Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think the Wilso/RG3 hype bothers Andrew?

GoodLuck

It is not difficult to see why some Colts fans would have preferred Griffin, he's an outstanding prospect if he is coached well. I prefer Luck a hundred times over, but I rarely agree with half the opinions posted on here every day. It's all part of the fun of sports - divided opinion. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okie dokie your right about the very few of you part lol

However, I am glad Luck has Grigson as a GM who is doing eveything he can make to sure he's surrounded with a great team. I would have liked to have seen Peyton have that same opportunity, however it may have meant no Reggie or Dallas. Ah well. I look forward to watching another great team for the next 10+ years, hopefully.

Why do you prefer him over Luck?

From a pure passing stand-point, he reminds me a lot of Aaron Rodgers (reads and reacts VERY quickly), plus his mobility in and out of the pocket is on a whole different level. I would have loved to see him indoors on field-turf. I just believe he's a better overall QB than Luck is and once the Redskins let him sit in the pocket and pass the ball 25-30 times a game it will show.

Again, just my OPINION...

It is not difficult to see why some Colts fans would have preferred Griffin, he's an outstanding prospect if he is coached well. I prefer Luck a hundred times over, but I rarely agree with half the opinions posted on here every day. It's all part of the fun of sports - divided opinion. 

That's why I like you BHC. You stick to your convictions & even let me know when you disagree & think I am way off base & full of crap. I respect that. RG3 is a great QB as well I won't diminish his skill set at all. Let's just say that I prefer Andrew Luck's size, durability, & body type overall & that both men will win rings in this league IMO. 

Andrew Luck only cares about winning the respect of his coaches, his owner, his team mates, & his INDY fan base everything else is meaningless tabloid fodder. 

Look, the only time Luck would care about his image is if he was facing QB Russel Wilson in the SB with 45 seconds left in the 4th quarter down 6 points & he threw a pick to Richard Sherman. Then, Luck might be ticked off at himself & disappointed that Wilson is being named SB MVP instead of him. Beyond that, I really don't think Luck gives a darn myself. 

Just focus on your city, your franchise, your team mates, & what you & you alone can control. Everything else is noise pollution, petty distraction, & insignificant media garbage to me. 

He cares more about 6'5" Jack Reacher being played by Tom Cruise. Or who is going to win the UEFA Champions League ~ Borussia Dortmund or Bayern Munich.

Speaking of Jack Reacher, I heard that this is a really pathetic movie starring Tom Cruise. I do love watching a good train wreck though. Just how bad can cheesy acting get with a substandard plot? Just let me get my snacks & I'll be right back buddy.  haha Even Scientology can't resurrect this comical excuse for a spy thriller...Jason Bourne Mr. Cruise is not I'm afraid...

You need to change screen name to Bleedburgundy8792

There was a Bleedblu8792 on cbs Indy Colts board he was for BobbyG also.

I believe he's totally wrong, BobbyG is a fad like when M.Vick came into the league, everybody got a thrill up their legs when he runs like M.Vick and if M.Vick wasn't in prison for 2 years his body would have been used up by now and so the dog fight extended his career and not very bright people gave him a huge contract and thus so it was a great move on his part dog fighting and killing the badly injured dogs. BobbyG is on his 3rd knee and will be on his 4th after next season in the off season if they let him run like last year, if everybody remembers my arguments with BobbyGIII on here and told him even before the concussion that he would get hurt and he got hurt 2 times and the second was the clincher, there is nothing wrong with running when a play breaks down like A.Luck did often cause the o-line stunk up the joint, A.Luck was the smarter of the 2 for going out of bounds when he had to to be safe for the next play. The Baylor/Nevada zone read option gimmick offense works in college since players are not as good on a team as a whole. The NFL is the best of the best and it won't work after it gets figured out just like that wildcat gimmick, yea it caught teams off guard the year before last, but last year is wasn't as effected and not used very much and the same will happen with the Baylor/Nevada zone read option gimmick offense.....

Again, just my OPINION... :}

Go Colts!!!!!

There was a Bleedblu8792 on cbs Indy Colts board he was for BobbyG also.

I believe he's totally wrong, BobbyG is a fad like when M.Vick came into the league, everybody got a thrill up their legs when he runs like M.Vick and if M.Vick wasn't in prison for 2 years his body would have been used up by now and so the dog fight extended his career and not very bright people gave him a huge contract and thus so it was a great move on his part dog fighting and killing the badly injured dogs. BobbyG is on his 3rd knee and will be on his 4th after next season in the off season if they let him run like last year, if everybody remembers my arguments with BobbyGIII on here and told him even before the concussion that he would get hurt and he got hurt 2 times and the second was the clincher, there is nothing wrong with running when a play breaks down like A.Luck did often cause the o-line stunk up the joint, A.Luck was the smarter of the 2 for going out of bounds when he had to to be safe for the next play. The Baylor/Nevada zone read option gimmick offense works in college since players are not as good on a team as a whole. The NFL is the best of the best and it won't work after it gets figured out just like that wildcat gimmick, yea it caught teams off guard the year before last, but last year is wasn't as effected and not used very much and the same will happen with the Baylor/Nevada zone read option gimmick offense.....

Go Colts!!!!!

Same guy...

We aren't going to rehash this again, but your insecure arguments remain the same ie. comparing him to Vick (presumably because he's a black QB who can run). However, I was referring to his pure "passing" ability as an overall QB which it's obvious you missed.

I will say it again; I have no problems with Luck nor him being the QB of the Colts. I will support him regardless and look forward to him being a multi-time champion, hopefully. My preference on who I thought was better was just different than the majority of the fan-base.

Back to the original topic, Luck doesn't seem like the one to let what other people are doing affect him in any way. Unless you are affiliated with him or the team, you probably don't matter.

From a pure passing stand-point, he reminds me a lot of Aaron Rodgers (reads and reacts VERY quickly), plus his mobility in and out of the pocket is on a whole different level. I would have loved to see him indoors on field-turf. I just believe he's a better overall QB than Luck is and once the Redskins let him sit in the pocket and pass the ball 25-30 times a game it will show.

Again, just my OPINION...

i'd say rg is a "flashier" player, but think he fits better where he is, in the capital, as he seems to like the media attention he gets (statements like making cowboys stadium their home and whooping their behinds ..).. have to admit, i envy some of rg's play-making ability, but don't care much about his showmanship..  

i prefer luck in indy, because of his character.. and the fact he's built to endure more hits..

There was a Bleedblu8792 on cbs Indy Colts board he was for BobbyG also.

I believe he's totally wrong, BobbyG is a fad like when M.Vick came into the league, everybody got a thrill up their legs when he runs like M.Vick and if M.Vick wasn't in prison for 2 years his body would have been used up by now and so the dog fight extended his career and not very bright people gave him a huge contract and thus so it was a great move on his part dog fighting and killing the badly injured dogs. BobbyG is on his 3rd knee and will be on his 4th after next season in the off season if they let him run like last year, if everybody remembers my arguments with BobbyGIII on here and told him even before the concussion that he would get hurt and he got hurt 2 times and the second was the clincher, there is nothing wrong with running when a play breaks down like A.Luck did often cause the o-line stunk up the joint, A.Luck was the smarter of the 2 for going out of bounds when he had to to be safe for the next play. The Baylor/Nevada zone read option gimmick offense works in college since players are not as good on a team as a whole. The NFL is the best of the best and it won't work after it gets figured out just like that wildcat gimmick, yea it caught teams off guard the year before last, but last year is wasn't as effected and not used very much and the same will happen with the Baylor/Nevada zone read option gimmick offense.....

Go Colts!!!!!

You say it's your opinion, but you use it to disregard what BleedingBlu is saying, as if he must be a troll because he thinks another QB is better than a Colts QB on a Colts forum. Whilst I prefer Luck and believe he has a higher ceiling, let us not forget that RG3 is an incredibly talented player and will be one of the very best in this league if he stays healthy. To compare the Read-option to the Wildcat is narrow-minded. The Wildcat never had the success the Read-option has had, it catapulted teams into genuine Super Bowl contenders when the right pieces were in place in their offense (Seahawks, Redskins, 49'ers). It may be found out eventually and limited, but it is certainly more than just a gimmick.

I am sure he has read the same arguments you present to him 100 times over, why not just accept his opinion?

Luck isn't even bothered by his Zac Morris cell phone, I'm sure he doesn't care about all the "hype". 

Luck is in no way bothered by RG3 and and Russel Wilson.  He is however having nightmares virtually every night...being visited by the "Ghost of Curtis Painter." 11.gif

Luck has got to live daily to cope with the stress and anxiety of living up to the standards of Curtis "Jeffery" Painter....and Luck even stayed at a Holiday in last night....thank%20god.gif

He doesn't seem to care in his interviews. I don't think he does.

Wilson had a better team, & Griffin had an easy offense to run (Ex:So easy, even Kirk Cousins ran it well)

Andrew is the kind of guy who could care less about what everyone else is doing

TK id love to have Cousins as our back up,the kid can play,Lol we got the right QB,and im with Andrew ,let them run theyre Pie Hole lets do the talking on the Field :thmup:

Speaking of Jack Reacher, I heard that this is a really pathetic movie starring Tom Cruise. I do love watching a good train wreck though. Just how bad can cheesy acting get with a substandard plot? Just let me get my snacks & I'll be right back buddy. haha Even Scientology can't resurrect this comical excuse for a spy thriller...Jason Bourne Mr. Cruise is not I'm afraid...

I saw it over the weekend, I'm pretty easy when it comes to movies. It however was definitely no masterpiece to say the least. haha

It bothers me. Those two had superior teams around them. They had an offense built around them rather than having something forced on them.

No, it bothers fans. If Andrew was complaining and said "hey had an offense built around them ect ect" his teammates would laugh in his face asking him if he wants his blanky.

He's probably crying into his millions right now.  

Really, I think these guys learn from an early age not to listen to the media hype about anyone just to focus what's at hand.

The media hype doesn't have anything to do with them winning football games.  

TK id love to have Cousins as our back up,the kid can play,Lol we got the right QB,and im with Andrew ,let them run theyre Pie Hole lets do the talking on the Field :thmup:

Come on Jay, let's be honest here. You only want Cousins cause his 1st name is the same as the 2nd name on your username lmao

Come on Jay, let's be honest here. You only want Cousins cause his 1st name is the same as the 2nd name on your username lmao

His first name (Cousins) is the same as my first name.

But that guy is gonna get his shot to start.  The only reason the Redskins won't trade him is RG3 is injured a lot and they need a really good plan B at QB.

But if they don't trade him first, after his rookie contract runs out, he will sign someplace where he can compete for the starting job.  

His first name (Cousins) is the same as my first name.

But that guy is gonna get his shot to start. The only reason the Redskins won't trade him is RG3 is injured a lot and they need a really good plan B at QB.

But if they don't trade him first, after his rookie contract runs out, he will sign someplace where he can compete for the starting job.

Yep, the Matt Flynn effect sorta

Yep, the Matt Flynn effect sorta

Yeah but he did well in like 2 or 3 different games, not just by having 1 big game.  

I think he's at the very least one of the best backups in the league.  Otherwise the Skins (who see him in practice) would have traded him out, they could have gotten at least a 2nd rounder for him and they only spent a 4th on him.  

The fact that they are hanging on to him seems to indicate that they don't think they could sign a better back up in FA or draft one in the 4th or later.  

Speaking of Jack Reacher, I heard that this is a really pathetic movie starring Tom Cruise. I do love watching a good train wreck though. Just how bad can cheesy acting get with a substandard plot? Just let me get my snacks & I'll be right back buddy.  haha Even Scientology can't resurrect this comical excuse for a spy thriller...Jason Bourne Mr. Cruise is not I'm afraid...

I actually liked Jack Reacher.  Tom Cruise a weirdo in real life but i like most of his movies

I will leave it at this: Yes, I prefer him over Luck, and no I don't believe the Redskins team, as a whole, was any better than the Colts' last year.

First off, it was refreshing to read how you worded ur posts about preferring RG3 over Luck.  It is ur opinion and a fun thing to debate but some people have a way of getting under my skin the way the say it.  You sir, did not.

in reply to the comment i quoted, the HUGE advantage the redskins and RG3 had over the colts and Luck is the OLine.  This year will tell a lot about how far either team is going to go in the next decade.  would be really freakin cool if in the next few years we had a Luck vs RG3 superbowl... 

Bleedb:

However, I was referring to his pure "passing" ability as an overall QB which it's obvious you missed.

I did watch his passing ability and I was not impressed as you are, the long passes I did see him put his head down (you don't do) and heaved it up for grabs (you don't do) watch T.Brady on some of his hail mary's and you'll see him do the same thing, and that TD he threw to Garcon was above him and behind him and it was Garcon who reached up to grab it off balance and came down and the DB behind him playing the ball and if Garcon didn't catch it it would have been a INT and Garcon made another DB miss and took off running.

The ball A.Luck threw to TY in a game was when he broke open A.Luck threw it with his head up and looking forward and flicked it with little effort and it dropped right in TY arms and the same with the TD he threw to Brazill he threw it long with his head up looking in that direction and flicked it with little effort. With a great o-line A.Luck will pick DB's apart.

I only see the little effort in BobbyG short passes out of the ZRO offense. It's a fad/gimmick offense and if you like the thrill up you leg when he runs like they did with M.Vick fine that's your choice but don't try to convince me of the mass delusion the media has BobbyG you all can chant it all you want I don't see it, if he was so great they wouldn't have had to go back to his Baylor/Nevada ZRO offense after his 2nd game and the same with R.Wilson who in P.Carrolls own words they switched to the offense the Redskins were running after R.Wilsons 4th game to maximize R.Wilsons talents better and they also took off and were successful.

In that big Giants/Skins game I recorded 44 ZRO offense schemes and only 9 under center and they were 3rd and shorts and the game ending kneel downs to end the game, the ZRO offense is a fad/Gimmick and will be figured out before the start of the year and if teams still use it those bigger better quicker LB catch a running QB it might be "That's All Folks" for your thrill up your leg running short shelf life QB's!!!!!

Go Colts!!!!!

Ps. Don't bring out the race card I don't scare away like others, to me BobbyG to anybody plays like M.Vick and that running QB crap, I don't like it and it ruins QB's careers and it will with BobbyG!!!!!

Bleedb:

However, I was referring to his pure "passing" ability as an overall QB which it's obvious you missed.

I did watch his passing ability and I was not impressed as you are, the long passes I did see him put his head down (you don't do) and heaved it up for grabs (you don't do) watch T.Brady on some of his hail mary's and you'll see him do the same thing, and that TD he threw to Garcon was above him and behind him and it was Garcon who reached up to grab it off balance and came down and the DB behind him playing the ball and if Garcon didn't catch it it would have been a INT and Garcon made another DB miss and took off running.

The ball A.Luck threw to TY in a game was when he broke open A.Luck threw it with his head up and looking forward and flicked it with little effort and it dropped right in TY arms and the same with the TD he threw to Brazill he threw it long with his head up looking in that direction and flicked it with little effort. With a great o-line A.Luck will pick DB's apart.

I only see the little effort in BobbyG short passes out of the ZRO offense. It's a fad/gimmick offense and if you like the thrill up you leg when he runs like they did with M.Vick fine that's your choice but don't try to convince me of the mass delusion the media has BobbyG you all can chant it all you want I don't see it, if he was so great they wouldn't have had to go back to his Baylor/Nevada ZRO offense after his 2nd game and the same with R.Wilson who in P.Carrolls own words they switched to the offense the Redskins were running after R.Wilsons 4th game to maximize R.Wilsons talents better and they also took off and were successful.

In that big Giants/Skins game I recorded 44 ZRO offense schemes and only 9 under center and they were 3rd and shorts and the game ending kneel downs to end the game, the ZRO offense is a fad/Gimmick and will be figured out before the start of the year and if teams still use it those bigger better quicker LB catch a running QB it might be "That's All Folks" for your thrill up your leg running short shelf life QB's!!!!!

Go Colts!!!!!

Ps. Don't bring out the race card I don't scare away like others, to me BobbyG to anybody plays like M.Vick and that running QB crap, I don't like it and it ruins QB's careers and it will with BobbyG!!!!!

You're right. Robert Griffin can't pass. I suppose that his 3200 passing yards and 102.4 passer rating were all a fluke. Right. He's going to fail and like everybody said, zone read guys will never make it to the Super Bowl.

But wait. Hold on. Didn't this guy named Kaepernick just make a SB? Please, guys like Wilson, Kaepernick, and Griffin will all be fine. To compare any of them to Vick is insulting because they are all good passers as well. Vick has been in the league for 13 years now so I'm pretty sure his career hasn't exactly been destroyed either.

You're right. Robert Griffin can't pass. I suppose that his 3200 passing yards and 102.4 passer rating were all a fluke. Right. He's going to fail and like everybody said, zone read guys will never make it to the Super Bowl.

But wait. Hold on. Didn't this guy named Kaepernick just make a SB? Please, guys like Wilson, Kaepernick, and Griffin will all be fine. To compare any of them to Vick is insulting because they are all good passers as well. Vick has been in the league for 13 years now so I'm pretty sure his career hasn't exactly been destroyed either.

Kaepernick and Wilson ran the zone read 5.6% and 4.5% of all their offensive plays. Their offenses aren't bulit around it like Washington's is. I think he's being a little over the top, but comparing San Fran and Seattles use of the ZRO to Washington's isn't a good comparison.

Kaepernick and Wilson ran the zone read 5.6% and 4.5% of all their offensive plays. Their offenses aren't bulit around it like Washington's is. I think he's being a little over the top, but comparing San Fran and Seattles use of the ZRO to Washington's isn't a good comparison.

I'm not saying that they use it as much as Griffin but the guy is indeed going way over the top. In any case, I don't think defenses are going to figure it out as easily and quickly as Codeblue seems to think. Offenses adapt and change, and with his injury thinking of Griffin hanging in the pocket more and only running when necessary, ala Rodgers, isn't exactly a type of thing that screams ruined career to me lol.

I'm not saying that they use it as much as Griffin but the guy is indeed going way over the top. In any case, I don't think defenses are going to figure it out as easily and quickly as Codeblue seems to think. Offenses adapt and change, and with his injury thinking of Griffin hanging in the pocket more and only running when necessary, ala Rodgers, isn't exactly a type of thing that screams ruined career to me lol.

Defenses always figure out everything except one....execution.  Manning proved this for a decade.  Defenses knew what we were doing but couldn't stop Peyton's flawless execution.  If RG and Wilson end up being great pocket passers like Luck, then yes, they will thrive.  But it's not a given because they haven't really done it that much.

Same guy...

We aren't going to rehash this again, but your insecure arguments remain the same ie. comparing him to Vick (presumably because he's a black QB who can run). However, I was referring to his pure "passing" ability as an overall QB which it's obvious you missed.

I will say it again; I have no problems with Luck nor him being the QB of the Colts. I will support him regardless and look forward to him being a multi-time champion, hopefully. My preference on who I thought was better was just different than the majority of the fan-base.

Back to the original topic, Luck doesn't seem like the one to let what other people are doing affect him in any way. Unless you are affiliated with him or the team, you probably don't matter.

This post was liked by RGIII and Qwizboy.  You know, the non trolls who have never "liked" anything pro Colts.