Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Opposing Fan Reaction - Seahawks 10-6-2013

chad hugo

I hate to complain about the refs, but that was absolutely atrocious.Quote

Luck is clearly the best young QB in the game. Luck can actually hit WR's.

This defense is so overrated it is not funny. Good defenses can actually tackle and stop a team on third down once in a while.

Yup, I've got tons of respect for Luck after this game.

Don't worry, next week Sherman is going to get at least 2 picks and 1 pick six.

Sherman spends far FAr too much time admiring himself in the mirror

Don't worry, most people don't know what Seattle is made of either until they lose half their squad in the melee. You are playing the forgotten kids, and they are going to decimate the Colts. DVR it, save it off, as a reminder of what Seattle is made of.

I read their SBNation pages, they're pretty fair. 

As far as Luck being the best young QB in the game, I won't argue.  But there's no doubt in my mind that Wilson is the second best young QB in the league.  If they didn't have him they'd be an average team at best.

As far as Luck being the best young QB in the game, I won't argue.  But there's no doubt in my mind that Wilson is the second best young QB in the league.  If they didn't have him they'd be an average team at best.

I agree.

Wilson does rely on his WRs going up and getting the ball a little more than timing routes. That could mean high or low reward depending on how the day goes, IMO. His legs do make up for a lot when coverage down the field is good.

whats their acutal official forum where i can read all the delicious butthurt threads/game thread?

im not quite sure, i got these from [mod edit: link to another forum removed] it may or may not be their official forum but i doubt it lol

Edited by Superman

I agree. Wilson impressed me today. He is very good at making plays with his feet and can throw some beautiful passes. I would put him above RG3.

I agree. Wilson impressed me today. He is very good at making plays with his feet and can throw some beautiful passes. I would put him above RG3.

He actually had the opposite effect on me today. I thought he looked average on a lot of his throws, but made up for it with running.

He actually had the opposite effect on me today. I thought he looked average on a lot of his throws, but made up for it with running.

Yeah I mean there's no doubt he was off at times and his mobility bailed him out, but he had some good throws. I thought the TD to Kearse was a thing of beauty. Excellent ball placement. 

Yeah I mean there's no doubt he was off at times and his mobility bailed him out, but he had some good throws. I thought the TD to Kearse was a thing of beauty. Excellent ball placement.

Yeah I should have qualified that I was talking about just this game.

Exactly what I was thinking...RW is not as good a passer but you never get a good shot at him

Didn't get to see the game, it wasn't on TV up in South Bend and I was too busy with other stuff to justify going to a sports bar.

But it's hard to throw when you are on the run all the time.  Even for a guy that's really good at escaping pressure (and he is). 

Wilson is at the very least a solid passer, maybe not elite but solid.  

I stopped by their Facebook page and I see a lot of blame being laid on the Refs. I was unable to watch the game since the storm knocked out my cable and internet and I had to listen to it sitting in my truck in the driveway. Was the saftey really a touchdown?

It was called a safety on the field. I would say the evidence was inconclusive, so it couldn't be overturned. Had it been called a TD, that would have likely stood for lack of evidence to overturn as well.

I stopped by their Facebook page and I see a lot of blame being laid on the Refs.  I was unable to watch the game since the storm knocked out my cable and internet and I had to listen to it sitting in my truck in the driveway.  Was the saftey really a touchdown?

No. The ball was clearly moving until AFTER he was out of bounds. It was conclusively a safety.

I stopped by their Facebook page and I see a lot of blame being laid on the Refs. I was unable to watch the game since the storm knocked out my cable and internet and I had to listen to it sitting in my truck in the driveway. Was the saftey really a touchdown?

No. He didn't have full possession before he slid out of bounds.

It was called a safety on the field. I would say the evidence was inconclusive, so it couldn't be overturned. Had it been called a TD, that would have likely stood for lack of evidence to overturn as well.

if you ask a Seahawks fan it was a TD you ask a Colts fan it was a safety. Which probably means they got it right by leaving it as it was called on the field.

If I were a Seahawks fan I would be more mad about Wayne pushing off on the two point try and Wayne even said he did it.

Honestly I saw a normal Ron Winter type of game bad calls both ways some strange stuff called you never see called and other stuff you always see called ignored.

Guest TeamLoloJones

if you ask a Seahawks fan it was a TD you ask a Packers fan it was a interception.

I think you see my point...

I stopped by their Facebook page and I see a lot of blame being laid on the Refs.  I was unable to watch the game since the storm knocked out my cable and internet and I had to listen to it sitting in my truck in the driveway.  Was the saftey really a touchdown?

I think it would have been more likely to be overturned to a safety if call a TD than the other way around.  Very close but he clearly recovered the ball with his right hand and it transferred to his left before he established possession.  Had it been a clean recovery it's a touchdown no question but it wasn't cleanly recovered.

if you ask a Seahawks fan it was a TD you ask a Colts fan it was a safety. Which probably means they got it right by leaving it as it was called on the field.

If I were a Seahawks fan I would be more mad about Wayne pushing off on the two point try and Wayne even said he did it.

Honestly I saw a normal Ron Winter type of game bad calls both ways some strange stuff called you never see called and other stuff you always see called ignored.

eh, not too much for them to be upset about considering Wayne was mugged on the play prior to pushing off.  If they were going to call offensive PI on Wayne then they should have called Holding or DPI on the defender for what happened before Wayne pushed off so if anything it should have been a double penalty and replay the down.  

There were really only 2 calls I can think of offhand that were really bad.  The OPI call on Golden Tate..didn't see him do anything worth throwing a flag for, and then the missed contact to Luck's head.  I really don't think the officiating had anything to do with the outcome of this game, but then gain I didn't think officiating had anything to do with the Colts losing the Dolphin's game either. :)

Nice come back for the win! I sat and watched my beloved Hawks do that last week and felt we were very lucky to get out of Houston with the W.

The first quarter of this game was strange, everything was going Hawks way, Lynch was puttn up yards and a blocked punt, I had a feeling this wasn't going to end as easy as it started. I, like yourself, wondered what the hell is happening here? How are the Colts gonna get outta this hole?( same thing I asked myself last week with the Hawks). I'm impressed with the "Never say die" attitude your team showed. That makes a great win, doesn't it? Hopefully you will enjoy many more weeks! Maybe we will get to watch and experience these two at a later date, Good, very good...LUCK!

Nice come back for the win! I sat and watched my beloved Hawks do that last week and felt we were very lucky to get out of Houston with the W.

The first quarter of this game was strange, everything was going Hawks way, Lynch was puttn up yards and a blocked punt, I had a feeling this wasn't going to end as easy as it started. I, like yourself, wondered what the heck is happening here? How are the Colts gonna get outta this hole?( same thing I asked myself last week with the Hawks). I'm impressed with the "Never say die" attitude your team showed. That makes a great win, doesn't it? Hopefully you will enjoy many more weeks! Maybe we will get to watch and experience these two at a later date, Good, very good...LUCK!

I don't know if it will be this year but I think these two teams are going to have a "Super" match up in the future if you catch my drift. 

eh, not too much for them to be upset about considering Wayne was mugged on the play prior to pushing off.  If they were going to call offensive PI on Wayne then they should have called Holding or DPI on the defender for what happened before Wayne pushed off so if anything it should have been a double penalty and replay the down.  

There were really only 2 calls I can think of offhand that were really bad.  The OPI call on Golden Tate..didn't see him do anything worth throwing a flag for, and then the missed contact to Luck's head.  I really don't think the officiating had anything to do with the outcome of this game, but then gain I didn't think officiating had anything to do with the Colts losing the Dolphin's game either. :)

Sometimes I think the refs will call a nitpicky penalty to equalize a blown call they know they made earlier...

Sometimes I think the refs will call a nitpicky penalty to equalize a blown call they know they made earlier...

Yeah I agree with that.  I thought that in the game yesterday after the OPI call on Tate.  If I remember right there was another penalty they called on the Colts shortly after that seemed very iffy and I thought to myself that they might be trying to make up for the poor OPI call on Tate.

Honestly I saw a normal Ron Winter type of game bad calls both ways some strange stuff called you never see called and other stuff you always see called ignored.,

Well the way the Hawks corners were hanging on our guys in the first half, i wouldnt blame him.  They want to hold, we'll just push off.  Seems fair to me

I'm amazed how this guy still has a job in the NFL. He is without doubt the worst ref in the game. Every game of his is filled with controversy and bad calls. He should have been fired yrs. ago.