Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You guy's seen Mathis' cool new facemask?

Dustin

I like to see what mathis can do now that dwight is no longer here to demand double teams.

Mathis has had his share of double teams. And if they double team Mathis, who's gonna stop Chapman? If they double team Chapman, who's gonna stop Redding? If they stop Redding, who's gonna stop Walden?

You only get 5 offensive lineman. Someone has to play one on one

Mathis has had his share of double teams. And if they double team Mathis, who's gonna stop Chapman? If they double team Chapman, who's gonna stop Redding? If they stop Redding, who's gonna stop Walden?

You only get 5 offensive lineman. Someone has to play one on one

history has shown when mathis is getting all the attention, hes not as effective. guys like werner and walden are gonna have to beat their man and take the pressure off of mathis

history has shown when mathis is getting all the attention, hes not as effective. guys like werner and walden are gonna have to beat their man and take the pressure off of mathis

I sort of get what you are saying, but Mathis had a nice year last year while DFree was out/ineffective...hence, he still performed while receiving the majority of attention. I think being at OLB instead of DE actually helped in this regard (in years past under the old scheme he did struggle).

Oh, and OT, that facemask is gnarly...love it RM!

And they will. Redding did well with drawing doubles last year. Like I said, you only get 5 offensive linemen

look at the super bowl in 09. look at the 07 playoff game vs the chargers

2 games? And after a rough start, the Saints went 3 step drop quick pass...there really wasn't much Mathis could do.

I asked because somebody made the claim a couple years ago that Mathis' numbers were the same if Freeney was playing or not.

2 games? And after a rough start, the Saints went 3 step drop quick pass...there really wasn't much Mathis could do.

I asked because somebody made the claim a couple years ago that Mathis' numbers were the same if Freeney was playing or not.

check the games in 07 when freeney was hurt. mathis couldnt do anything.