Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Reggie Get Re-Signed in 2015?

ColtsBTM12

Reggie Wayne hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. He's played for the Colts since 2001, and with 12 years under his belt he keeps driving forward. Even now, at 34 years old and soon to be 35, Reggie is the number one guy for Andrew Luck to throw the ball to and a great leader among the other recievers. That said, if by 2015 the Colts don't have their Wayne successor and he is still playing at a high level do see the Colts re-signing him for another 1 or 2 years? I would hate to see him go play somewhere else at the end of his career.

I think that it depends on a couple of things,  does his play remain at the high level as it is now (or close).

How much is he willing to sign for to remain a Colt through the end of his carrier.

As much as I would hate to see him "kicked to the curb" in this new NFL you just can't pay ageing stars like we would all love to see.  The financial restraints in the league today are such that teams cannot "reward" players at the end of their careers, it has too much impact on the rest of the team for many years.

He is a great player, a great leader, but if he demands big bucks it's not going to happen.

Kinda sad but reality.

My take:  If the Colts are looking like real contenders for another Lombardi, He might sign for next to nothing to be part of that.

If not he might just retire.

Time will Tell!

I think he is a unique talent that will still be producing at a high level until he is close to 40 years old. He has that will power not to give in, to keep training and working hard. I believe Reggie wants to play as long as his body will let him and I hope it's all with the Colts.

Maybe in the next few years he will become our new slot receiver!

He came back after that dreadful 2011 season when everyone thought he was gone... So unless his production plummets or he demands huge money, both things I don't see happening, he signs another contract and retires a Colt.

I think he is a unique talent that will still be producing at a high level until he is close to 40 years old. He has that will power not to give in, to keep training and working hard. I believe Reggie wants to play as long as his body will let him and I hope it's all with the Colts.

He's already playing the slot. A lot last year, and from what I'm hearing, even more this year.

Makes perfect sense, DHB and TY or Fleener on the outside, Reggie going against the dime or a LB? That's gold Jerry, gold!

Reggie Wayne hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. He's played for the Colts since 2001, and with 12 years under his belt he keeps driving forward. Even now, at 34 years old and soon to be 35, Reggie is the number one guy for Andrew Luck to throw the ball to and a great leader among the other recievers. That said, if by 2015 the Colts don't have their Wayne successor and he is still playing at a high level do see the Colts re-signing him for another 1 or 2 years? I would hate to see him go play somewhere else at the end of his career.

Reggie Wayne IMO will retire a Colt he don't want to play for anyone else :blueshoe:  . The Lombardi is the motivation his chance for 1 is here so as long as 87 wants to play LOS is Home Sweet Home  .

If the Colts were to win the big one he could use just ride off into the sunset like Ray Lewis only minus the deer antler spray .. :thmup:

he will prob retire after his contract is up. he will be 37 almost 38 years old. not many WR's can even play at a high level like he did last year at his age let alone at 37 years old. just glad to see collie got a job in san fran

Hopefully he has a chance to go out a champ with us! Hate to see players keep playing in their later years and look like a shell of their former self. But I guess as a once top athlete you always believe you still got it in the tank. I'm 38 and think I can still hang with the youngsters, lol

I think the thing about Reggie is that he's never really relied on speed, strength, or size. His game is his route running, soft hands, reading defenses, and his connection with his quarterback. As long as he doesn't have a major injury, I think he will retire a Colt. I think it would be a great PR move for Grigs and Company to keep a couple of those players from the last era.

he will prob retire after his contract is up. he will be 37 almost 38 years old. not many WR's can even play at a high level like he did last year at his age let alone at 37 years old. just glad to see collie got a job in san fran

He won't be 37 almost 38 he will be 36 almost 37

He's already playing the slot. A lot last year, and from what I'm hearing, even more this year.

Makes perfect sense, DHB and TY or Fleener on the outside, Reggie going against the dime or a LB? That's gold Jerry, gold!

Okay, settle down, Bania.  Actually, I think you're right.

Love that man, way to good hands , way to dependable, works way to hard, can play from so many WR or Slot positions or right / left sides

Would need a big drop off in order to let him go over the next few years, so its wait I see, I also pending on who drafted and how they perform

2/3 of his plays were in the slot last season.

Great hands of course but he had trouble getting separation on quick plays the last 2 seasons against man coverage.

It will be more noticeable against better teams this season. More likely to be done after next season.

I can see Wayne following in Marvin Harrison footsteps, Harrison played 18 years, so I can see Wayne striving for another 3-4 years in the NFL. Wayne knows how to avoid big hits and get down when he has to, that's how he is able to not miss a game since 01'

I can see Wayne following in Marvin Harrison footsteps, Harrison played 18 years, so I can see Wayne striving for another 3-4 years in the NFL. Wayne knows how to avoid big hits and get down when he has to, that's how he is able to not miss a game since 01'

Marvin played 13 not 18

Marvin played 13 years.

Depends on his knees and separation. At this age, any half yard of separation a WR loses is detrimental. The big key for Reggie is the knees.

If he stays healthy, he can play at 36 or 37 like an Amani Toomer did as a possession wideout towards the end of his years as a Giant.

But I do think his high level will drop after the 2014 season. Maybe next year, Reggie can pull a Ray Lewis and say he is retiring during the 2014 playoff run and we win a SB and send him out on a high note. :)

I have always believed we win the SB in the 2014 season, in year 3 of Luck with Luck taking down either Peyton or Brady in the AFCCG. Hopefully it all comes together then. :)

I hope we can get 3 more years out of him.. After signing back last year, I really believe he retires a Colt. I know many great players go on to new teams to end their careers, but I think 87 retires in Indy.. One year deal after contract expires and then he is done..

Lets hope he can walk out on top and get him one more ring, he deserves it

Depends on his knees and separation. At this age, any half yard of separation a WR loses is detrimental. The big key for Reggie is the knees.

If he stays healthy, he can play at 36 or 37 like an Amani Toomer did as a possession wideout towards the end of his years as a Giant.

But I do think his high level will drop after the 2014 season. Maybe next year, Reggie can pull a Ray Lewis and say he is retiring during the 2014 playoff run and we win a SB. :)

I have always believed we win the SB in the 2014 season, in year 3 of Luck with Luck taking down either Peyton or Brady in the AFCCG. Hopefully it all comes together then. :)

Probably the last year PM would play, and his last legacy-deciding game loss would be against his old team? How ironic. And cruel lol. But yeah as for the topic I agree that Wayne will probably be done by the time 2015 rolls around.

It depends on the development of TY, Fleener, and Allen. If their playing at a pro bowl caliber level which is very  possible then we'll most likely not resign him.   Wayne has been a great role model  and provided leadership to the younger guys and i'm sure they appreciate everything he's done. In 2015 Luck, TY,Fleener, and Allen will be 25 or 26 by then they'll have the experience that's needed to win and will carry the torch that has been passed by Reggie.