Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts minicamp

CR91

Not to be a Debbie Downer here but is it possible that Whalen looked so good because he, being on the bubble put his full effort into mini-camp and took some risks with his body that players who know they will be on the roster next year arn't wiling to do??

I'm just wondering if he'd be able to do that same sort of thing if everyone was really putting it all on the line.

bringing back not so pleasant memories of last years colts-jets game :)

what does that say about the new o-line?

nobody said anything about the o-line play.. any insights?

It's an almost completely new unit.  Give them time.

I did notice that they were doubling Josh Chapman every time he was on the field.

How has Vontae Davis been looking? LaRon Landry has been impressing, as well as Greg Toler, and we know Antoine Bethea will play good, but has Vontae Davis looked good? He is potentially our best defensive back, and possibly our best defensive player overall. We could have a really good secondary this season

I have to keep telling myself that this is just practice, but you guys (and girls) that reported really fired me up. Can't wait until July!

Any word on Ijalana? Is he participating?

He was out there but he was just looking at the other o-lineman when I spotted him.

Based on footwork and hand movement

Most impressive Offensive lineman- Justin Anderson

Worst- Lee Ziemba. He will NOT make the team.

If Anderson makes the team & proves to be a solid rotational guy for the O-Line, & Chapman plays at a high level, & Brazil makes the team and adds some decent production in the pass game or even ST's, then the 2012 colts draft just got even better!!!

LOL...

Because it's silly seeing a grown man shove people and little kids out of the way for an autograph. I know not everyone does that, but this guy had me laughing it was like he tunnel visioned and we were all road blocks in his way. It'd be nice to think we could all behave when trying to get an autograph, but there's always gonna be those select few. 

I think I know who your talking about. If it's the same guy he shows up at training camp also. I have had words with him a couple of times. Kind of a big guy around 35 or so? 

Here's a few more updates of mini camp today

George Bremer @gmbremer 2h

LaRon Landry just misses an INT against Luck. #Colts

George Bremer @gmbremer 2h

Outstanding catch by LaVon Brazil, who was falling as he came out of his route and gained possession nearly on ground. #Colts

George Bremer @gmbremer 42m

Luck stayed on the field after practice throwing to WRs including T.Y. Hilton and DHB. Said work won't end with mini-camp. #Colts

George Bremer @gmbremer 41m

Talked with Ryan Grigson before practice. His enthusiasm and excitment with this team is obvious. #Colts

George Bremer @gmbremer 40m

Grigson wasn't afraid to tinker with team that went 11-5, made playoffs. Said whenever you get satisfied in NFL, you're on way out. #Colts

can someone give a run down of what happen

It's some vids on the Colts App from mini camp. Even some highlights of the plays.

It's just the throws and catches though cause as Kevin Bowen stated you're not allowed to show formations. But it's a few drills with Freeman, Landry, Vaughn, & others in the vid. At least it's something you know

If Anderson makes the team & proves to be a solid rotational guy for the O-Line, & Chapman plays at a high level, & Brazil makes the team and adds some decent production in the pass game or even ST's, then the 2012 colts draft just got even better!!!

LOL...

I miss tim fugger :Cry:

How has Vontae Davis been looking? LaRon Landry has been impressing, as well as Greg Toler, and we know Antoine Bethea will play good, but has Vontae Davis looked good? He is potentially our best defensive back, and possibly our best defensive player overall. We could have a really good secondary this season

honestly toler has been the most impressive db so far with his nose for the ball breaking up plays and getting ints. He is all over the field. Davis has been the second best cb getting a few pass break ups but toler is kinda in a league of his own at the moment. Butler has also looked good.

Greg Toler seems to be impressing everyone who's seen him so far. If he stays healthy, I'm loving what I'm hearing about him

I have to agree...  

Tell ya what  Davis, Bethea, Landry, Toler  Starting secondary, looks REAL good out there

DHB had a end reverse run last night, he turned the corner and was gone.  Everybody in my section we all looked at each other like... WOW

Fleener and Allen both looked VERY good last night too

Not to be a Debbie Downer here but is it possible that Whalen looked so good because he, being on the bubble put his full effort into mini-camp and took some risks with his body that players who know they will be on the roster next year arn't wiling to do??

I'm just wondering if he'd be able to do that same sort of thing if everyone was really putting it all on the line.

No, Whalen did not do anything out of the ordinary as far as putting his body on the line. He just made great plays all day.

honestly toler has been the most impressive db so far with his nose for the ball breaking up plays and getting ints. He is all over the field. Davis has been the second best cb getting a few pass break ups but toler is kinda in a league of his own at the moment. Butler has also looked good.

Love it. I'm so excited about the improved secondary. Practicing against these guys will not only help Luck's development, it'll also help the young receivers.

I have been listening to 1070 and 1260 the last 2 days and there has been a lot of Colt talk.     Apparently the most impressive play has come from the defensive backfield.    Toler and Landry have really opened some eyes.   

This D is going to surprise some folks this season.

from colts.com I believe it was a video it said Day 1 Davis climb the ladder to get a pick off of DHB..  I can't wait for the season to start. I truly believe this is the best /; most complete team that has been in Indy. 

I wouldnt go as far as to say Davis was the second best back. Most of the throws were to DHB on Tolers side of the field. Slot guys or TE routes. Dont get confused by the Toler hype. He is good but Davis is the #1 corner we have.

Not close...

from colts.com I believe it was a video it said Day 1 Davis climb the ladder to get a pick off of DHB..  I can't wait for the season to start. I truly believe this is the best /; most complete team that has been in Indy. 

Brad Wells (BBS) @StampedeBlue

So, since I wasn't there, tell me what you saw at Colts minicamp today!

Ben Coe @blcoe

@StampedeBlue Luck looked sharp on his passes, but this D looks dangerous, especially that big nasty d-line.

8:11 PM - 12 Jun 2013

daniel layton @dlayton7832

@StampedeBlue fb Dan Moore is really good! Fast and great catching out of backfield.

8:26 PM - 12 Jun 2013

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/6/13/4426842/2013-colts-minicamp-fans-note-team-changes-at-wednesday-open-practice

Ben Coe @blcoe

@StampedeBlue Luck looked sharp on his passes, but this D looks dangerous, especially that big nasty d-line.

8:11 PM - 12 Jun 2013

daniel layton @dlayton7832

@StampedeBlue fb Dan Moore is really good! Fast and great catching out of backfield.

8:26 PM - 12 Jun 2013

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/6/13/4426842/2013-colts-minicamp-fans-note-team-changes-at-wednesday-open-practice

I'm freaking amped to see this defense in live action.

• 1 month later...