Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jadeveon Clowney reportedly ran a 4.46 forty.

haha Love this quote: His hit on Michigan running back Vincent Smith in last year’s Outback Bowl might be one of the best plays I’ve ever seen, and it’s possible that Smith’s helmet did a 4.2 on its way off Smith’s head that day.

That would be pretty crazy.  To run a 4.46 at 274 lbs is nuts.  I believe Freeney ran a 4.4 at his pro day or Combine or something.

haha Love this quote: His hit on Michigan running back Vincent Smith in last year’s Outback Bowl might be one of the best plays I’ve ever seen, and it’s possible that Smith’s helmet did a 4.2 on its way off Smith’s head that day.

That would be pretty crazy.  To run a 4.46 at 274 lbs is nuts.  I believe Freeney ran a 4.4 at his pro day or Combine or something.

Yeah, Freeney put up similar #'s at 269 lbs.

That would be pretty crazy. To run a 4.46 at 274 lbs is nuts. I believe Freeney ran a 4.4 at his pro day or Combine or something.

Freeney ran a 4.48 at 266lbs at the combine, but reportedly ran a 4.40 at some point at Syracuse

Barring a QB going higher out of need, Clowney's got to be the odds-on favorite to go #1 overall.

Also, keep an eye on Taylor Lewan. He was the guy who blocked Clowney that game, but wasn't the blocker on that particular play. Lewan did a great job against Clowney and would've been a high pick this year had he not returned his senior year.

That would be pretty crazy. To run a 4.46 at 274 lbs is nuts. I believe Freeney ran a 4.4 at his pro day or Combine or something.

He hit a 5'6 160 lbs RB who was completely helpless straight on. I'm sorry, but that hit is way overhyped.

The player, however, isn't.

Barring a QB going higher out of need, Clowney's got to be the odds-on favorite to go #1 overall.

Also, keep an eye on Taylor Lewan. He was the guy who blocked Clowney that game, but wasn't the blocker on that particular play. Lewan did a great job against Clowney and would've been a high pick this year had he not returned his senior year.

Yea , other than some QB looking like a stud , he's a lock to go No 1.

He hit a 5'6 160 lbs RB who was completely helpless straight on. I'm sorry, but that hit is way overhyped.

The player, however, isn't.

Since I can't give you more than one 'like' for a post,  I'm giving you a shot-out here for a very, very good post.

Well said, and completely spot on!       :thmup:

Since I can't give you more than one 'like' for a post,  I'm giving you a shot-out here for a very, very good post.

Well said, and completely spot on!       :thmup:

I loved hitting little flies on the run.....and I am 235....and was not a speed demon :)

Regardless.....OUCH!!

Outback%20Bowl%20-%20Jadeveon%20Clowney.

Pretty sure QB will go #1 but Clowney will probably be the first non QB off the board.  I would guess 3rd overall right now if I had to.  

He also seems to be a bright kid with a good personality.  I liked his interview, and I thought he had a great quote:

On how he stays out of trouble:

"I just stay out of bars, and stay off Twitter."

It sounds SO simple, but it makes a BIG difference.

• 4 weeks later...

Man, that kid can be scary good! 

A little off-topic but can anyone tell me when the college season starts and if you know, how could a fan in Europe watch it? Is there some kind of stream like NFL Game Pass?

In the past, ESPN America showed a lot of college football. Unfortunately that channel went down this summer. It depends on where u live - Germany, Italy, Swiss, Austria? then you could probably watch it on a channel called "SPORT1 US" but I´ve no clue if that is available in your area.

In the past, ESPN America showed a lot of college football. Unfortunately that channel went down this summer. It depends on where u live - Germany, Italy, Swiss, Austria? then you could probably watch it on a channel called "SPORT1 US" but I´ve no clue if that is available in your area.

I live in Denmark :) thank you very for the answer! Im probably just gonna be listening to you guys and your reports.

• 2 weeks later...