Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN ranks Ricky Jean Francios #3 overpaid player

HtownColt

Here is his reaction:

@Freakyjean99: ESPN just named me #3 most overpaid in the NFL. I like to thank all the reporters that voted me #3, wished y'all would of done this......

@Freakyjean99: Earlier I would of had a good reason to head to the #ESPYS. Hahaha I'm laughing at y'all bro.

@Freakyjean99: Y'all must don't no what are D-Fin look like an you must don't know who my #QB is or my #WRs or my #RBs

@Freakyjean99: I love this, I love this.. #Indianapolis we going to have a ball this season. Hopefully y'all really for #BTM

@Freakyjean99: It's a movement #BTM http://t.co/TaWRSSr9Kp

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how they come up with this stuff. I could name 20 players off the top of my head who are more overpaid than RJF.

I think we went a little high on his deal; I mentioned that in a different thread a few weeks ago, and I said it from the beginning. But not so much that he'd be the third most overpaid in the league. That's just nuts.

I don't know how they come up with this stuff. I could name 20 players off the top of my head who are more overpaid than RJF.

I think we went a little high on his deal; I mentioned that in a different thread a few weeks ago, and I said it from the beginning. But not so much that he'd be the third most overpaid in the league. That's just nuts.

agreed

Here is his reaction:

@Freakyjean99: ESPN just named me #3 most overpaid in the NFL. I like to thank all the reporters that voted me #3, wished y'all would of done this......

@Freakyjean99: Earlier I would of had a good reason to head to the #ESPYS. Hahaha I'm laughing at y'all bro.

@Freakyjean99: Y'all must don't no what are D-Fin look like an you must don't know who my #QB is or my #WRs or my #RBs

@Freakyjean99: I love this, I love this.. #Indianapolis we going to have a ball this season. Hopefully y'all really for #BTM

@Freakyjean99: It's a movement #BTM http://t.co/TaWRSSr9Kp

he should do a little more research. ESPN didn't make the list. Forbes made the list, ESPN just reported their findings

I don't know how they come up with this stuff. I could name 20 players off the top of my head who are more overpaid than RJF.I think we went a little high on his deal; I mentioned that in a different thread a few weeks ago, and I said it from the beginning. But not so much that he'd be the third most overpaid in the league. That's just nuts.

You must dont no.

he should do a little more research. ESPN didn't make the list. Forbes made the list, ESPN just reported their findings

Ironic, I thought Forbes usually feature overpaid people? But they feel the need to list overpaid athletes?

Here were the NFL's Most Overpaid Players in 2013 according to Forbes.com:

1. Jerome Felton, FB, Minnesota Vikings

2. John Carlson, TE, Minnesota Vikings

3. Ricky Jean-Francois, DT, Indianapolis Colts

4. Paul Kruger, LB, Cleveland Browns

5. Le'Ron McClain, FB, San Diego Chargers

6. Craig Stevens, TE, Tennessee Titans

7. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona Cardinals

8. Mario Williams, DE, Buffalo Bills

9. Orlando Scandrick, CB, Dallas Cowboys

10. Michael Koenen, P, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Here were the NFL's Most Overpaid Players in 2013 according to Forbes.com:

1. Jerome Felton, FB, Minnesota Vikings

2. John Carlson, TE, Minnesota Vikings

3. Ricky Jean-Francois, DT, Indianapolis Colts

4. Paul Kruger, LB, Cleveland Browns

5. Le'Ron McClain, FB, San Diego Chargers

6. Craig Stevens, TE, Tennessee Titans

7. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona Cardinals

8. Mario Williams, DE, Buffalo Bills

9. Orlando Scandrick, CB, Dallas Cowboys

10. Michael Koenen, P, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

So I figured I'd head over to Forbes.com to see what logic, if any, went into this list. I didn't see any explanation for how they came up with this list.

So I figured I'd head over to Forbes.com to see what logic, if any, went into this list. I didn't see any explanation for how they came up with this list.

They used something stat from Pro Football Reference.

They used their Approximate value statistic to their contract average salary. I don't know anything about the stat

I love the enthusiasm and everything he said, I truly do. It's refreshing to see someone that proud of his team, but why did he say "@Freakyjean99: Y'all must don't no what are D-Fin look like an you must don't know who my #QB is or my #WRs or my #RBs"? They doubt your ability and call you overpaid Ricky not Andrew Luck or Reggie or T.Y. or Vic or Bradshaw. How good our team is or possibly could be has no influence on you being overpaid lol. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

You get paid for what you can do, not what you did.  (At least that's what good GMs do) So any statistical analysis and how it relates to a player's contract like RJF who hasn't play out any of his current deal is just plain stupid.  That goes for everyone that thinks we overpaid for guys.  I don't care what market value is, we shouldn't even discuss it until the contract is up, and argue if he lived up to it.

But go ahead haters say our guys are overpaid, and make sure they hear you, so it'll be all the sweeter when they prove you wrong, and there cashin the checks that they deserve vs. getting paid to write articles pretending you know what you're talking about. FACE!

I love the enthusiasm and everything he said, I truly do. It's refreshing to see someone that proud of his team, but why did he say "@Freakyjean99: Y'all must don't no what are D-Fin look like an you must don't know who my #QB is or my #WRs or my #RBs"? They doubt your ability and call you overpaid Ricky not Andrew Luck or Reggie or T.Y. or Vic or Bradshaw. How good our team is or possibly could be has no influence on you being overpaid lol.

But ESPN as a whole doubts the whole team, he was probably just unleashing on them for all they said about us

But ESPN as a whole doubts the whole team, he was probably just unleashing on them for all they said about us

But ESPN isn't alone.    Most sports media predicts that the Colts will fall back a bit this year.   Not sure anyone predicts we'll win 11 games again.

So, pretty much everyone thinks we'll win less.   The only question is how much less.     This view of the Colts isn't an ESPN issue.   Everyone has it.

But ESPN isn't alone. Most sports media predicts that the Colts will fall back a bit this year. Not sure anyone predicts we'll win 11 games again.

So, pretty much everyone thinks we'll win less. The only question is how much less. This view of the Colts isn't an ESPN issue. Everyone has it.

And Francios is putting everybody on notice

According to them, Larry Fitz is the seventh most overpaid player in the league?  WHAT!?  How can a top 3, if not THE best WR in the game ends up on a list like this?  Was that a typo by the reporter or something?  How does that happen?

Anyone who takes this list seriously must have been one of those people who were unhappy with our offseason and wants to use this as ammunition for their argument.

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, August 15, 2013 - double post
Hidden by Warhorse, August 15, 2013 - double post

According to them, Larry Fitz is the seventh most overpaid player in the league?  WHAT!?  How can a top 3, if not THE best WR in the game ends up on a list like this?  Was that a typo by the reporter or something?  How does that happen?

Anyone who takes this list seriously must have been one of those people who were unhappy with our offseason and wants to use this as ammunition for their argument.

I actually think he has the talent to live up to the contract average of 5.5 mill per year, He is a speed rusher who can get pressure from the interior of the D Line as well as DE , Do I think he will live up to that 5.5 mill a year average? No, if he can AVERAGE 5.5 sacks a year (very reasonable in this defense) then I think he definitly earned his contract however

I thought the same thing when I read his tweets, but I'm not gonna fault the guy for showing some team pride!!!

Exactly.  Fitz is not overpaid, he just underperformed last year because his qb was a couple of crappy QBs whose name I can't even remember.  RJF may be overpaid, but I don't know how anyone can possibly know that until the season goes on and see how he performs in relation to his pay.  PFF usually does a pretty good job with analyzing that.  They have articles every year on the subject and actually explain themselves.