Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans and their demise...

IcEWoLF

Last year a playoff threat team, this year, they risk not to make it to the playoffs at all.

So Texan fans, what should the Texans do now?

I personally think Gary Kubiak is this close from losing the locker room, I think he should be replaced by someone like Lovie Smith.

They need to have TJ Yates start, also they need to draft a big time wide receiver next year, Andre Johnson is not getting any younger or healthier, they need someone that can draw double teams.

The Texans defense will be fine, but the offense needs to help them out, otherwise they will get blown out every game.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure I feel Yates is the real long term answer? He was a fun underdog kid to watch in 2011 but that was an awesome D/o line in Houston too all season long. It has not been the same for them IMO since last year when Rodgers threw those 6 TDs vs. them in prime time and almost seemed to expose them.....

So I disagree a bit on the defensive side. They have a good reputation and have had good statistical rankings a lot but I think they can be had there too.

It's only week 6

Yes but if the Colts beat the Chargers on Monday they are two up in the division and three up on the Texans have two wins in the head-to-head common foes tie breaker.  That makes the game in Houston almost a must win for the Texans against the Colts in terms of the division.  Of course if the Texans get that game and Colts lose one or both of their next two games it's a very different game in the AFC South but I don't think I see the Colts losing three in a row with a bye week in there. No team can win the division this early but someone can lose it.  The Texans have looked pretty bad through six weeks if they don't get it figured out soon they could be in real trouble.

Yes but if the Colts beat the Chargers on Sunday they are two up in the division and have two wins in the head-to-head common foes tie breaker.  That makes the game in Houston almost a must win for the Texans against the Colts in terms of the division.  Of course if the Texans get that game and Colts lose one or both of their next two games it's a very different game in the AFC South but I don't think I see the Colts losing three in a row with a bye week in there. No team can win the division this early but someone can lose it.  The Texans have looked pretty bad through six weeks if they don't get it figured out soon they could be in real trouble.

Yeah they have not looked too good to me even in their wins early in the season. It's just not a very good football team this year IMO. People are expecting more due to the last few years. They won't lose every game the rest of the year but they don't look good.

Not every team has longevity though. What we see with the Manning/Brady led teams are rare. If we go on a run to the playoffs every year like that with Luck it will be rare as well. You do need the QB though I feel.....I think we have him but we are only in year 2.

With the Texans there are scattered pieces of talents on that team without any real feeling of cohesion or identity to me.

2-4 through 6 is very very bad for the Texans. Considering odds are they need to win at least 10 games to take division, they have 10 games to play with multiple tough opponents. They have Den, Ne, KC, us (x2), now unless they plan to sweep us and take KC, I see at least 3 losses in those 5 match-ups, minimum. Now while they could take some games we don't expect them too, the way they are playing odds are they won't.

This talk of Yates needing to start 2 picks and 2 sacks later in 3 games (which he did not even start) needs to stop lol, ya dont sit a proven vet 6 games into the season for a guy that has  got 3 td's and 6 picks in his career in 5 starts....and he proved it today

This talk of Yates needing to start 2 picks and 2 sacks later in 3 games (which he did not even start) needs to stop lol, ya dont sit a proven vet 6 games into the season for a guy that has  got 3 td's and 6 picks in his career in 5 starts....and he proved it today

They might not have a choice depending on how bad the injury to Schaub is.

The players are 100% behind Kubiak, he is in no way losing the locker room. Yates is not the answer, that much was obvious today. Hopkins is a stud and is a leading rookie receiver and will be a beast for many years to come. He is learning from one of the best who, while not getting younger, is going out there playing hurt each and every week and playing well in order to help his team get a win. This isn't a demise, this is a humbling and a lesson that we have to learn from. Don't count us as dead yet, and winning the division two years in a row is no fluke. I hope I answered all of your questions.

The players are 100% behind Kubiak, he is in no way losing the locker room. Yates is not the answer, that much was obvious today. Hopkins is a stud and is a leading rookie receiver and will be a beast for many years to come. He is learning from one of the best who, while not getting younger, is going out there playing hurt each and every week and playing well in order to help his team get a win. This isn't a demise, this is a humbling and a lesson that we have to learn from. Don't count us as dead yet, and winning the division two years in a row is no fluke. I hope I answered all of your questions.

Winning the division two years in a row was a fluke. First year Peyton Manning wasn't playing and last year Luck and half of the roster were rookies. Hope you enjoyed it!!!!

Winning the division two years in a row was a fluke. First year Peyton Manning wasn't playing and last year Luck and half of the roster were rookies. Hope you enjoyed it!!!!

Guess what? We beat Peyton Manning last year. With a weaker squad than we had in 2011. And last I checked the Colts got to the playoffs last year as well, and were a game behind us....and we still won it. It's not like we were playing against spring chickens. Try to discredit the Texans if you want but it is a bad trolling attempt. We did enjoy it, and hopefully will continue to do so if we get back to playing Texan football the way I know we can.

Guess what? We beat Peyton Manning last year. And last I checked the Colts got to the playoffs last year as well, and were a game behind us....and we still won it, hmmm.....Nice trolling attempt. We did enjoy it, and will continue to enjoy it if we get back to playing like we have been the past two years.

:facepalm: Is beating Peyton Manning the Texans version 375?  You do know most Colts fans really don't care that the Texans beat Peyton Manning and the Broncos last year right? 

Also you are right you did win the division last year and I am not going to call any division champion a fluke but winning it after the team you have been trying to over come's super star QB got hurt and missed the full year and then beating a team who was supposed to be in year one of rebuilding mood isn't something to crow too much about and sure isn't the samething as say beating the Colts when Manning and his teams here were in their prime.  With that said I do think it is a bit of a cheap shot to call them flukes as another person did. 

Qwiz, again two wrongs don't make a right, dude wasn't right to try to rile you up but name calling back doesn't help just my two cents. 

:facepalm: Is beating Peyton Manning the Texans version 375?  You do know most Colts fans really don't care that the Texans beat Peyton Manning and the Broncos last year right? 

Also you are right you did win the division last year and I am not going to call any division champion a fluke but winning it after the team you have been trying to over come's super star QB got hurt and missed the full year and then beating a team who was supposed to be in year one of rebuilding mood isn't something to crow too much about and sure isn't the samething as say beating the Colts when Manning and his teams here were in their prime.  With that said I do think it is a bit of a cheap shot to call them flukes as another person did. 

Qwiz, again two wrongs don't make a right, dude wasn't right to try to rile you up but name calling back doesn't help just my two cents. 

Dude...I only mentioned Peyton Manning because he insinuated that we wouldn't have won the division if you guys had him back in 2011. I'm not doing it for kicks, and I'm not the one who deserves that emoticon. I'm not "crowing" I am sticking up for my team and am trying not to be confrontational doing it and you all were much better than expected, no one here is going to argue that, and we managed to win the division even after struggling against you guys in the second game. And he is the definition of a troll, one looking to cause chaos in what could be a civil thread. I call 'em like I see 'em.

The players are 100% behind Kubiak, he is in no way losing the locker room. Yates is not the answer, that much was obvious today. Hopkins is a stud and is a leading rookie receiver and will be a beast for many years to come. He is learning from one of the best who, while not getting younger, is going out there playing hurt each and every week and playing well in order to help his team get a win. This isn't a demise, this is a humbling and a lesson that we have to learn from. Don't count us as dead yet, and winning the division two years in a row is no fluke. I hope I answered all of your questions.

colts fans are also 100% behind Kubiak. Keep doing what you're doing coach

Dude...I only mentioned Peyton Manning because he insinuated that we wouldn't have won the division if you guys had him back in 2011. I'm not doing it for kicks, and I'm not the one who deserves that emoticon. I'm not "crowing" whatever that is I am sticking up for my team and you all were much better than expected, no one here is going to argue that, and we managed to win the division even after struggling against you guys in the second game. And he is the definition of a troll, one looking to cause chaos in what could be a civil thread. I call 'em like I see 'em.

No way of knowing if you would have or not.  Your 2011 Texans team couldn't beat the Colts without Peyton Manning in Indianapolis I would have a hard time thinking having him would have made it easier for the Texans to beat them.  It doesn't take much to figure out that having Peyton Manning in 2011 would have made the Colts significantly better.  Would it have been enough to win the division NO ONE knows.  So just because you beat the Broncos last year with him doesn't automatically mean you would have won the division in 2011.  You also beat him and the Colts in 2010 and still didn't win the division. 

I gave you the facepalm because you keep throwing out the fact that you beat Peyton Manning last year like it's some great trump card.  It was a nice win last season.  It doesn't mean a whole lot and means even less to Colts fans.  It's very much like when Jags fans used to keep bringing up 375 yards rushing. 

You can defend your team without having to name call.  That's how things get out of hands. Trust me I know it's frustrating when someone "slams" your team but you know what you can't control how they are going to post but you can control how you respond and decide if you want it to escalate or not. 

No way of knowing if you would have or not.  Your 2011 Texans team couldn't beat the Colts without Peyton Manning in Indianapolis I would have a hard time thinking having him would have made it easier for the Texans to beat them.  It doesn't take much to figure out that having Peyton Manning in 2011 would have made the Colts significantly better.  Would it have been enough to win the division NO ONE knows.  So just because you beat the Broncos last year with him doesn't automatically mean you would have beaten the Colts in 2011 with him.  You also beat him and the Colts in 2010 and still didn't win the division. 

I gave you the facepalm because you keep throwing out the fact that you beat Peyton Manning last year like it's some great trump card.  It was a nice win last season.  It doesn't mean a whole lot and means even less to Colts fans.  It's very much like when Jags fans used to keep bringing up 375 yards rushing. 

You can defend your team without having to name call.  That's how things get out of hands. Trust me I know it's frustrating when someone "slams" your team but you know what you can't control how they are going to post but you can control how you respond and decide if you want it to escalate or not. 

GC...I never said it was absolute. I didn't. I'm just fighting fire with fire here. Guy calls our season a fluke, I one up him and let him know that we beat PM last year. And you're right, we won't ever know, but people assuming that we won just because he was out isn't very wise. It's not a trump card, it's me arguing hypotheticals with someone calling me out and being quite rude in his post, once again. This thread was going to escalate and get out of hand whether I said troll or not anyway. But I have practiced restraint since you last quoted me...I'll just settle for gifs from now on...but I'm seriously trying to be the good guy here. I promise, I'm not looking for fights. I'm more disappointed than in a fighting mood honestly.

Why haven't you put this "individual" on ignore yet.... 

It so much more peaceful and        RG3 free..  

HHEHHHheehhe

No way of knowing if you would have or not.  Your 2011 Texans team couldn't beat the Colts without Peyton Manning in Indianapolis I would have a hard time thinking having him would have made it easier for the Texans to beat them.  It doesn't take much to figure out that having Peyton Manning in 2011 would have made the Colts significantly better.  Would it have been enough to win the division NO ONE knows.  So just because you beat the Broncos last year with him doesn't automatically mean you would have won the division in 2011.  You also beat him and the Colts in 2010 and still didn't win the division. 

Draft a QB

Though I don't think it's necessarily the main problem we have I wouldn't be surprised to see us grab one in the first, especially if this season continues spiraling downhill and we don't improve like I expect us to.

Dude...I never said it was absolute. I didn't. I'm just fighting fire with fire here. Guy calls our season a fluke, I one up him and let him know that we beat PM last year. And you're right, we won't ever know, but people assuming that we won just because he was out isn't very wise. It's not a trump card, it's me arguing hypotheticals with someone calling me out and being quite rude in his post, once again. This thread was going to escalate and get out of hand whether I said troll or not anyway. But I have practiced restraint since you last quoted me...I'll just settle for gifs from now on...but I'm seriously trying to be the good guy here and getting scolded for arguing with people obviously looking for arguments isn't something I need.

So if you are fighting fire with fire you are just as guilty as he is for things getting out of hand.  Like I said before two wrongs don't make a right.  If you think someone is taking a shot at your team just to take a shot report them and move on.  That's what the mods are for. 

It's pretty clear there are some real issues between Colts and Texans fans it would be nice if we talk about the Colts and Texans without having to have all the threads locked.  It would help if both sides didn't feel the need to "get" the other when someone says something that the other side doesn't agree with.  Just food for thought on both sides.

Though I don't think it's necessarily the main problem we have I wouldn't be surprised to see us grab one in the first, especially if this season continues spiraling downhill and we don't improve like I expect us to.

Yeah I'm not trying to start anything I just think a QB could really help you guys out you have a lot of talent down there but yes today there was more problems then just the QB but that will help A LOT lol

So if you are fighting fire with fire you are just as guilty as he is for things getting out of hand.  Like I said before two wrongs don't make a right. 

It's pretty clear there are some real issues between Colts and Texans fans it would be nice if we talk about the Colts and Texans without having to have all the threads locked.  It would help if both sides didn't feel the need to "get" the other when someone says something that the other side doesn't agree with.  Just food for thought on both sides.

I'm not one to ignore confrontations. And I'm not going to either. I'm going to argue my point just like any other person in any other thread would. Perhaps the troll accusation isn't needed but I don't see how I'm wrong for replying to a guy just like anybody else would. I've seen worse arguments than this on the forum in just the past three weeks lol. But he's seemed to have abandoned the topic anyway so maybe we can get this back to the original topic.  

The "message" from the "over hyped" coach is getting stale.

Live and learn ....  

Gotta have the QB.   And "leaders" the team bye into..    Houston is LOST right now.   (Preferably QB, then HC)

Today was A LOT more than just the QBs fault.  The whole team feel apart today.  With that said it's one game. 

The Texans won the division 2 years in a row?! Oh my God, quick someone call the press, that's never been done before. Oh wait, how many years in a row did the Colts OWN the division? Compare that too those two years.... yeah its a fluke.

Yeah I'm not trying to start anything I just think a QB could really help you guys out you have a lot of talent down there but yes today there was more problems then just the QB but that will help A LOT lol

You're right. But before his bad streak Schaub was a respectable QB. This meltdown was unexpected and has us backed into a corner, especially with his injury. If we grab a young guy in the Draft I still don't expect him to start because Kubiak likes experience. If that young guy wows in TC though then I won't be surprised if he is inserted into the line-up though. It's up to Schaub I think if he wants to keep his job. If he can get out of this rut then he'll be okay...and if he doesn't he signs his own bench card.