Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

we may face collie in our third game

Stephen

I like Collie but I told my buddy last year that its time for the Colts to start dishing out their fair share concussions instead of being on the receiving end all of the time.  I know that sounds bad and of course no one really wants to see concussions but if they are going to happen anyway I am tired of seeing our guys sprawled out on the field.  That said...I hope Collie makes it through the game without incident but I cringe for him with the thought of "Dirty 30" roaming free in our secondary.   I am very concerned with the impact his decision to continue playing football may have on his long term health. 

Not only is Crabtree out for most, if not all of the season....

But I think I heard a story in the last week or so that said Mario Manningham might not be ready for the first few games of the season.

Suddenly, the WR position is a little lean by the bay....

We will see where he lands, then talk about the possibilities.

Right now, the certainty is we will play Freeney in San Diego, ironically where he got his first big Lis Franc injury (in a rainstorm game in 2007)

Ugh...that injury cost us a repeat, imo. That defense with a healthy Sanders and DFree was flat out nasty that year.

But I think I heard a story in the last week or so that said Mario Manningham might not be ready for the first few games of the season.

Doesn't even matter when they can run the ball down people's throat and you still have Vernon Davis who creates mismatches across the board

I don't think I have ever wanted someone to succeed more who isn't a Colt. He is a great football player, and deserves a chance to show it.

In a way..at least to us Colts fans, he will always be a Colt...he gave it all when he was here...and he'd still be here if he wasn't injured so often...I hope he succeeds, as long as he stays healthy...he's definitely a special person and player and will not be forgotten by Colt fans..

Well, they did get Patton in the draft..who a lot of us wanted on the Colts..He's going to get a chance early and often to prove his worth. I think he'll have a huge impact on their passing game..

Well, they did get Patton in the draft..who a lot of us wanted on the Colts..He's going to get a chance early and often to prove his worth. I think he'll have a huge impact on their passing game..

They still have Boldin and Davis too. Wouldn't be surprised if they do end up signing Collie though.

He has had more than a fair shot..      and he has proven to be very "brittle"       He needs to think about his future and let his ego walk out the door.   

His potential NFL career would last until he is 35 MAX...     he has another 35 years of living waiting.    I would prefer to live it with a few more brain cells .....  He is playing with fire.

I don't think I have ever wanted someone to succeed more who isn't a Colt. He is a great football player, and deserves a chance to show it.

He has had more than a fair shot..      and he has proven to be very "brittle"       He needs to think about his future and let his ego walk out the door.   

His potential NFL career would last until he is 35 MAX...     he has another 35 years of living waiting.    I would prefer to live it with a few more brain cells .....  He is playing with fire.

Well said John. I agree 100%. Here is what scares me: Collie willing to sign a waiver just to play. What if you take an enormous hit & your life is forever altered? If a team isn't required to pay your salary or aid in your medical treatment at all should a devastating injury/concussion take place God forbid where does that leave your wife, children, & family? 

What's more important Austin? Football or your beautiful wife's peace of mind? It's really that simple. Don't be selfish let football go...

You could say that about any NFL player.  Keep in mind his last injury was a knee injury not a head injury.  If the Doctors say he can play and he wants to plays then it's his decision.  All these players are well aware of the risks they are taking by playing in the NFL today.  If they want to do it he's an adult he can make that call even if others don't think it's wise. 

It's his brain...    .

You could say that about any NFL player.  Keep in mind his last injury was a knee injury not a head injury.  If the Doctors say he can play and he wants to plays then it's his decision.  All these players are well aware of the risks they are taking by playing in the NFL today.  If they want to do it he's an adult he can make that call even if others don't think it's wise. 

It's his brain...    .

Exactly my point.  Look I understand people who are concerned about Collie and I don't fault them at all for worrying about him.  With that said he has the best doctors in the world looking at him and telling him he can play.  I am sure they have informed him of the risks that come with playing and if Collie is willing to take that risk well that's up to him.  Personally I wouldn't do it and I would never fault a player if he walked away for that reason by the same token if a player wants to play and knows the risks I am not going to fault him either.  With the rise of concussions though, every player is really playing with fire though, that's why I said you could say that about any player.