Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our Secondary

BlueCollarColts

I don't know about you guys but I am loving our secondary. LaRon Landry and Antoine Bethea look to be a great safety tandem. Greg Toler has been really impressing me and I think he will definitely be one of the better #2 corners in the league. Vontae Davis will be a legit #1 corner this season IMO, I truly think he has what it takes to be a shut down corner on the outside. Darius Butler is also one of the better nickel backs in the league IMO.

I don't know about you guys but I am loving our secondary. LaRon Landry and Antoine Bethea look to be a great safety tandem. Greg Toler has been really impressing me and I think he will definitely be one of the better #2 corners in the league. Vontae Davis will be a legit #1 corner this season IMO, I truly think he has what it takes to be a shut down corner on the outside. Darius Butler is also one of the better nickel backs in the league IMO.

I want to see them against elite WR talent

Andre Johnson isn't elite. And Vontae handled him well last season, he's washed up. Not a threat to us. Arian Foster is the biggest threat on that offense

I remember being embarrassed for Davis. He did only give up 1 TD against the Texans in two games.

Must have been the 23 catches for 292 yards that I was remembering Andre putting on Davis.

When healthy, he is very Elite still. IMO

I remember being embarrassed for Davis. He did only give up 1 TD against the Texans in two games.

Must have been the 23 catches for 292 yards that I was remembering Andre putting on Davis.

When healthy, he is very Elite still. IMO

Davis only gave up 53 yards in the 2nd game vs the texans. Most of AJs yards came against Vaughn

If Andre Johnson is healthy, he's still one of the best #1 receivers in the league. And we face him twice.

I think the secondary is playing fast and aggressive, and that's good, but we're still giving up a lot of quick completions, and sometimes missing the tackle. I'd like to see us play more consistent coverage in the first couple seconds, and I'd like to see Toler in particular tackle better.

And as far as my "washed up" statement, I meant that as in always hurt now. Guess I could've worded that better. Anyway, still don't see him as a threat. Every WR Vaughn faced last year torched him so that's really not surprising to anyone. Andre Johnson is good; but he's not elite.

But like I said, I'm not gonna debate it just gonna watch it all unfold

Andre Johnson isn't elite. And Vontae handled him well last season, he's washed up. Not a threat to us. Arian Foster is the biggest threat on that offense

Andre Johnson is still elite, but his qb Matt Schaub is a joke. Pressuring Schaub while doubling AJ should shutdown that tandem

The thing I liked about our secondary last night had nothing to do with their play on the field.  They announced the starting lineups for the Defense, and when they got to Toler he didn't come running out of the tunnel right away, a guy standing there tried to get him to go ahead and run out, and then all four of them (Davis, Toler, Landry, and Bethea) came out from the tunnel together.  Solidarity, my friends, is the thing that impressed me the most from them last night!

Andre Johnson is still elite, but his qb Matt Schaub is a joke. Pressuring Schaub while doubling AJ should shutdown that tandem

DeAndre Hopkins is a legit threat as a rookie, as well. Their receivers should give us a test, for sure

Courtesy of Arian Foster's running. Any receiver can do that when a defense is keyed on a RB. But I'm not gonna discuss it or anything. Just gonna sit & watch my statements unfold

Foster faced stacked boxes less than league average. If anything, Foster benefitted from AJ pulling a safety away.

Our schedule doesn't exactly have any "elite" WR's.

D. Thomas & Eric Decker will probably be the best challenge

What schedule are you looking at?....fitzgerarld, vernon davis, aquan boldin, demaryius thomas, eric decker, mike wallace, aj green.....luckily we might not see percy harvin he would've been a problem