Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Is A Super Bowl Preview

HarassedOffTheSite

Seattle has had time in their system so we all know who and what they are (espn & yahoo both have them ranked 2nd in power rankings). But for Colts fans, we're four games into this new system that is almost exactly like theirs. But we (and the country) haven't quite gotten used to seeing this type of Colts football. Regardless, we are outscoring opponents this year 105-51, Seattle is doing it 109-47.

Their Oline is like ours...a patchwork. And they are down 3 line starters. They can run the rock...but their pass protection is hurting. Wilson was sacked 5 times by the Texans. So these guys are NOT anything close to invincible. Their defense got them back in it vs the Texans....but pause, Luck is no Schaub.

This is going to be a heavyweight battle....and a precursor of things to come vis-a-vis AFC/NFC contenders and possible Super Bowl opponents.

Seattle has had time in their system so we all know who and what they are (espn & yahoo both have them ranked 2nd in power rankings). But for Colts fans, we're four games into this new system that is almost exactly like theirs. But we (and the country) haven't quite gotten used to seeing this type of Colts football. Regardless, we are outscoring opponents this year 105-51, Seattle is doing it 109-47.

Their Oline is like ours...a patchwork. And they are down 3 line starters. They can run the rock...but their pass protection is hurting. Wilson was sacked 5 times by the Texans. So these guys are NOT anything close to invincible. Their defense got them back in it vs the Texans....but pause, Luck is no Schaub.

This is going to be a heavyweight battle....and a precursor of things to come vis-a-vis AFC/NFC contenders and possible Super Bowl opponents.

Well put BC!   :thmsup:   Everyone seems amazed the Colts are a physical offense and defense.

Our patchwork OL has to be commended for their hard-nosed efforts, and boy is this a big game.  I am not going to predict a score, but I truly believe that the game starting at 1 PM benefits the Colts BIG TIME!

The game would be as most know 10 AM if in Seattle.  Yes they played 2 hours difference against the Texans, but 1 more hour can really mess with the metabolism.  Thank goodness this game is at home...and shall I say at 1 PM???   :td:  :td:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :applause: !!!!!!

If we beat the Seahawks, this team would have arrived. We can definitely challenge the Broncos and Pats. But this will be the first BIG step towards that, if we beat the Seahawks.

I am sure 49ers fans are rooting for the Colts and so are Saints fans, all for different reasons. We will take it. :)

The Colts are definately moving up as Super Bowl contenders, but I would still be concerned by the Miami loss at home, while New Orleans completely destroyed the Dolphins. I think that the Colts can beat Seattle, but the game I'll be really watching is the Denver game. That will tell a lot. 

haha

Not a super bowl preview. We're not there yet imo. We're good; but not that good. Gotta beat teams like New England & Denver before we can say we're a super bowl team

Sorry, but I agree with BC. This team has gotten better every week and I think by week 10 this team, if they can stay marginally healthy, will be a serious contender for the AFC. This stretch of games for the next 4 weeks will have them more than ready for what they will see in the playoffs, yes playoffs. This team hasn't scratched the surface as to how good they can be.

Outside of Denver and maybe Houston, I don't really see anyone else who matches up with us all that well.

spidey_man46940 Hello fellow COLTS fans!! This is my first post so I will try to keep it short and sweet. I follow the forum and all things Colts since they came to Indy. I agree that this "could" be a preview of SB if we keep playing great D and can improve a little on our TD vs. FG in the RZ. I would also encourage all of the 12th Man attending the game Sunday to really rock the LOS and show Hawk fans what a record breaking crowd REALLY sounds like GO COLTS!!  

Sorry, but I agree with BC. This team has gotten better every week and I think by week 10 this team, if they can stay marginally healthy, will be a serious contender for the AFC. This stretch of games for the next 4 weeks will have them more than ready for what they will see in the playoffs, yes playoffs. This team hasn't scratched the surface as to how good they can be.

Outside of Denver and maybe Houston, I don't really see anyone else who matches up with us all that well.

The Pats, they can test our TE/middle of field coverage with Gronk and Amendola back.

We are not a rookie team anymore.  We brought a boatload of vets during FA over and our wonderful rookies are now 2nd year players where players make their biggest jump.  We just jumped ahead of our previous time line, imo.  I really think Irsay is looking for the Super Bowl ASAP.

The Pats, they can test our TE/middle of field coverage with Gronk and Amendola back.

Its totally possible, but I like our chances with Landry being able to run with Gronk if needed. Amendola is good but I don't see him as Wes Welker good though. I still believe Miami is going to win that division.

spidey_man46940 Hello fellow COLTS fans!! This is my first post so I will try to keep it short and sweet. I follow the forum and all things Colts since they came to Indy. I agree that this "could" be a preview of SB if we keep playing great D and can improve a little on our TD vs. FG in the RZ. I would also encourage all of the 12th Man attending the game Sunday to really rock the LOS and show Hawk fans what a record breaking crowd REALLY sounds like GO COLTS!!  

Welcome Spider-fella! :)

I have a funny feeling LOS is going to be OC.....Out of Control!!!! :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !

haha

Not a super bowl preview. We're not there yet imo. We're good; but not that good. Gotta beat teams like New England & Denver before we can say we're a super bowl team

But, but, but....... power rankings say this IS a team like New England & Denver.

SF was a powerhouse, and angry.

We pounded them, and now they're considered no that powerful.

If we beat Seattle, aren't we pretty good?

The Texans lost to the Hawks, and they're still considered pretty good.

Maybe the Colts ARE that good, and we just don't know it yet.

But, but, but....... power rankings say this IS a team like New England & Denver.

SF was a powerhouse, and angry.

We pounded them, and now they're considered no that powerful.

If we beat Seattle, aren't we pretty good?

The Texans lost to the Hawks, and they're still considered pretty good.

Maybe the Colts ARE that good, and we just don't know it yet.

Like I said, it'll be no question we're up there if we knock off Seattle Sunday. But to be the best, you have to beat the best. The super bowl is there if we get past the BEST in our conference. Beating Seattle is a boost, but we don't play Seattle in January. We have to beat Peyton, Brady, or JJ Watt to be that super bowl team.

It's not a super bowl preview unless both teams actually make it and at this point you can argue Seattle has a better chance of getting there than we do...

Well they said Houston vs Seattle was a super bowl preview. And I know for a fact Houston won't ever win a super bowl with Matt Schuab as their QB

Well they said Houston vs Seattle was a super bowl preview. And I know for a fact Houston won't ever win a super bowl with Matt Schuab as their QB

If that's a super bowl preview then so is Rams vs Raiders   :funny: It's not a preview because they're two really good teams who have a shot at getting to the super bowl. They first have to make it or else all they did was just prove how stupid their "preview" was. 

If that's a super bowl preview then so is Rams vs Raiders :funny: It's not a preview because they're two really good teams who have a shot at getting to the super bowl. They first have to make it or else all they did was just prove how stupid their "preview" was.

I'm just the messenger saying what the "experts" said

Its totally possible, but I like our chances with Landry being able to run with Gronk if needed. Amendola is good but I don't see him as Wes Welker good though. I still believe Miami is going to win that division.

Landry can't cover Gronk. He was on him for one of the NE-NYJ games last year (Gronk was injured for the second one) and got tooled for two TDs. Maybe it hasn't shown up yet since he's been hurt and hasn't played, but I follow AFCE teams pretty closely and Landry was a huge liability in coverage for the Jets last year. He's obviously a great run-stopper but his strength is not in coverage. 

I think the Colts look great but there's a long way to go... it's premature to tag any game played during the first weekend of October as a "Super Bowl preview." 

Landry can't cover Gronk. He was on him for one of the NE-NYJ games last year (Gronk was injured for the second one) and got tooled for two TDs. Maybe it hasn't shown up yet since he's been hurt and hasn't played, but I follow AFCE teams pretty closely and Landry was a huge liability in coverage for the Jets last year. He's obviously a great run-stopper but his strength is not in coverage. 

I think the Colts look great but there's a long way to go... it's premature to tag any game played during the first weekend of October as a "Super Bowl preview." 

I might get 'spanked' for this, but I agree.  Landry is worse in coverage than Delano Howell.  We are 2-0 with him at safety.

I have said all along I am waiting for Landry to get burnt long......I would like to see him knock Gronk into next week.....Playoffs maybe!!!   :)

What so funny?

Just realizing how far we've come in a short time. Just 2 years ago we were sitting at 2-14. If you would've told me then that 2 years from 2-14 we'd be a playoff team, possible super bowl contenders, or #6 in the power rankings after being #32 I would've never believed it

Just realizing how far we've come in a short time. Just 2 years ago we were sitting at 2-14. If you would've told me then that 2 years from 2-14 we'd be a playoff team, possible super bowl contenders, or #6 in the power rankings after being #32 I would've never believed it

Goes to show, the difference between the top NFL teams and the bottom ones (save the Jaguars) is typically not all that much. Just look at KC this year. New coaching staff, new QB, and bam. 

As a longtime rival fan I did not expect Indy to be down for long. 

haha

if we faced new England this year we would destroy them especially with their nose tackle out for the year. Denver is the only threat to us.

I believe in "any given Sunday" and to "to be the best you have to beat the best" but I also believe that heart and attitude factor in significantly. All players are pro athletes so intangibles factor in. The next four games will tell the tale of the 2013 Colts imo. We should have beat Houston both games last year , and Seattle , San Diego , and Denver are all up in the air as far as I can tell. I love Peyton to death but it will be the FIRST time hes taken a snap in LOS when he couldn't hear a pin drop. I believe if the Colts show up as a complete team for 60 minutes they can hold their own w anyone. Brady and Manning included , jmo.

haha

New England and Denver have to beat us in order to prove their SB material. Just saying.

if we faced new England this year we would destroy them especially with their nose

tackle out for the year. Denver is the only threat to us.

No we wouldn't. It could go either way. I like our chances if it was in LOS, but in Foxboro I don't see it being anything more than a toss up on whether we are on our game.

New England and Denver have to beat us in order to prove their SB material. Just saying.

New England maybe if you think a 4-0 start isnt legit. But Denver? One of the best offenses in the history of ever Denver?

Sorry but thats the team the AFC plays through, everyone else is just competing for second best until they stumble.

Also Seattle has yet to prove their offense can operate away from home. Their defense is fine and wins then games, but the offensive production nosedives on the road.

Also shame on all of ypu for discounting the team with arguably the best defense through the first 4 games. The KC Chiefs. That being a divisional matchup is the real test for Denver, not Indy.

The Colts are definately moving up as Super Bowl contenders, but I would still be concerned by the Miami loss at home, while New Orleans completely destroyed the Dolphins. I think that the Colts can beat Seattle, but the game I'll be really watching is the Denver game. That will tell a lot. 

Once you're in playoffs, everything is new.  I can't and don't tell too many things from regular season games. Why?  Just a couple examples, though there are plenty. Our 2006 SB year, Jax Jags killed us regular season. With 375 rushing yards.  Playoffs? We had best run D and won it all.  Go back one year to 2005, vs Steelers in regular season. Monday Night Football.  Crushed them 26 - 7.  Then, what transpired in playoffs vs. same team? Lost a tough battle 21 - 18.

My vision, win division!  Get in playoffs. New season, whip your man in front of you. Advance. Repeat. Hoist Lombardi.

I believe we can make it to and win the superbowl.  But I have to stop short of calling this a superbowl preview.  I'm excited how we're improving and the direction we are going, but I don't want to go that far yet.  We've got a lot of good teams on our schedule that we have to beat or play well against before we can start thinking superbowl.  But I do believe.

I'm just the messenger saying what the "experts" said

TK..I consider you a friend, and pretty knowledgeable when it comes down to football...I understand what you're saying, and you're right we have come far, and that we have to beat Peyton and Brady for this to be a "Super Bowl Preview"...However, looking at your last comment...it goes to show you that anything is possible...You're right, look at this team a year ago..all these "experts" said we wouldn't win hardly anything last year, most laughed in our faces, and all we did was make the playoffs. Now this year, "they" said we have a tougher schedule, that we will barely be 8-8, we still are years away from being contenders, and look at where we are right now.. We made a mistake in one game, or we could also be undefeated..which goes to show that any team can lose or win on any given day.

However, as of right now, the Colts are legitimate Super Bowl contenders..We are 3-1, destroyed a very good San Francisco team in their house. we have one of the top ranked rushing offense, top ranked defenses, and are improving each and every week. We are run heavy, but that doesn't mean that we don't have the capability to go to the air 40-50 times and still produce and still win. We are an all around team now...with a legit defense, that is larger, stronger, and way more experienced than we have seen in Indy in a very long time, if ever. It doesn't matter who we've played or haven't played yet...Every game we were in the game, and the last two were not even close. Now, with T-Rich, it gives us another powerful weapon, and makes us even more diversified..With the Power of T-Rich, the experience and shiftiness of Bradshaw, with the change of pace with Brown, we might just have the most diverse and effective backfield in all of football. Every team that plays us, up to and including Peyton and his pals, had better be ready for a hard fought, never say die game. I know Coach won't let us quit or get down, and this team will never get down on themselves. They have too much yet to prove, they have too much pride in wearing that Colt uniform, and they know with our talent on BOTH sides of the ball, that we can win any game, against any opponent.

I'm not saying its going to be easy, but to say we aren't legitimate contenders for the AFC Championship , again, as of right now, is not right. Until we prove otherwise, (and I'm not saying losing one game), we are in the thick of it, and have been since day 1 of the season. There's a reason they play the games...and no team out there has more heart and desire to win then the Colts. But, that's something I know you know already.

Don't listen to the "so-called" experts. No one said the Saints would be legitimate Super Bowl contenders, but, as of right now, they sure are playing like it. Everyone said its just San Fran and Seattle in the NFC, with an occasional Green Bay thrown in...But look at the Saints..Brees is playing almost as well as Peyton, and has just as many, if not more weapons at his disposal, with an improved defense led by Rob Ryan, who somehow got that defense flying to the football...

Its still way early to tell, but we are leading our division, and have to be considered a major threat to any team we play.

Its ok, my friend, to be cautiously optimistic...lets just see how the next few weeks pan out... I have a feeling that people are soon going to be taking the Colts way more seriously very very soon..but they are right now, legitimate contenders...no matter what the "experts" say..

SIDE NOTE: Off topic..congrats on being 4-0 in our fantasy league, in your first year of playing...you da man!