Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

why is Luck still wearing a sleeve on his knee?

GoodLuck

I know he always wore a brace for precaution, but now he's wearing a sleeve and has been since.he hurt his knee last season.

Its mental comfort. Its like gloves for some WRs - it just helps you curb ur fear.

For example - D Rose doesnt want to play with a brace so its taking him longer to get to the point he's comfortable with that.   

But I'm actually not familiar with when he "hurt his knee" don't recall him getting hurt last season

He played the end of the yr with a.bum knee. He was on the injury report a few times. I thought he hurt it in the Liona gm, but not really sure.

Harbaugh would make all his QBs wear braces on one knee. Just for precaution. Andrew has said wearing a brace has helped him avoid multiple injuries. Wearing a sleeve on that same knee is probably just for comfort. The brace and Andrew are one being.

Harbaugh would make all his QBs wear braces on one knee. Just for precaution. Andrew has said wearing a brace has helped him avoid multiple injuries. Wearing a sleeve on that same knee is probably just for comfort. The brace and Andrew are one being.

He didn't start wearing it till last yr after the injury.

He was speaking about last year only. If memory serves me correct he didn't start wearing it last year until around mid season.

He has been wearing a brace ever since his time at Stanford.  Harbaugh wants his QBs to wear them so there is more stability when they plant to throw, I believe.  I think he wears the sleeve in the offseason just for comfort reasons.  If he always plays with a brace, it would feel weird to practice with nothing on it.

As far as being on the injury report over his knee, any time a player sees a trainer   for just about anything it has to go on the injury report or the team could face possible fines.  It doesn't necessarily mean that he suffered any type of serious injury, could just be getting some ice for it.  Also let's not forget that Tom Brady is on the injury report every week and he still manages to go out and play pretty darn well.  

As stated earlier, the brace is a preventative measure and something that Luck has grown accustomed to using.  No need to start panicking about his health.

As far as being on the injury report over his knee, any time a player sees a trainer for just about anything it has to go on the injury report or the team could face possible fines. It doesn't necessarily mean that he suffered any type of serious injury, could just be getting some ice for it. Also let's not forget that Tom Brady is on the injury report every week and he still manages to go out and play pretty darn well.

As stated earlier, the brace is a preventative measure and something that Luck has grown accustomed to using. No need to start panicking about his health.

If the line plays like last year or worse than last year, should we panic about his Health then?

If the line plays like last year or worse than last year, should we panic about his Health then?

If the line plays worse than last year, I will be more than a little concerned for his health.  If the line plays worse than last year, I'm sure I will be one of many from this forum that will be lining up with pitchforks and torches to run them out of town.

My God, you people keep talking about the brace I'm talking about the black sleeve he wears while working out in shorts. I know what the brace is for. But until this yr, he didnt train with a sleeve on his knee.

Again... SLEEVE, NOT BRACE

Last yr

Andrew+Luck+Indianapolis+Colts+Traning+C

This offseason

temp2013_0509_OffseasonWork_0751--nfl_me

My God, you people keep talking about the brace I'm talking about the black sleeve he wears while working out in shorts. I know what the brace is for. But until this yr, he didnt train with a sleeve on his knee.

Again... SLEEVE, NOT BRACE

Last yr

Andrew+Luck+Indianapolis+Colts+Traning+C

This offseason

temp2013_0509_OffseasonWork_0751--nfl_me

The honest answer is.....   no one knows why he's doing it.    You can always submit a question to the Ask the Colts mailbag article they do every week....    perhaps Craig Kelly can find out for you.

My guess is,  his knee is bothering him and he wanted a little support.   Since it's a sleeve and not a brace, I don't see cause for concern yet...

The honest answer is..... no one knows why he's doing it. You can always submit a question to the Ask the Colts mailbag article they do every week.... perhaps Craig Kelly can find out for you.

My guess is, his knee is bothering him and he wanted a little support. Since it's a sleeve and not a brace, I don't see cause for concern zyet...

If his knee is still bothering him, I'm kinda concerned.

If his knee is still bothering him, I'm kinda concerned.

I mean bothering him a minor way.    If it had been bothering him a bigger way,  he'd have taken care of it.

And maybe he did?    Maybe he had arthroscopic procedure and told no one!    I'm just not sure that at this point it rises to the level of being concerned.   

At least,  not yet.

The honest answer is.....   no one knows why he's doing it.    You can always submit a question to the Ask the Colts mailbag article they do every week....    perhaps Craig Kelly can find out for you.

My guess is,  his knee is bothering him and he wanted a little support.   Since it's a sleeve and not a brace, I don't see cause for concern yet...

and you'll probably get an answer like "i don't really wan't to go there or speculate about those things, but i do believe he will do great for us this season." 

I asked that  in another thread. The answer i got was he always wears a brace to practice. Apparently it stems from when Jim Harbaugh was at Stanford. It's something to do with keeping your lead leg straight to help with your throwing motion. It's a Harbaugh thing.

Might not be true, but thats what i've been told. Nothing to worry about.

I asked that  in another thread. The answer i got was he always wears a brace to practice. Apparently it stems from when Jim Harbaugh was at Stanford. It's something to do with keeping your lead leg straight to help with your throwing motion. It's a Harbaugh thing.

Might not be true, but thats what i've been told. Nothing to worry about.

If you simply scroll up 7 posts from this you'll see the Original Poster is NOT talking about a brace (which is what Harbaugh had Luck wear at Stanford)  he's talking about a sleeve, a wrap,  for his knee,  which the OP shows Luck did not wear in his rookie off season,  but is wearing in this one.    There are two pictures for you and others to see.

If you simply scroll up 7 posts from this you'll see the Original Poster is NOT talking about a brace (which is what Harbaugh had Luck wear at Stanford)  he's talking about a sleeve, a wrap,  for his knee,  which the OP shows Luck did not wear in his rookie off season,  but is wearing in this one.    There are two pictures for you and others to see.

Dude, i didnt look at any pictures. Im just relaying some information i was told a little while ago on here about it having something to do with throwing motion.

I only mentioned the brace, because i didnt have any information to contribute on the sleeve.

If the information I brought forth is wrong then i sincerely apologise. But that is no reason to call me out on it on here. Calm down man, we're all friends here.

Dude, i didnt look at any pictures. Im just relaying some information i was told a little while ago on here about it having something to do with throwing motion.

I only mentioned the brace, because i didnt have any information to contribute on the sleeve.

If the information I brought forth is wrong then i sincerely apologise. But that is no reason to call me out on it on here. Calm down man, we're all friends here.

Wow.....    you couldn't have misread my tone any worse if you tried.

There was no call out.    I'm as calm as can be.    I was simply pointing out something to see.  

That's it.    That's all.    Total misread.

I am sorry, .............

Sorry.... fighting it...

Sorry....must not type what I am about to sa.....

This thread sounds like a bad joke....QB walks into a training camp with a sleeve on his knee....stop!

Sorry again.....

I tried to fight it, for days....I couldn't hold back...bad crunked, bad, bad......

I agree with those who see this as nothing more than a mental thing for Luck. Looks like nothing more than a compression sleeve. If it is a compression sleeve its most likely for nothing more than his own piece of mind. Probably nothing more than a security blanket of sorts for him to help not even think about the knee especially after being injured last season. 

I agree with those who see this as nothing more than a mental thing for Luck. Looks like nothing more than a compression sleeve. If it is a compression sleeve its most likely for nothing more than his own piece of mind. Probably nothing more than a security blanket of sorts for him to help not even think about the knee especially after being injured last season.

Exactly. It's just a compression sleeve. I wrap my knees sometime when I lift. I wear knee braces when I ride mx. Don't need them for ether. Just being precautions. May feel better since its his plant leg. After wearing it for so long you kind if feel naked without wearing that stuff sometimes.

Maybe it's just for fashion

I wear arm sleeves & gloves when I play football. Do I need them? No, but I wear them cause they look cool and they have a mental impact on me that makes me perform better on the field

Luck doesn't really strike me as the type who'd wear needless equipment in order to look cool, though.