Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's the biggest surprise so far this season for the colts?

Stephen

Our defense is the biggest surprise so far, pass coverage mainly. I hope it continues vs the Seahawks.

To be honest, Tannehill with Wallace and Hartline gave us ample issues. Kaepernick, if he had Vernon Davis healthy, things would probably have been a tad different, maybe, maybe not.

Our pass D will face a bigger test than with the Dolphins because we have to sell out to defend the run vs that O-line if all their starters are in and healthy. Hopefully, all the OL starters of the Seahawks are not back yet. :)

Our defense is the biggest surprise so far, pass coverage mainly. I hope it continues vs the Seahawks.

To be honest, Tannehill with Wallace and Hartline gave us ample issues. Kaepernick, if he had Vernon Davis healthy, things would probably have been a tad different, maybe, maybe not.

Our pass D will face a bigger test than with the Dolphins because we have to sell out to defend the run vs that O-line if all their starters are in and healthy. Hopefully, all the OL starters of the Seahawks are not back yet. :)

I think we would have beat the dolphins if we played press coverage instead of playing 5 yards off receivers.

Guest TeamLoloJones

The biggest surprise to me so far is that we seem to be playing much better on the road. Infact we don't don't even look like the same team that lost to the dolphins.

The biggest surprise without question has to be how good the offensive line is playing.  Especially with Donald Thomas being hurt.  They are far from playing perfect but far batter than anyone could have anticipated.

The biggest surprise without question has to be how good the offensive line is playing.  Especially with Donald Thomas being hurt.  They are far from playing perfect but far batter than anyone could have anticipated.

This. ^

I knew that we'd make more of an effort to run the ball, but 149 rushing yards/game?  Outstanding.  The team has bought into the aspect of having a balanced offense.  I think we're at a 52/48 pass/run mix.

Lets see... the running game, the Defense as a whole, Pep Hamilton looking like he is really gonna work out as OC for us... gotta be one of the quickest turnaround for a previous 2 -14 team that i have ever seen considering the major rebuild that we did to our entire roster and staff. Honestly the only thing in our way of the Superbowl this year is our old idol.

Our D is playing just like those good LATE 2000 raven defenses ... Meaning

Not so much as blitzing but staying fundamentally sound while knowing offenses get paid to play too.

But at the end of the game you look up at the scoreboard and we have held you to less than 20 (Acceptable Amount)

I see a team that's going to get better as the season goes along on O & D

"It's a marathon not a sprint"

So far, my biggest surprise for the team was the Richardson trade.

I expected a good defense and a good offense, we started shaky in the first couple games but we seem to be gelling at the right time when Seattle, Denver, Houston come next on the schedule.

Bringing in Richardson for a 1st round pick that looks like a late one, if we continue, looks like a steal of a trade and made teams respect our running game.

The biggest surprise to me so far is that we seem to be playing much better on the road. Infact we don't don't even look like the same team that lost to the dolphins.

That we lost at home to Miami....which will end up at .500

That we beat SF, which will be in the NFC championship game

Has to be the running game.. I know all we heard is that we would be a power running team, but I didn't think that would happen at all. Where we are sitting now statistically is surprising to me

we still aren't a power running team...don't kid yourself

stats after 4 games are meaningless