Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans and their demise...

IcEWoLF

Lol @ "Texans fans are suddendly M.I.A"...apparently we both should just sit here and enjoy the gut punches you're dealing out while we're down? Sorry, not in my best interests, I could be doing much more productive things like throwing myself down a flight of stairs.

Funny thing is, when you guys were 0 and forever back in 2011, I don't ever remember taking shots at the Colts or their fans, laughing at you guys when you were struggling so bad, but hey it's your forum so do what you wish.

What can I say Vance I guess us Colts fans are just "corny" too bad the Seahawks couldn't put us in our place :)

I guess we just aren't classy like Texans fans are.....

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope J.J. Watt demands to be traded to a legitimate organization like the Colts so his talent doesn't continue to be wasted and he can feel what it's like to play for a championship organization and not a glorified expansion team with no leaders or future...Maybe the Texans will be sold and move to LA and get new ownership like the Oilers did and then they might at least have a chance...

I'll trade a 2015 1st round plus 2014 2nd and 3rd round for JJ Watt.  

Our defense would be scary good with him in the lineup.  

I doubt JJ Watt would demand a trade.  He's got too much character for that. 

What has changed since last year with the Texans? They are healthier yet they have nothing to show for it. Yesterday's game against a so-so Rams club was a display of quitting and quitting way too early in the season, at home, in front of their fans. When this happens to any team there has to be a shake up of some kind even it does not result in a win. Adding to the teams problems there I a fans issue now and the media is making it worse by hinting it is the majority of fans. Keep in mind this town has a horrible baseball team ad a mediocre basketball team. What to do? You tell me.

I'll trade a 2015 1st round plus 2014 2nd and 3rd round for JJ Watt.  

Our defense would be scary good with him in the lineup.  

I doubt JJ Watt would demand a trade.  He's got too much character for that. 

You can see his frustration and how bad he wants to win..It's sad really..I agree he would never do that most likely, but a guy can dream ..

What has changed since last year with the Texans? They are healthier yet they have nothing to show for it. Yesterday's game against a so-so Rams club was a display of quitting and quitting way too early in the season, at home, in front of their fans. When this happens to any team there has to be a shake up of some kind even it does not result in a win. Adding to the teams problems there I a fans issue now and the media is making it worse by hinting it is the majority of fans. Keep in mind this town has a horrible baseball team ad a mediocre basketball team. What to do? You tell me.

The Rockets are gonna be really good so I won't call them mediocre...James Harden is a killer and is starting to get help...

Guess what? We beat Peyton Manning last year. With a weaker squad than we had in 2011. And last I checked the Colts got to the playoffs last year as well, and were a game behind us....and we still won it. It's not like we were playing against spring chickens. Try to discredit the Texans if you want but it is a bad trolling attempt. We did enjoy it, and hopefully will continue to do so if we get back to playing Texan football the way I know we can.

How does beating the Broncos last year prove that you would've won the division if Manning weren't hurt and playing for the Colts in 2011? I'm missing something here

If it's any consolation to you Qwiz, I'd rather put up with the Texans threatening the division title than have to defend Luck against the Redskins telling me that RGIII is the next greatest thing since Peyton Manning.  Unfortunately, you're both doing pretty bad so you don't have much to bargain with at this point :sarcasm: .  I feel for guys like Watt and Foster though. 

I'm a Colts fan so I think its terrific!  People talk about feeling bad for the Texans :scratch:   I'm sure the Texans really felt bad for the Colts when Manning missed a year and Indy imploded...yeah right.

Time for the Texans to get behind the Colts for another decade. 

Guess what? We beat Peyton Manning last year. With a weaker squad than we had in 2011. And last I checked the Colts got to the playoffs last year as well, and were a game behind us....and we still won it. It's not like we were playing against spring chickens. Try to discredit the Texans if you want but it is a bad trolling attempt. We did enjoy it, and hopefully will continue to do so if we get back to playing Texan football the way I know we can.

You guys were 10-1 at one point last year, don't try to say that last years team was worse than 2011. If anything, 2011's was about the same level if not worse considering you guys lost to the Dan Orlovosky lead 1-13 Colts.

Nobody in Colts land cares that you beat Denver last year. Manning didn't play for the Colts last year and really the year prior to it in 2011. Two division title banners is all you guys will see.

You guys had a healthy Matt Schaub and still got bounced out in the divisional. Which is another point that we have said plenty of times that is still true in that Schaub can't stay healthy.. And at this point pass the ball either.

We had a team full of rookie coaches and players and only won one less game than your team that's been "built for Super Bowls" the past three years.

It's Case Keenum time!

I think if they fire Kubiak and place Wade Philips as interim HC and start Keenum they could get a spark and maybe salvage the season and get a good coach and draft a QB next year..They have good talent just need new leadership and a REAL QB...

6 games into the season....6, They have a pretty good QB, Not a great QB but a pretty good one and thats more then we know about any QB thats coming out of college so far

I think if they fire Kubiak and place Wade Philips as interim HC and start Keenum they could get a spark and maybe salvage the season and get a good coach and draft a QB next year..They have good talent just need new leadership and a REAL QB...

It's pretty unusual to fire a HC midseason, but if they did, it wouldn't be until later in the season when it's more appropriate to throw in the towel.  If they lost a majority of the next 6 or 8 games, then yeah, it is a possibility.  Even then, it's a toss up as to whether they let them finish out the season.

I said it in the off-season when many were picking the Texans as AFC champs. They lack leadership (on and off field), their window started shutting fast in 2011 and nothing said they would do anything different than under-perform in 2013. 

The only threat to the Colts lies outside of our division. Something we'll confront in the Divisional round down the road. 

It's only week 6

Yes, only week six and currently 2.5 games behind the Colts. They have KC and then the Colts in the next 2 weeks. If the Colts take care of business the Texans will be 3 games behind after week 6 with a tough future. KC and Miami playing well, likely only one team coming out of the AFC South (Colts), the division winner..... Only week six and in 2 more weeks they could be done for the year! GO COLTS

Imagine if it were the Colts 2-4 and Luck was smelling up the NFL  Pagano is saying  "tough choice , he's killing the team , but I'll give him one more week." If any of you (Colt fans) had been on the Texan board and had argued that Luck was better than Schaub and the Colts were > Texans ,do think your "feelings" would be spared ?  This is a Colts board and it has every right and reason to be basking in the sun when it's main rival poops the bed. I like Quiz also but guys and girls , this is a Colts board and much of this comes with the territory.

Imagine if it were the Colts 2-4 and Luck was smelling up the NFL Pagano is saying "tough choice , he's killing the team , but I'll give him one more week." If any of you (Colt fans) had been on the Texan board and had argued that Luck was better than Schaub and the Colts were > Texans ,do think your "feelings" would be spared ? This is a Colts board and it has every right and reason to be basking in the sun when it's main rival poops the bed. I like Quiz also but guys and girls , this is a Colts board and much of this comes with the territory.

long live Matt Schaub in Houston!!!

Imagine if it were the Colts 2-4 and Luck was smelling up the NFL  Pagano is saying  "tough choice , he's killing the team , but I'll give him one more week." If any of you (Colt fans) had been on the Texan board and had argued that Luck was better than Schaub and the Colts were > Texans ,do think your "feelings" would be spared ?  This is a Colts board and it has every right and reason to be basking in the sun when it's main rival poops the bed. I like Quiz also but guys and girls , this is a Colts board and much of this comes with the territory.

Even though I don't like it, well said.

I never tire of the Jets pooping the bed and calling them on it and they have been awful for decades ....

You guys were 10-1 at one point last year, don't try to say that last years team was worse than 2011. If anything, 2011's was about the same level if not worse considering you guys lost to the Dan Orlovosky lead 1-13 Colts.

Nobody in Colts land cares that you beat Denver last year. Manning didn't play for the Colts last year and really the year prior to it in 2011. Two division title banners is all you guys will see.

You guys had a healthy Matt Schaub and still got bounced out in the divisional. Which is another point that we have said plenty of times that is still true in that Schaub can't stay healthy.. And at this point pass the ball either.

We had a team full of rookie coaches and players and only won one less game than your team that's been "built for Super Bowls" the past three years.

It's Case Keenum time!

Well whether we roll with Yates or Keenum it wouldn't be the first time we won in the playoffs without Schaub while the Colts sat on the couch lol

Lol every Texans fan said last year the only reason they didn't win it all the year before was because Schaub wasn't healthy. He was healthy last year and they still got put out in the same round.

And we still won in the playoffs....wow I didn't know every team stays the exact same every year. This is groundbreaking.

How does beating the Broncos last year prove that you would've won the division if Manning weren't hurt and playing for the Colts in 2011? I'm missing something here

It doesn't. I'm simply using the logic of the people who use the Manning excuse for 2011 as if he is a god who would have obliterated the 2011 Texans or something.

Fair enough. I'm pretty sure we've had this discussion before but don't be offended if I put on my best Dick Sherman face and raid the board whenever the Colts lose again and if they lose to the Texans. Because it's only natural between rivals, right? So it is a two-way street. Fair enough.

Fair enough. I'm pretty sure we've had this discussion before but don't be offended if I put on my best Dick Sherman face and raid the board whenever the Colts lose again and if they lose to the Texans. Because it's only natural between rivals, right? So it is a two-way street. Fair enough.

The Texans are staring 2-5 right in the face. You either need thicker skin, or stop coming to a colts board.

It doesn't. I'm simply using the logic of the people who use the Manning excuse for 2011 as if he is a god who would have obliterated the 2011 Texans or something.

I get that. But I don't think it's unfair to say that you guys didn't have any real competition that year, and that if Manning weren't injured, your chances of winning the division wouldn't have been as favorable as they were without him playing. 

And as for last year, even though the Texans won the division, you guys pretty much wet the bed at LOS when you had a chance to lock up home field in the AFC. We had nothing to play for and still beat you guys. There's no minimizing how epic a choke job that was.  

The Texans are staring 2-5 right in the face. You either need thicker skin, or stop coming to a colts board.

My skin is plenty thick enough considering I'm still here. The people quoting me and others adding their two cents are the ones who are insistent on keeping this thread going.

I get that. But I don't think it's unfair to say that you guys didn't have any real competition that year, and that if Manning weren't injured, your chances of winning the division wouldn't have been as favorable as they were without him playing. 

And as for last year, even though the Texans won the division, you guys pretty much wet the bed at LOS when you had a chance to lock up home field in the AFC. We had nothing to play for and still beat you guys. There's no minimizing how epic a choke job that was.  

True. There seems to be a curse on us as far LOS is concerned. But hey, it's '13, maybe bad luck can be reversed. :) In any case I'm thinking of getting tickets to the game at Reliant and I'll be watching both games closely. Hopefully the eyes on both sides see the same thing.

True. There seems to be a curse on us as far LOS is concerned. But hey, it's '13, maybe bad luck can be reversed. :) In any case I'm thinking of getting tickets to the game at Reliant and I'll be watching both games closely. Hopefully the eyes on both sides see the same thing.

Even though you guys are struggling right now, I'm not dumb enough to say that you're not a threat to take either game this year. The season is still young and a lot can happen

My skin is plenty thick enough considering I'm still here. The people quoting me and others adding their two cents are the ones who are insistent on keeping this thread going.

no, you responding to every negative thing said about the Texans is what keeps it going. And usually leads to a thread getting locked.

Even though you guys are struggling right now, I'm not dumb enough to say that you're not a threat to take either game this year. The season is still young and a lot can happen

Yeah, but until our act gets cleaned up and we can actually win at home I'm reseving judgment or expecting much out of us. If we get out of the hole against a hot Chiefs team this week at least a bit of my confidence can be renewed.

no, you responding to every negative thing said about the Texans is what keeps it going. And usually leads to a thread getting locked.

Nope, I only responded to the posters who quoted me. It's just common courtesy. I'm participating in other threads too, if you don't think I'm branching out enough. I'm glad we have more than just the usual Bronco/Patriot thread thing going on lately.

Of coarse it's a two way street and you are free to raid the board all you want. I'm sure you'll find that the mods will close your thread if there is anything the least bit inflammatory. Again part of the territory for being on a Colt board. We have a bit more leeway bashing the Texans than you do bashing the Colts. Fair... nope but true. Furthermore... do you really think if the Colts lose a game   " whenever the Colts lose again and if they lose to the Texans"    as you state , that is the same as this horrendous implosion your QB , team and even fans have exhibited  ? I think maybe you meant to say "if your team disintegrates " rather than say "when they lose a game."...right ? 

BTW.. I'm not saying your team id done. They can come back from this as they have an incredible amount of good players on that roster.

Of coarse it's a two way street and you are free to raid the board all you want. I'm sure you'll find that the mods will close your thread if there is anything the least bit inflammatory. Again part of the territory for being on a Colt board. We have a bit more leeway bashing the Texans than you do bashing the Colts. Fair... nope but true. Furthermore... do you really think if the Colts lose a game   " whenever the Colts lose again and if they lose to the Texans"    as you state , that is the same as this horrendous implosion your QB , team and even fans have exhibited  ? I think maybe you meant to say "if your team disintegrates " rather than say "when they lose a game."...right ? 

BTW.. I'm not saying your team id done. They can come back from this as they have an incredible amount of good players on that roster.

You're right. I'll just have to be sneaky as I go about my sabotage....I probably wouldn't start a thread but I'll leave a few snarky comments here and there to the guys I've been getting into it with the past few weeks lol. But no I meant lose a game....I don't usually go snooping in the Colts section after a loss as I know people don't react well to losses and we both know how it gets after a sack or even a busted play with people overreacting. And I appreciate it...I wouldn't say we are done either but my confidence in them winning any game has taken a nosedive. Losing to the Rams will do that to you lol.

You're right. I'll just have to be sneaky as I go about my sabotage....I probably wouldn't start a thread but I'll leave a few snarky comments here and there to the guys I've been getting into it with the past few weeks lol. But no I meant lose a game....I don't usually go snooping in the Colts section after a loss as I know people don't react well to losses and we both know how it gets after a sack or even a busted play with people overreacting. And I appreciate it...I wouldn't say we are done either but my confidence in them winning any game has taken a nosedive. Losing to the Rams will do that to you lol.

Lots of teams that can be "sneaky good " this year. I would say , Rams , Titans , Cards and probably the team we play tonight would also qualify. If you don't bring your A game they can give you a good beating. Your team is probably better off that they were pummeled rather than "nipped." Good chance it wakes them up. But they have to hope that QB situation plays out OK. The other stuff like a top rated defense (stat wise) is 32nd in ed zone defense can be straightened out. If your QB's are head cases and unproven young guys , that one might be a lot tougher. Plus what do they say about the ankle injury ?