Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Opposing Fan Reaction - Seahawks 10-6-2013

chad hugo

He complained about the officiating some.  There's a clip from the postgame at NFL.com among the game highlights.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013100603/2013/REG5/seahawks@colts#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Yeah it was sort of a rhetorical question, he seemed to complain as much about the officiating as possible under the ruse of "joking" about it to avoid any fine...

Sort of lost some respect for Carroll, complaining about a safety/TD call that happened in the first quarter of a game. His quarterback had the ball at the end of the game...

Pete had no qualms accepting the win last season on the Tate reception against Green Bay...

I used to be indifferent about Pete, now not so much...

I'm amazed how this guy still has a job in the NFL. He is without doubt the worst ref in the game. Every game of his is filled with controversy and bad calls. He should have been fired yrs. ago.

Walt Coleman cost us a trip to the Super Bowl and I still hate Ron Winter more than Walt Coleman...

eh, not too much for them to be upset about considering Wayne was mugged on the play prior to pushing off.  If they were going to call offensive PI on Wayne then they should have called Holding or DPI on the defender for what happened before Wayne pushed off so if anything it should have been a double penalty and replay the down.  

There were really only 2 calls I can think of offhand that were really bad.  The OPI call on Golden Tate..didn't see him do anything worth throwing a flag for, and then the missed contact to Luck's head.  I really don't think the officiating had anything to do with the outcome of this game, but then gain I didn't think officiating had anything to do with the Colts losing the Dolphin's game either. :)

I had the exact same take as you did. That said , here's why we actually were hurt more than the Seahawks by the bad calls.

1) Give them the push off on Wayne and take away the 2 points. So were up 1 instead of 3. Then we go up 4 instead of 6 with AV's 49 yarder.So that one that I give them (wayne's push off) and you rightfully don't means nothing as you can only score 4 and 5 point FG's in fantasy football.

2) The obvious blow to Luck's noggin gives us the ball 1st down at around mid field. Instead Seattle gets the ball at the Indy 30.  Huge Huge Huge difference.

3) The offensive PI against Tate did cost them 38 yards but they scored on that drive anyway. I guess you could say that it extended the game a bit and Seattle could have used that time at the end of the half ?

if you ask a Seahawks fan it was a TD you ask a Colts fan it was a safety. Which probably means they got it right by leaving it as it was called on the field.

If I were a Seahawks fan I would be more mad about Wayne pushing off on the two point try and Wayne even said he did it.

Honestly I saw a normal Ron Winter type of game bad calls both ways some strange stuff called you never see called and other stuff you always see called ignored.

Wasn't he in the 5 yard bump zone or whatever

I had the exact same take as you did. That said , here's why we actually were hurt more than the Seahawks by the bad calls.

1) Give them the push off on Wayne and take away the 2 points. So were up 1 instead of 3. Then we go up 4 instead of 6 with AV's 49 yarder.So that one that I give them (wayne's push off) and you rightfully don't means nothing as you can only score 4 and 5 point FG's in fantasy football.

2) The obvious blow to Luck's noggin gives us the ball 1st down at around mid field. Instead Seattle gets the ball at the Indy 30.  Huge Huge Huge difference.

3) The offensive PI against Tate did cost them 38 yards but they scored on that drive anyway. I guess you could say that it extended the game a bit and Seattle could have used that time at the end of the half ?

If they hadn't foolishly wasted their time outs at the start of the second have they would have had more time also.

Wilson is amazing, plain and simple.

Yeah, going to have to go ahead and....disagree with you. He was very average for most of the game. The TD was a good throw. He missed a lot, less than 50% completion I believe.

Also, he was terrible in the final drive.

He's a slower RG3, with enough brains to slide. Once we contained his running, it was over for him.

Yeah, going to have to go ahead and....disagree with you. He was very average for most of the game. The TD was a good throw. He missed a lot, less than 50% completion I believe.

Also, he was terrible in the final drive.

He's a slower RG3, with enough brains to slide. Once we contained his running, it was over for him.

He wasn't any worse than Andrew however he had  15 completion in 31 throws, Luck was 16/29. Wilson did great efforts, but our D ate his offense in the 2nd half.

If they hadn't foolishly wasted their time outs at the start of the second have they would have had more time also.

In all fairness to the cry babies , this happened in the first half. It would have nothing to do with the second half as that's a new 30 minute game. If you recall , the Seahawks were at our 41 yard line 4th and 9 with only 10 seconds left in the half. They took over at there 20 with 3 time outs and 58 seconds left on the clock. Plenty of time to get into FG range. However if the bad call on PI had not made them drive an extra 38 yrads on that TD drive , I guess they could make a case for more time on the clock changing their failed half ended possession.

He wasn't any worse than Andrew however he had  15 completion in 31 throws, Luck was 16/29. Wilson did great efforts, but our D ate his offense in the 2nd half.

I agree that Wilson played fine but Andrew was more accurate . He can't do anything about 4 (?) drops.

I agree that Wilson played fine but Andrew was more accurate . He can't do anything about 4 (?) drops.

if memory serves, Luck's first two passes of the game were 3rd down drops weren't they? I'd have to rewatch it....but yeah, could have been a different start to that game had it not been for a couple mental lapses.

In all fairness to the cry babies , this happened in the first half. It would have nothing to do with the second half as that's a new 30 minute game. If you recall , the Seahawks were at our 41 yard line 4th and 9 with only 10 seconds left in the half. They took over at there 20 with 3 time outs and 58 seconds left on the clock. Plenty of time to get into FG range. However if the bad call on PI had not made them drive an extra 38 yrads on that TD drive , I guess they could make a case for more time on the clock changing their failed half ended possession.

ooops my bad. I misread that and thought they were referencing the end of the game

if memory serves, Luck's first two passes of the game were 3rd down drops weren't they? I'd have to rewatch it....but yeah, could have been a different start to that game had it not been for a couple mental lapses.

I'm not sure they were his first two passes but I am sure that both of his first two passes on 3rd down (1st two drives) were dropped. I believe the second drop was a great pass he threaded to Wayne. The first was delivered a little high and hard but needed to be thrown in the spot as the coverage was really tight.

haha dumbbbb

It starts forum wars, which leads to headaches for the staff. We, the common members, can sit back and enjoy the trash talking, engage in some spirited debate. But it always trickles down to the lowest common denominator taking reign and it gets.....ugly, fast. The mods then have to spend plenty 'o' time deleting posts, handing out warnings and banning trolls. 

Some forums encourage it. Official forums tend not to. 

Andrew was more accurate, that's a fact...and he can't help drops. The same music for the 2nd season... We can't afford any drops if we wanna win in the PO.

Funny that you say that. Just was walking my hound and was thinking about that Raven game. Thing is we were right in it . One score game (17-9) with 10 minutes left. Thought about those insane catches Boldin made compared to the absolutely crazy amount of plays we left on the field due to drops.

Funny that you say that. Just was walking my hound and was thinking about that Raven game. Thing is we were right in it . One score game (17-9) with 10 minutes left. Thought about those insane catches Boldin made compared to the absolutely crazy amount of plays we left on the field due to drops.

I think most of fans are thinking about that game...big chance for a young team. That game was killed by drops...and Vaughn was toasted by Baldin. BTW Flacco doesn't look elite without Baldin.

We have to improve that. No drops. Period. DHB had a bad game, he has to be consistent. Avery was the most lefty WR last season.

I stopped by their Facebook page and I see a lot of blame being laid on the Refs.  I was unable to watch the game since the storm knocked out my cable and internet and I had to listen to it sitting in my truck in the driveway.  Was the saftey really a touchdown?

It was close .

I will say this I believe the replacement refs gave the Seahawks a Win thanks to a Hail Mary that was questionable its the nature of the beast to cry about the refs is weak they were out played & like San Fran were overrated & believing there own press the UnderDog  Won  the Colts are who we thought they were  :thmup:  Building a Monster & taking back the AFC South 1 win at a time  ..