Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigs is making us

Monster

STRONGER EVERYDAY!!  Im SOOO pumped we got the Bradshaw deal done! I'd hoped we were gonna get a feature back (Eddy Lacy/Laveon Bell) in the draft.  And was disappointed when we didnt. I NOW see why.  Grigson IS building the Monster, The team we're gonna put on the field this season is gonna be just plain Beast Mode!! I  believe we still are and will be largely underestimated by the media and the NFL in general..And I LOVE IT!  The moves Grigson have made, and the way he leaves no stone unturned when it comes to finding potential talented ball players. I love how he has assembled these group of players AND coaches that are, and will continue to mesh well and get better with every practice session..It has colts nation pumped and excited for another season,  which is why I can see ANOTHER GM OF THE YEAR AWARD!!!    JMHO.

Although Bradshaw will be very beneficial for us I don't see it as a "make us or break us" deal. I think we'll have a nice, balanced rotation at RB and a very well rounded offense in general.

Grigson continues to impress and build for success

He should be given so much credit for how he has approached this off-season. Even if it doesn't all work out, he is doing everything in his power to make us as complete as possible.

Why build gradually when you can build now.

He should be given so much credit for how he has approached this off-season. Even if it doesn't all work out, he is doing everything in his power to make us as complete as possible.

He laid the foundation for this last offseason. We added more free agents than I expected this year, but it's always been clear that Grigson is going to keep tinkering with the roster. The turnover from the 2011 season to now has been tremendous.

That is what drove me nuts with Bill Polian. You don't need to go after high priced FAs and overpay your own FAs, but you can let the dust settle from the high priced FA market and still add FA pieces to help your team constantly. I never understood why we didn't do enough of that.

He laid the foundation for this last offseason. We added more free agents than I expected this year, but it's always been clear that Grigson is going to keep tinkering with the roster. The turnover from the 2011 season to now has been tremendous.

It's unrecognizable. But on paper, a much better roster.

It's unrecognizable. But on paper, a much better roster.

I completely agree, even considering that Manning (although injured) was on that roster... I might not feel that way if all of the vets on the 2011 roster were in their primes, but they were not.. two seasons from now our punter and LT might be the only starters left from that team...

I am pretty sure that with the newly acquired FA's, draft picks, & UDFA's the Colts could field a team comprised from those new players alone, that could beat a third of the teams in the league!!!

Or at least the Jags...

They could definitely be competitive.

Probably would have to go for it on 4th down though.

Pretty clear Grigs wants to be in the AFC Championship game, and win it. Then off to the East Coast to the frozen tundra for a SMASH MOUTH ground and pound Super Bowl Championship game. Her isnt happy with losing thats obvious with the constant roster upgrades. He is on track for another GM of the year award.

That is what drove me nuts with Bill Polian. You don't need to go after high priced FAs and overpay your own FAs, but you can let the dust settle from the high priced FA market and still add FA pieces to help your team constantly. I never understood why we didn't do enough of that.

I'm not going to defend Polian, but I don't want to demonize him either.  He never had a lot of money to work with, and I think he did a pretty good job with what he had. 

I agree with you on the premise, but I'm not sure who you'd site as an example.  I know I wanted to get Ted Ginn when he was being traded for a song.  We needed a return guy, and he would have seen some time at WR guy.  Using 20/20 hindsight, I'm sure we can come up with more examples of cheap FAs that worked out.  I just can't think of too many right now. 

We made the playoffs all but what, 3 times? during BPs regime.  I wonder if any GM can make that claim?

Right, right

I was basically stating the fact that Grigson has gone APEY, and brought in a ridiculous amount of FA's...

Awesome...

And I agree completely. But when I was running through the depth chart in my head, I couldn't find a kicker or a punter :)

Heck,  to me,  it feels like the turnover from the 2012 season to now has been tremendous!!     :thmup:

I too feel so pumped about the upcoming season with all the good roster additions. Was saying to a friend that i thought the colts would win the superbowl, he laughed thinking it was a joke but then stopped when he found out i was being serious. Can really see it happening, just need something to fuel and inspire the season.

Exactly right. I thought so many times how one or two players above average (but not great) free agents would have helped us in the Polina era. Grigs is doing it.

They aren't messing around, team was deconstructed and reconstructed fairly quickly, almost unprecedented. Hopefully it pans out well like it did last year. Personally, I think on paper they look significantly better. We'll get to see it in action soon enough. So many solid players added to the team it's ridiculous, wouldn't be surprised if they damage the crap out of teams on both offense and defense. After all, it is developing into what appears to be one nasty monster.

STRONGER EVERYDAY!!  Im SOOO pumped we got the Bradshaw deal done! I'd hoped we were gonna get a feature back (Eddy Lacy/Laveon Bell) in the draft.  And was disappointed when we didnt. I NOW see why.  Grigson IS building the Monster, The team we're gonna put on the field this season is gonna be just plain Beast Mode!! I  believe we still are and will be largely underestimated by the media and the NFL in general..And I LOVE IT!  The moves Grigson have made, and the way he leaves no stone unturned when it comes to finding potential talented ball players. I love how he has assembled these group of players AND coaches that are, and will continue to mesh well and get better with every practice session..It has colts nation pumped and excited for another season,  which is why I can see ANOTHER GM OF THE YEAR AWARD!!!    JMHO.

I'm going out on a limb and going to say that this to best talent on paper we've ever had. 

Yup just like he was in the National Championship Game...

Yup, he had quite the impact!  NOT

But I do wish him luck in Diego.

10 tackles is pretty good and even though he didn't have a GREAT game that still dont diminish what he did against everyone else

Couple of things i would like to say:

Though we have made a lot of moves in the offseason the one thing i love most is....

WE ARE STILL UNDERATED by most other fans and the media especially.

If you look at our team we've pretty much added at the very least depth to most positons

A solid Backup QB that i hope never sees the field (IF WE GET Up in a game take a kneee :) )

A Good change of pace/short yardage back in Bradshaw (I like how his contract is slated, he gets money per game he plays incentive for him to condition right and stay better)

A WR that like this team is underated yes i know he drops the ball but he is on a small contract with big upside!

at least 2-4 New starters on OL RT and at least 1 guard are almost guarenteed!

We got some kind of draft pick for our back up center (Wether you hate Sampson or not at least we get some sort of draft pick)

A bigger hopefully better run stopping front 7, RJF, Franklin REDDING SOUNDS BEAST along with Freeman in another year (I CAN"T WAIT TO SEE FREEMAN)!!!

A new corner, and a new safety

Couple of things i want to say is that i love the high reward low risk deals we gave out with our new OC i think LUck will be muchhhhhh better with the turnovers! And i Love that Pagano is a defensive minded headcoach it makes it easier for us to focus on both sides of the ball!

The last thing that i love that our offensive nucleus is young (QB, LT, WR RB, 2 young TES) i think we had a fantastic draft last year looking back and i hope we hit it big again this year i think we hit the right positions needed now it is time for the players drafted to step up!

I want you all to know that i just bought myself a 70" high definition TV just so i can enjoy this season! GO COLTS

I want you all to know that i just bought myself a 70" high definition TV just so i can enjoy this season! GO COLTS

You know, I was really likeing what you had to say, and I agree with your perceptions.

BUT, with that last statement, I'm just really really *!

Thanks for ruining my evening...

haha  :funny:  enjoy your new TV   GO  :coltslogo: