why Chuck has him out there in the 4th quarter.

Repeat after me: Donald Brown is a really good player!!

You can say it. It doesn't hurt/

Brown got his chance to step up when Ballard and Bradshaw went down...and you know what?  He has stepped up.  Good for you Donald.

Donald Brown is pure hustle. If he gets enough carries, he is going to eventually bust something big. He has the ability to be a featured back which becomes more evident as our o-line gets more solid with the run blocking and as the focus on the run has increased under Pep. I actually favor Donald over all other backs on our team. It is crucial that we use him increasingly throughout the season and for many seasons to come.

I don't know how anyone could not respect the way Brown has conducted himself. The Colts have brought in back after back, and Brown continues to go out and do what ever the team ask, he doesn't complain, mope or cop an attitude, he just plays as hard as he can and does what is asked. True pro, he has been huge for this team and deserves a lot of respect.

What about those of us who have been saying Donald Brown is all that since he came on board? :D

You're clearly a better man then myself haha.

I always wanted him to succeed and do well for the team. But honestly I thought this was his last year here coming into the season. Now? I hope he stays for the right price. He's been impressive since the Richardson trade.

Supe,.,..do you see any way we resign him...??

Just asking..because I'm afraid I don't..

But he's always given us everything he's got

I think we could.  I don't see us bringing Bradshaw back.  So I could see us rolling with Ballard, Brown, and Richardson.

I'm amazed at how many people are in love with Donald Brown right now. Weren't most of these people looking for him to be cut?

He has improved his play drastically.  Just because he didn't live up to his hype before, doesn't mean he is always in the doghouse.  If a player plays well, then we cheer for him.  Tim Jennings was terrible in Indy, but has done really well in Chicago.  If a player changes how he is playing, I don't see anything wrong with people changing their opinions

I'm amazed at how many people are in love with Donald Brown right now. Weren't most of these people looking for him to be cut? 

Yeah, like 2 weeks ago. I think most people's issue with Brown is that the Colts used a 1st round pick on him. If he were a 3rd or 4th rounder, everyone would say he was a diamond in the rough.

DB has impressed me. And to the people saying he's only running well because he's running out of spread sets, that's a lie. The last 2 weeks, he's been featured more and has had good runs out of the same power formations Richardson runs into linemen behind

I also think DB has done very well this year. But I will like to point out that against the Broncos, when running more out of the power formations, he averaged 2.1 YPC. So I think your post is a little misleading on the comparison of the two backs.

I don’t point this out to slam DB, but rather to give the people who dislike Richardson something to think about.

If Trent got more snaps, we wouldn't be talking about DB, because he would be putting up much better numbers.  DB has an advantage over Trent because the Colts are much more unpredictable with him on the field.  Pep is certainly taking advantage of the fact that no defense respects DB like they do Trent.

Or just maybe at this point in Richardsons career Brown is simply better at reading blocking angles and certainly better at taking care of the ball, Better blocker to, problem with him is his size when it comes to blocking consistently

As Pagano says DB is a pro and he is a team player willing to fill any role asked of him and he has the resume to prove that statement. When a guy is a #1 and is willing to go down to 3/4 th string, play special teams, punt protect, and get only 2/3 carries and takes all of that like a pro....then when his turn comes back around because of injuries he produces.....he's earned respect and kudos. If fans can't bring themselves to do that they are not really fans...they are posers.

I'm glad to see that DB is moving out of "whipping boy" status.  Yes, he can still work on his blocking and his hands are still a bit questionable in my mind, but he's nowhere near as bad as most have said.  He just needs to stay healthy.

Or just maybe at this point in Richardsons career Brown is simply better at reading blocking angles and certainly better at taking care of the ball, Better blocker to, problem with him is his size when it comes to blocking consistently

maybe he isj sut on a bad role (regarding the fumbles)...i think he hadnt lost a single fumble since college?

Yeah, like 2 weeks ago. I think most people's issue with Brown is that the Colts used a 1st round pick on him. If he were a 3rd or 4th rounder, everyone would say he was a diamond in the rough.

and those same people are thrilled about spending a 1st on richardson. go figure.

I just wish he had shown something in the previous seasons. If he continues to produce like he has through the rest of the season, I'd like to see the Colts bring him back, but let's not break the bank on him.

I just wish he would've shown something before Grigson wasted our 1st round pick